Author Topic:  Fuel temperature  (Read 184 times)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Fuel temperature
« on: January 07, 2018, 11:10:51 AM »
This is a fairly simple idea to give some depth to the game. I think that each fuel should burn at a different temperature. Fuel temperature would determine 2 things.
1: What percentage of the furnace time to use when smelting something. So a really hot fuel will melt gold a lot quicker than a cooler fuel.
2: Whether or not a certain fuel can actually melt something. So wood would not be able to melt Titanium.

This would add just a tiny bit of depth to crafting, And I think that bit of depth will improve things. Especially if it was made so that items with a furnace recipe could have a maximum fuel temperature for things like food. This way you can't just cook food with uranium, You'd have to cook it with wood or charcoal (Maybe add charcoal too?)

Currently, Uranium is too expensive to justify using it as a fuel source, And wood burns too fast to justify using it as a fuel source. This would give a reason to use these fuels if you needed to worry about which was the right temperature to smelt the thing you want to smelt.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Cooldude8

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Sharpbraineagl1
  • Steam: wesley51471
Re: Fuel temperature
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 12:51:56 PM »
Ooh, I like this idea a lot. +1

sora1kg

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: sora1kg
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »
This is noice idea ;)

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 02:07:12 AM »
Mm, this sounds nice. specifically like point 2. +1 :)
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!