Author Topic:  Ignore user  (Read 412 times)

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
Ignore user
« on: December 18, 2017, 05:15:05 AM »
Can the Ignore User function be vastly improved, they can see everything I post and I can see everything they post and it's kinda counter-productive to have the option when it doesn't block them. If I wanted to just ignore them I would just not read their post.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:28:13 AM by II FerGie x 🍀 »

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Re: Ignore user
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:05:38 AM »
Can the Ignore User function be vastly improved, they can see everything I post and I can see everything they post and it's kinda counter-productive to have the option when it doesn't block them. If I wanted to just ignore them I would just not read their post.
Wrong section, dude. This would be under site suggestions. http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?board=20.0

Edit: Although if you have a problem someone and it isn't against the rules of the site, I would recommend talking to that person about it. Conflict management isn't the job of the site administrators, they aren't like your average school counselors.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:28:40 AM by II FerGie x 🍀 »

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »
I didn't know which section to put this under to be honest, thanks for the suggestion (no pun in ten did)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:29:11 AM by II FerGie x 🍀 »

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 01:29:50 AM »
As for the actual blocking, the option does stop you from seeing their posts. You do not have to click "open message". It is totally up to you whether you choose to read said persons post or message.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:31:00 AM by II FerGie x 🍀 »
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 10:23:46 AM »
As for the actual blocking, the option does stop you from seeing their posts. You do not have to click "open message". It is totally up to you whether you choose to read said persons post or message.

Tbh there should be an option to block peoples topic's too but at the end of the day what you said makes sense. Just don't open the reply/topic if you don't like that person.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:32:37 AM by II FerGie x 🍀 »

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
  • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 11:27:26 AM »
It doesnít matter who it is, Iíll be editing and removing posts if it regarding talking about a certain member. If thereís any issues, please contact either myself, Jim or bob. I also want to mention that if you donít see anything happen, doesnít mean nothing happened. We take your concerns seriously and will act upon it if it breaks any of the rules.

Regarding the topic, I do understand your concerns and agree with you. However that may be an issue to fix on the site since there are limitations. However it may not be the case but bob will have a better understanding of how the site works.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 11:32:18 AM »
It doesnít matter who it is, Iíll be editing and removing posts if it regarding talking about a certain member. If thereís any issues, please contact either myself, Jim or bob. I also want to mention that if you donít see anything happen, doesnít mean nothing happened. We take your concerns seriously and will act upon it if it breaks any of the rules.

Regarding the topic, I do understand your concerns and agree with you. However that may be an issue to fix on the site since there are limitations. However it may not be the case but bob will have a better understanding of how the site works.
Thanks, I just feel unhappy on the forums with all the people that attack me for no reason. I wouldn't mind if there was a way to just "block the haters"

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »

Thanks, I just feel unhappy on the forums with all the people that attack me for no reason. I wouldn't mind if there was a way to just "block the haters"
Sounds like a hostile work environment.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas