Author Topic:  2.1 update  (Read 439 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
2.1 update
« on: June 10, 2014, 04:22:38 AM »
So i have a q reguarding the infinite natural flat map,as far as depth

So its said the natural maps will be to bedrock,which is 2 3000 blocks down right

And then its stated infinite maps on reg super flat will be around 500,like it is now

My q is
is....why is it possible to create a super flat infinite like a dd map
But not a regular sf map....

Or am i actually wrong and have no clue what im talking about

Also,i do believe there was a few pics on the old forums reguarding infinite maps and i think it showed the depth around 1000 or something.....idr

But thats my q

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
Re: 2.1 update
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 11:08:43 AM »
My q is
is....why is it possible to create a super flat infinite like a dd map
But not a regular sf map....

Also,i do believe there was a few pics on the old forums reguarding infinite maps and i think it showed the depth around 1000 or something.....idr

The depth will still be 500 for infinite worlds, it's just on "natural mode" for infinite terrain there will be rock layers. So instead of the several hundred depth worth of clay, there may only be 20-30ish blocks worth of clay depth before running into sandstone.

If it is an old picture, it may have been a test to see if something like this could be done. Perhaps the depth can no longer be reached due to xbox 360 limitations, or that the build in the old picture isnt compatible with the current 2.0 code.

Or Craig is taking small steps; giving us infinite worlds to utilize for now, deeper infinite worlds down the road, instead of all at once.
You make me smile!

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »
The depth will still be 500 for infinite worlds, it's just on "natural mode" for infinite terrain there will be rock layers. So instead of the several hundred depth worth of clay, there may only be 20-30ish blocks worth of clay depth before running into sandstone.

If it is an old picture, it may have been a test to see if something like this could be done. Perhaps the depth can no longer be reached due to xbox 360 limitations, or that the build in the old picture isnt compatible with the current 2.0 code.

Or Craig is taking small steps; giving us infinite worlds to utilize for now, deeper infinite worlds down the road, instead of all at once.
Guess well see if he clearifys this

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 07:08:48 PM »
Natural flat maps are exactly the same as normal flat maps except they're not the same block all the way down from the surface to bedrock, they have grass on top, then dirt, then clay to rhyolite. I think it was DiamondBack who suggested the idea.

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 07:13:25 PM »
Natural flat maps are exactly the same as normal flat maps except they're not the same block all the way down from the surface to bedrock, they have grass on top, then dirt, then clay to rhyolite. I think it was DiamondBack who suggested the idea.

Yeppers... somewhere on here.