Author Topic: [Discussion] GK's Mod Discussion/Support Topic  (Read 4167 times)

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
[Discussion] GK's Mod Discussion/Support Topic
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:12:42 AM »
Once there is a proper section for mods, I'd very much like this topic moved but for now, this will have to do.

This will be a topic for the purpose of discussing any of the mods I've made, if someone finds a problem with it, has feedback for it, or just wants to compliment me on my amazing work ;)

Mods I've Released:

GK's Armory Also the first mod released on the forums!
GK's Armory adds 24 Greenstone Gold tiered weapons, 6 Armor pieces, a potion, and a key to the game!
Included in this mod is:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Weapons:
Claymore
Warhammer
Glaive
Halberd
Mace
Magic Staff
Hand Axe
Rapier
Bo Staff
Shotel
Scimitar
Dagger
Sabre
Scythe
Holy Blade
Deer Horn Knife
Pata
Sai
Scissor Glove
Broadsword
Bowie Knife
Falchion
Spear
Trident
Lucerne
Sickel
Hammer
Katana
Morning Star
Arrow
Armor:
Waistcoat
Scarf
Helmet
Chestpiece
Gauntlets
Boots
Misc:
Key
Potion

Preview of the mod:

Link to Mod Page: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=3

Changelog:
v1.0.0
- First Release
---
v2.0.0
- Spelling error fixes
- Updated some stats
- added placeholder combat stats
- weapons and armor are now craftable

---------------------

Western Weapons
This mod pack includes a western themed Revolver, Winchester, Scoped Winchester, Sticks of Dynamite, Molotov McRibtail, and Bullets. None of these items do anything on their own and are for scripting purposes. Note that in scripts the item IDs are WestRev, WestScope, WestWin, WestMol, WestBul, and WestDy

Preview of the mod:

Link to Mod Page: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=13

Changelog:
v1.0.0 - First Release

---------------------

Dark Souls Black Knight Gear
This mod pack includes the Black Knight Shield, Greataxe, Halberd, Sword, and Greatsword from Dark Souls 1.

Preview of the mod:

Link to Mod Page: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=12

Changelog:
v1.0.0 - First Release

---------------------
GK's Toy Army Men

This mod adds in 4 new NPCs in 10 different colors who are tiny as heck, and meant for nothing more than to fight each other. It adds in a Green, Red, Blue, and Yellow toy soldier, tank, jeep, and helicopter to watch fight to the death for your amusement. It comes with several behaviors that can be used to assign them to teams which will have them fight each other, but not the same color. IMPORTANT to make them work properly, on the npc spawn blocks, you have to set the inventory to contain the colored block of the color they are. For example, if you have a green tank and green jeep, they should have the green block in their inventories to make sure they don't attack each other, and make sure red/blue/yellow units all have their corresponding color in their inventory.

Preview of the mod:

Link to the mod page: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=32

Changelog:
v1.0.0 - First Release
v1.0.1 - improved ToySoldier behavior
v1.2.0 - new units and behaviors overhaul
v2.0.0 - 6 new teams
V2.1.0 - Animation for the soldiers!

---------------------
GK's Custom Block
This mod adds in a block separate from the rest, and doesn't replace any used blocks. It's completely unique and separate. Yes this mod is not a serious one, but it does show that we can have makeshift custom blocks added in right now by using unused blocks.

Preview of the mod:

Link to the mod page: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41

-----------------------------------------

Permissions
You do not have permission to re-upload any of my mods to any other sites.
You may not upload modified versions of my mods unless granted permission.
You may not use any of my assets in any of your mods unless granted permission.
You may however give feedback and have fun with my mods.

Once Total Miner has access to the Steam Workshop, all mods located here will be uploaded there, while this topic will remain open as a discussion topic. All of my mods on the forums will then be outdated and no longer managed, as the workshop will become the focus.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 05:07:24 AM by The Gold Knight »

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GK's Mod Discussion/Support Topic
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:26:34 AM »
Preview of upcoming mod(s):

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 11:09:34 AM »
Molotov McRibtail

Out of curiosity, Why did you not make the black knight set include the armour?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 12:15:35 PM »
Molotov McRibtail

Out of curiosity, Why did you not make the black knight set include the armour?
I had just uploaded the weapons/shield cuz I had already made the stuff a year ago. I remember starting work on the armor but never finishing it

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 04:58:56 AM »
Another preview of what GK is working on:

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 08:48:10 AM »
Once there is a proper section for mods, I'd very much like this topic moved but for now, this will have to do.

This will be a topic for the purpose of discussing any of the mods I've made, if someone finds a problem with it, has feedback for it, or just wants to compliment me on my amazing work ;)

Mods I've Released:

GK's Armory Also the first mod released on the forums!
GK's Armory adds 24 Greenstone Gold tiered weapons, 6 Armor pieces, a potion, and a key to the game!
Included in this mod is:
Weapons:
Claymore
Warhammer
Glaive
Halberd
Mace
Magic Staff
Hand Axe
Rapier
Bo Staff
Shotel
Scimitar
Dagger
Sabre
Scythe
Holy Blade
Deer Horn Knife
Pata
Sai
Scissor Glove
Broadsword
Bowie Knife
Falchion
Spear
Trident
Lucerne
Sickel
Hammer
Katana
Morning Star
Arrow
Armor:
Waistcoat
Scarf
Helmet
Chestpiece
Gauntlets
Boots
Misc:
Key
Potion

Preview of the mod:

Link to Mod Page: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=3

Changelog:
v1.0.0 - First Release

---------------------

Western Weapons
This mod pack includes a western themed Revolver, Winchester, Scoped Winchester, Sticks of Dynamite, Molotov McRibtail, and Bullets. None of these items do anything on their own and are for scripting purposes. Note that in scripts the item IDs are WestRev, WestScope, WestWin, WestMol, WestBul, and WestDy

Preview of the mod:

Link to Mod Page: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=13

Changelog:
v1.0.0 - First Release

---------------------

Dark Souls Black Knight Gear
This mod pack includes the Black Knight Shield, Greataxe, Halberd, Sword, and Greatsword from Dark Souls 1.

Preview of the mod:

Link to Mod Page: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=12

Changelog:
v1.0.0 - First Release

Permissions
You do not have permission to re-upload any of my mods to any other sites.
You may not upload modified versions of my mods unless granted permission.
You may not use any of my assets in any of your mods unless granted permission.
You may however give feedback and have fun with my mods.

Once Total Miner has access to the Steam Workshop, all mods located here will be uploaded there, while this topic will remain open as a discussion topic. All of my mods on the forums will then be outdated and no longer managed, as the workshop will become the focus.
So you posted some western stuff in my wild, wild west thread awhile ago. Is it okay if I use those textures now that they may be inside your mod?

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 11:01:08 AM »

Did you modify the default /gk skin? Not as in the model, The XML data. I thought Craig said custom avatars weren't possible yet.

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 11:47:36 AM »
Custom Avatar is a plan in the future,He simply added a new NPC and yes you can add and change NPC but not the main player skin or sometimes its call Avatar.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 01:03:11 PM »
Custom Avatar is a plan in the future,He simply added a new NPC and yes you can add and change NPC but not the main player skin or sometimes its call Avatar.

I was asking because the picture shows him wearing it. So my conclusion was that he modified an already existing skin with the XML to wear the skin.

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 01:22:28 PM »
Holy shizzel that GreenStone Warrior looks insane.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »

Did you modify the default /gk skin? Not as in the model, The XML data. I thought Craig said custom avatars weren't possible yet.
I actually replaced the Carpenter model just to see if I could actually do this. No xmls were used, I literally just replaced a model. I messaged good old craig to see if it's currently possible to add avatars instead of replacing them and he said yes. No explanation how though.

So you posted some western stuff in my wild, wild west thread awhile ago. Is it okay if I use those textures now that they may be inside your mod?
Yes, that stuff was originally made for you so you can do as you like with it

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 01:48:07 PM »
I actually replaced the Carpenter model just to see if I could actually do this. No xmls were used, I literally just replaced a model. I messaged good old craig to see if it's currently possible to add avatars instead of replacing them and he said yes. No explanation how though.
He may have thought you were referring towards NPC avatars instead of the player's if there was no clarification.
-Alionz

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 01:49:31 PM »
He may have thought you were referring towards NPC avatars instead of the player's if there was no clarification.
I think that may be the case, but I'm hoping it's still currently possible :P

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site 1 year on site I AM THE LAW!
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »
Could you make a custom NPC and slap a photo of Craig's face on it, add a voice so every time you get close to it or interact with it, it says "g'day mate"?

I'd pay to see that. Offers start at 10.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »
Could you make a custom NPC and slap a photo of Craig's face on it, add a voice so every time you get close to it or interact with it, it says "g'day mate"?

I'd pay to see that. Offers start at 10.

Or when you approach the NPC, it says "Craig from the total miner team here"