Author Topic:  Too many ads!!!  (Read 655 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Too many ads!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »
is it the closest thing to the forums on the phone?

I don't know what you mean. The closest thing to the forums on a phone is a web browser and using the full, fat forums. Tapatalk is a mobile optimized forum software that works with preexisting sites. The old android app is just a webview app with some convenience buttons.

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
I guess using the browser would be easier :/

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 05:11:17 PM »
So the ads are fixed?

I don't have any control over the ads on the current app. See the thread I just posted in site news for the tapatalk info.

Do you know where there coming from? They seem to appear every 20 seconds. It's weird considering you didn't put them there.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 05:16:12 PM »
Do you know where there coming from? They seem to appear every 20 seconds. It's weird considering you didn't put them there.
They come from the app provider. We don't make anything from those, as I don't put ads on anything because I personally don't like ads and I adblock everything, so I wouldn't expect anyone else to like them either. But they're pretty much unavoidable in the phone world.

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 05:17:53 PM »
They come from the app provider. We don't make anything from those, as I don't put ads on anything because I personally don't like ads and I adblock everything, so I wouldn't expect anyone else to like them either. But they're pretty much unavoidable in the phone world.

That's what i thought, weird how even ad-block fails now. Soon everything will be filled with ads.