Author Topic:  Official Total Miner Community Channel  (Read 3339 times)

Zone

• Elite Member
  • Total Miner Youtuber
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: IGs x Zone
Re: Official Total Miner Community Channel
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 07:36:40 PM »
Was gonna put this shoutbox but it was a bit long winded. I see that the first video is up but here's my viewpoint...

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for the community channel but i think that it would be better to upload new videos and not re-upload others. I suppose you could have videos that aren't on YT for instance. Similar to how that Yogscast works i.e. they all contribute to the channel i.e. Mysterio uploads a video one week, zone does the next video, and then so on with other contributors, maybe weekly episodes too?

I completely understand that you all have other channels and lives so you may not be able to stick to this but even fortnightly or monthly uploads is perfectly fine.

Another thing is peoples atttention spans are low. Whilst filming a video on my channel, i found out that the average retention is just 5 minutes. As bad as it sounds, i'd say keep it to that. I'd happily watch a long episode (providing it was entertaining) but you can't please everyone.

Another idea is uploading something that you do on your own channels.

E.g.

Mysterio could do world jumping/showcases
Zone could do tutorials
TMD could do deathmatches

I'd stick to tutorials, build offs and showcases personally. Also link up some social media because that helps and don't forget to link them to forums too!

I'm aware theirs more TMF YT's but i'm not an elephant so i forgot (i'm an onion)

Anyway here's some constructive criticism for you and good luck (i subscribed)

Even myself, I don't upload weekly. I upload anything about Total Miner to Tutorials/Scripts/Showcase/World Hop/Showoff/Speed Build Etc but I normally Upload monthly or when there's a update out for TM. As this is a Community Channel I can't see why there's a problem with uploading Videos from the past as then people know where to find them and helps with more videos on the channel. Also for me I normally get around 7-10mins of watch time on my videos so idk where the 5mins came from lol but as I see it, What he's doing is fine and shouldn't be too much changes but I do agree there should be social media Linked as this helps with keeping people around the Forums/Etc.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Your getting close
So close
Come on you can do it!
Can you feel the burn??
Your on fire!
Cold
Hot
HOT!!
Hi :D

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »
Even myself, I don't upload weekly. I upload anything about Total Miner to Tutorials/Scripts/Showcase/World Hop/Showoff/Speed Build Etc but I normally Upload monthly or when there's a update out for TM. As this is a Community Channel I can't see why there's a problem with uploading Videos from the past as then people know where to find them and helps with more videos on the channel. Also for me I normally get around 7-10mins of watch time on my videos so idk where the 5mins came from lol but as I see it, What he's doing is fine and shouldn't be too much changes but I do agree there should be social media Linked as this helps with keeping people around the Forums/Etc.
Added a link to www.totalminerforums.net on the channel. Thanks can't believe i did not do that yet.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »
The channel is to showcase other channels and what they can bring to the table. But i might pop in a few uploads. ^-^

I'll look forward to a few 'cheeky' Mysterio videos :)

I agree with you. I wouldn't quote me on the watch time, it was the first article i clicked on! What gave me the idea is that in the suggested videos, it suggested the video it was showing (woah, that's a mind explosion!), which didn't seem 'right' to me personally. Also i forgot to mention scripting and the long forgotten wifi block tutorials as well as this is commonly asked on the forums.

Added a link to www.totalminerforums.net on the channel. Thanks can't believe i did not do that yet.

Me neither lol!
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Pringle

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »
Can you link the video.
I will contact you what is your channel name?
https://m.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 02:43:49 PM »
Take a look at the channel.  ^-^

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm

Total Miner Dude

• Awesome TM YouTuber
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Sonic Batarang
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 04:26:29 PM »
Use this mysterio!

[]

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 04:42:07 PM »
Are the videos monetized?
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 04:44:43 PM »

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm

Total Miner Dude

• Awesome TM YouTuber
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Sonic Batarang
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 04:56:55 PM »
No

I don't know if you can monetize them, because it's other peoples videos. YouTube will match them with third party content.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 05:00:12 PM »
I don't know if you can monetize them, because it's other peoples videos. YouTube will match them with third party content.
With permission that statement is incorrect. But i chose not to due to the fact i do not want pay for this. Also allot of court issues could come up.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »
hes who i all have done for any videos they posted on the forums(in hd...couldnt do any in non hd)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GT2LjEjsZWODqO58PI3QrO3MLSlPN8GBk6ktLbrXzwY/edit?usp=sharing

if you have a yt channel w hd vids then let me know and ill skim through your yt channel

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »
Use this mysterio!

[]
Sorry for the late response just don't want to daily upload as it will cover others video check the channel out now. :D

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2015, 06:39:43 PM »
Any video you guys think should be featured let anyone on the team know what it is and it will be reviewed and watched.  :D

Welcome BOBL19 to the team

Also new poll for weekly or twice a week uploads.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 06:44:22 AM »
This is my particle block tutorial video, many people have said it has helped them, so I thought it would be even more helpful on this channel

You are welcome to add any of my other total miner videos if you want to.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 08:31:43 AM »
Nice.

Just one correction. Rotation: PI will take 2 seconds to rotate a full circle. PI x 2 will take 1 second.