Author Topic:  Default NPC Behavior  (Read 455 times)

Rock

• Elite Member
  • rock
  • Awards 3 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: extremely thick
  • PSN: extremely moist
  • Steam: at your service
Default NPC Behavior
« on: December 29, 2017, 04:38:16 PM »
My idea is to have a new option in the creative menu called "Default NPC Behavior: Classic Behavior (New NPC Spawns Only)."  Enabling this option would change the default behavior of all npcs (only for NPC Spawns placed after this option is enabled). Here's an example: All zombie npcs will default to the zombie behavior, and all diablo npcs will default to the diablo behavior...same goes for spiders, orcs, trolls, and etc.  Also, any npcs that doesn't naturally spawn (aka NOT mobs) would default to the stationary behavior if this option is enabled (like Xbox TM).

My other idea is to have another option which would do the exact same thing as stated above except enabling this option would change all existing NPC Spawns in the map (like giving diablos the diablo behavior, etc.) instead of changing NPC Spawns placed after the option is enabled. This option would be called: Change All NPC Behaviors: Classic Behavior.
hi

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: Default NPC Behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:19:28 PM »
It already does this I thought.

Rock

• Elite Member
  • rock
  • Awards 3 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 10:43:01 PM »
It already does this I thought.
Well if you convert worlds all npcs in your converted world (monsters, nonmonsters) will use the "default" behavior so I thought having an option to change all npc spawns to use their original behavior would be useful ((ex. zombies' default behaviors would be changed to zombie behavior, and trollgirl, policeman...(other nonmonster npcs) would use stationary behavior))

(not sure about freshly placed npc spawns yet as I didn't check for that)
hi

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 11:35:14 PM »
change all npc spawns to use their original behavior
NPC's didn't have any behaviour.

Rock

• Elite Member
  • rock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 12:43:56 AM »
change all npc spawns to use their original behavior
NPC's didn't have any behaviour.
I know but what I meant by behavior is how npcs would fight you in Xbox (using mob spawn of course) (dryad, goblin, zombie..etc) and how other npcs would remain static in Xbox (using npc spawn) (boy, girl, girl3, trollboy, etc) That's what I meant by original behavior.  Or maybe in the process of converting a world the game would detect mob spawns and the mob type used (zombie in a mob spawn gets converted to zombie in an npc spawn with zombie behavior) while npc spawns that get detected would change all npcs behavior to stationary.
hi

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 01:00:13 AM »
All you have to do is make a new behavior, and place the "StandStill" node there.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 01:30:06 AM »
All you have to do is make a new behavior, and place the "StandStill" node there.
Or just use the default system behavior "Statue"

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 04:23:48 AM »
Yes, just noticed that, but this idea is a lot of not needed work for something that can already be done.

Rock

• Elite Member
  • rock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 04:27:10 AM »
Yes, just noticed that, but this idea is a lot of not needed work for something that can already be done.
That's not my idea at all. I know the statue behavior exists and that the standstill node exists (why point them out anyway, completely irrelevant to my main points).  My idea is when you convert a world from xbox to pc, npc spawns converted will automatically convert with statue/stationary behavior and mob spawns will convert into npc spawns with enemy behavior depending on the mob type (spiders in mob spawns will default to spider behavior because they're spider enemies, etc.) 
hi