Author Topic:  Adding a new Forum for mods  (Read 401 times)

Zone

• Elite Member
  • Total Miner Youtuber
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: IGs x Zone
Adding a new Forum for mods
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »
With the game being out on PC, I think it would be nice to add a Modding Area (Forum) so people can talk about Code and stuff there Add mods they came up with to the Forums. Just a idea, I'm kinda shocked there isn't one yet. Edited Totally didn't see the new Download button but there still should be a forum to talk about how to work on the mods or tutorials or something that people can post about.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Your getting close
So close
Come on you can do it!
Can you feel the burn??
Your on fire!
Cold
Hot
HOT!!
Hi :D

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
Re: Adding a new Forum for mods
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 01:34:18 AM »
Would be pretty sweet for advertising your mod and letting people know what it's about/what you're updating on it, but the only thing I'd be dissapointed in seeing is the excessive amounts of unfinished/unplanned/unreleased mods on there. Sure there'll be some kickass stuff, but there'll be plenty of ideas stated but never worked on. Just like the ol' world section. :P

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 02:06:10 AM »
With the game being out on PC, I think it would be nice to add a Modding Area (Forum) so people can talk about Code and stuff there Add mods they came up with to the Forums. Just a idea, I'm kinda shocked there isn't one yet. Edited Totally didn't see the new Download button but there still should be a forum to talk about how to work on the mods or tutorials or something that people can post about.
I honestly agree I think it would be nice to see mods pop in and out of the forums and then some long period mods with updates and such.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 08:52:22 AM »
Would be pretty sweet for advertising your mod and letting people know what it's about/what you're updating on it, but the only thing I'd be dissapointed in seeing is the excessive amounts of unfinished/unplanned/unreleased mods on there. Sure there'll be some kickass stuff, but there'll be plenty of ideas stated but never worked on. Just like the ol' world section. :P

I figure that with the fairly basic state of mods at the moment, It will be more like the creative features section (More specifically the old scripting section.) Where people are always either asking for help, Or showing off some kickass thing.

There's about a 70:30 split there normally.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 09:05:56 AM »
I'll most likely be doing this soon. I'll need to come up with a bunch of prefixes for it otherwise it could get messy fast. Things like finished, in progress, discussion, etc. If anyone has suggestions feel free to just post them in this thread.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 09:27:49 AM »
If anyone has suggestions feel free to just post them in this thread.
"XML (only)" and "C#", as the possibilities from either can vary greatly.
-Alionz

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 11:24:52 AM »
I'll most likely be doing this soon. I'll need to come up with a bunch of prefixes for it otherwise it could get messy fast. Things like finished, in progress, discussion, etc. If anyone has suggestions feel free to just post them in this thread.
I feel like the modding questions should be in questions and answers, and I might make a tutorial on how to mod to keep the questions out if you want.