Author Topic:  Member tagging  (Read 1984 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Member tagging
« on: January 03, 2018, 01:14:59 AM »
You now have the ability to tag other users in your posts. Works just as you'd expect it to. Tag somebody and they get a notification that they were tagged in X topic. To tag somebody just @name them. Once you post the first few letters you should get a box popping up with member suggestions, like so

If you have new mentions, it will be displayed like this

The number of new mentions you have will be displayed on the main bar. Clicking it from the dropdown will give you a list.

Old mentions should fall off this list after 7 days. If for some strange reason you want an email to be sent to you whenever you get a new mention, you can enable it from there.

And if you're using the Tapatalk app, you'll receive push notifications when you've been tagged.

Don't abuse this. Nobody likes being randomly tagged just for laughs.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: Member tagging
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 01:25:00 AM »
Boy, this sure is a nice feature that I definitely don't see being abused, no sir. @bob

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 01:54:51 AM »
I definitely don't see being abused

I have faith.

I think

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 03:42:31 AM »
This seems interesting.
@AlienizdPixel
-Alionz

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 04:32:30 AM »
@bob this definitely seems interesting, oh and @bob I'm sure no one will ever abuse this, that would be silly, wouldn't it @bob ?

@MEDUSA

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 06:07:16 AM »
Just gonna test how things work here..

@TheDestinedCrab
ooh..

Thanks @bob this is a great addition, we should all thank @bob because @bob added in this brand new feature. Well done @bob .
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 06:48:20 AM »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 06:49:42 AM »
Thanks @bob this is a great addition, we should all thank @bob because @bob added in this brand new feature. Well done @bob. I wonder if it does it from quotes too @Craig
You know, doing it after someone else has already done it, isn't funny.

It appears not to work when tagging oneself.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 01:40:11 PM »
Should there be a new rule to not incessantly do @Craig and such?

It should be obvious, But often times these things aren't obvious enough for some people.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MoiraIsEasyPOTG
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: OffenderMcGee
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 02:36:32 PM »
Not a fan of this one. Not that I expect to be spammed, but I wish it upon no one.
Miner Of The Month - April 2014

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 02:45:36 PM »
Should there be a new rule to not incessantly do @Craig and such?

It should be obvious, But often times these things aren't obvious enough for some people.
Honestly people shouldn't needlessly be tagging anyone, not just Craig or me or whoever. It's meant to be a convenience feature..for example if the topic of someone's map comes up, you can tag them to know it's a subject that is relevant to them. Not to put an @ Craig at the beginning of every bug report, cause he's going to be reading all those anyways.

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 03:50:07 PM »
Been wanting this for a while, thanks @bob

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
@BOBL19 free promotion  /mooning /mm

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 04:54:55 PM »
Just noticed this topic. Will be useful for question time. Thanks @bob

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 06:20:39 PM »
Ever gave a monkey a loaded gun? Ever seen what happens after you do... well, we're about to find out. >:D