Author Topic:  Bookcases don't need Books  (Read 268 times)

VirtualHarry

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: VirtualHarrison
  • Steam: VirtualHarry
Bookcases don't need Books
« on: January 02, 2018, 03:27:06 AM »
Just a curious thing I noticed while crafting in Survival Mode, that being the lack of books needed to craft a bookcase. To craft one, apparently all you need is two wood planks which seems very odd considering books do exist in the game as a low-level crafting material.

I was told in the Discord to post here so any input or anything like that is well appreciated  :D

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
Re: Bookcases don't need Books
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 05:09:52 AM »
I've always wondered this myself, does not make sense. They should add books into the crating recipe.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:33:24 AM »
It's because books were created some time after book cases, and the book case recipe never got updated.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 06:40:29 AM »
It's because books were created some time after book cases, and the book case recipe never got updated.

Are we likely to see a change in the recipe then?
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 11:21:13 AM »
I don't see the issue. I mean I guess bookcases hold books, but aren't they also containers as well? In theory making the bookcases with books means you shouldn't be able to place as many original books in the bookcase, but I guess I'm over thinking it.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

VirtualHarry

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »

Thanks! Always nice when you get a dev confirmation :)

VirtualHarry

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 03:02:29 PM »
I don't see the issue. I mean I guess bookcases hold books, but aren't they also containers as well? In theory making the bookcases with books means you shouldn't be able to place as many original books in the bookcase, but I guess I'm over thinking it.

I do see what you mean, but the block itself contains books inside it no matter what, so it just makes sense that books should be part of the recipe.  :P