Author Topic: [C#] TMFS (Open Source Total Miner Simplifier)  (Read 899 times)

Justyn

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ipodman365247
  • Steam: 2062
[C#] TMFS (Open Source Total Miner Simplifier)
« on: December 30, 2017, 04:13:55 PM »
TMFS

About:
Total Miner Forge Simplifier is a tool which makes installing Maps, Mods and Components easy! Just choose the file type, open it in TMFS, and it's installed! TMFS also features an easy downloader which scrapes a list from the forums and downloads uploaded files for you.

Screenshots:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

How To:

Contributor List:
  • Hayden
  • Justyn
If you want to see yourself in this list, contribute to the open source project which you can find under the download below!

Download:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:52:54 PM by Justyn »

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: TMFS (Open Source Total Miner Simplifier)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 04:44:42 PM »
TMFS

About:
Total Miner Forge Simplifier is a tool which makes installing Maps, Mods and Components easy! Just choose the file type, open it in TMFS, and it's installed! TMFS also features an easy downloader which scrapes a list from the forums and downloads uploaded files for you.

Screenshots:

How To:

Download:

Excellent tool mate!
Perhaps add one more option for Type titled "Packs" or something along those lines, for downloads that contain say, a mod and a component, or a component and a map, or even all three.

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
  • Awards 1 year on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 04:47:42 PM »
TMFS

About:

Screenshots:

How To:

Download:

Excellent tool mate!
Perhaps add one more option for Type titled "Packs" or something along those lines, for downloads that contain say, a mod and a component, or a component and a map, or even all three.
That wouldnt be necissary, we use the forums Downloads page to show what is available, so if this would be wanted, someone from the forums would have to make the pack
Craig doesn't know me.

Justyn

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 05:03:11 PM »
Excellent tool mate!
If there was another downloads section on the forums for them we definitely would. But at the moment, no one is creating packs like that and without a proper standardized format for the downloads we can't make an installer for them.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »
Excellent tool mate!
If there was another downloads section on the forums for them we definitely would. But at the moment, no one is creating packs like that and without a proper standardized format for the downloads we can't make an installer for them.
As a heads up, my mods will be adopting the folder structure of Mods > ModFolderName, which I'm hoping will become a standard format, as this way it only needs to be dropped into the TotalMiner folder. ;)

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
  • Awards 1 year on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 12:02:35 AM »
New update released! Please check the downloads page to download the most recent update.
Craig doesn't know me.

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 12:03:03 AM »
I really need to do the auto update system...
Craig doesn't know me.

Justyn

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 12:11:16 AM »
Excellent tool mate!
As a heads up, my mods will be adopting the folder structure of Mods > ModFolderName, which I'm hoping will become a standard format, as this way it only needs to be dropped into the TotalMiner folder. ;)
But its already the standard to put everything in the root without unneeded folders? What's the need to complicate things? I get that it seems easier, but its just dropping in to 1 more folder in. Ultimately I think most people will end up using whatevers easiest and changing the folder structure so that it no longer works with TMFS will just make it difficult for me not only to make compatible but also for the people using TMFS.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 08:18:23 AM »
Excellent tool mate!
But its already the standard to put everything in the root without unneeded folders? What's the need to complicate things? I get that it seems easier, but its just dropping in to 1 more folder in. Ultimately I think most people will end up using whatevers easiest and changing the folder structure so that it no longer works with TMFS will just make it difficult for me not only to make compatible but also for the people using TMFS.
I agree. You should archive your mod folder only, not parent folders. Exclude the Mods folder from your archive. People will quickly learn to extract the archive into the Mods folder. Adding the Mods folder to your archive is just confusing the issue.

Titan

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 11:12:17 PM »
TMFS Launcher please, where we can just get auto updates!

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »
TMFS Launcher please, where we can just get auto updates!
This has been something we are working on, it is just not a high priority right now...
Craig doesn't know me.

Justyn

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 06:53:43 PM »
If anyone hasn't already noticed, TMFS has updated a few times since release and now features auto-updating! Download it today.  ;)

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 08:54:59 PM »
Is there any way the program could show what mods you already have installed? And perhaps a way to uninstall mods too?

Justyn

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 10:16:51 PM »
Is there any way the program could show what mods you already have installed? And perhaps a way to uninstall mods too?
Yeah, should be quite easy. I'll work on that soon.

EDIT: Hayden kind of worked on it, but its borked. I'll pretty it up sometime
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:39:08 PM by Justyn »

Justyn

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 03:35:53 PM »
Now that we have >20 Mods, its time for another TMFS update! Unfortunately at the fault of Hayden, we released a Debug build which sadly means that the autoupdate is broken on some newer versions. If you updated to 2018.01.12.0 you will have to manually update. Sorry for the inconvenience.