Author Topic:  Couple of Ideas  (Read 192 times)

KryptoniteKS

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam: RelinquishedFire
Couple of Ideas
« on: January 01, 2018, 06:28:02 PM »
1) For the [Item] script, I would love if this script could be used for individual items as opposed to every instance of that item on the whole map. I would like to have one character hold a stick that I have set to heal people where another person holds a stick that I have scripted to teleport the player when swung. Of course, scripts would have to recognize these new item names as well in order for the swing commands to work.
2) Custom Item Editor: a 64x64x64 box that allows the player to create custom items and implement them into their game. This can either be done by placing the box as you would a component in a creative world, or through a menu at the main menu. The reason for this idea is I would love to mod the game and make custom items if it weren't for the fact that random people joining my world wouldn't be able to use them without downloading the mod. I want people to join my server and automatically be able to use all the custom items without having to download a mod (plus idk how to mod anyway).
3) Intersect script w/ Velocity: If this is already possible, just ignore this and I haven't looked hard enough. I want an easy way for my intersection to follow the particle (for spells). Like if I have a fireball particle that moves at crel:1,0,0 then I would like my intersection to move in the same direction but at the same speed, so when the particle hits the player, the player takes damage rather than the player taking damage simply because he is in the line of sight of the fireball.
4) Dedicated hosting: The option to open a new window that hosts my Total Miner server while I can still go on single player and create new maps or test scripts, etc. without disturbing the people on my server. Also the ability to spawn myself in my server that I'm hosting, switching from a dedicated session to a host session and vis-a-vis (is that the correct terminology? Idk much about this stuff) but I hope you know what I mean.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Couple of Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 07:05:18 PM »
The first two are possible with XML mods, Use XML mods, It's incredibly simple to learn.

The 3rd is something I have wanted for a while. It is technically possible with variables, But it's not ideal.

Lastly, I think dedicated servers are kind of a must for the game along with the browser the 360 version had.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

KryptoniteKS

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam: RelinquishedFire
Re: Couple of Ideas
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:56:12 PM »
The first two are possible with XML mods, Use XML mods, It's incredibly simple to learn.
The problem is that I don't want people who are joining to have to download any mods. Half the people who join would probably quit because they have to download something. I'd rather them be able to join and use the items from the get go. I would suggest making it automatically download mods when people join your server, but I know there are some sketchy people out there who may have some undesired files in their mods, so this wouldn't be suitable in every case.