Author Topic:  Programming - C#  (Read 1100 times)

Scotty2Hotty999

• Welcome to my Profile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: VideoGameLord09
  • Steam: scotty2hotty999
Programming - C#
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:49:15 PM »
So, I haven't been able to find a topic for programming; so I decided to create one!

I first dove into C# coding a few years ago. I started by creating small little things like a button that when pressed adds a number to a variable and displays it on the screen. I then started getting deeper, wanting to create actual games with the language. I found myself obsessed with creating games in using Windows Forms. I then decided, "I want to create a Zombie Survival RPG game on Windows Forms" which turned into my current project: ZAS-RPG (Zombie Apocalypse Survival  RPG) I started slow, but then started developing many features.

I had Items that you could eat and regain hunger, a travel menu to travel to locations that randomly generate items inside of a list box. I then developed a system to loot houses that would generate items. Then onto crafting, then NPCs and on and on!

So far, it has been going great for me! I just finished learning how to create Console games using C#

I'm very interested to see what other stories people have with programming!!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
Re: Programming - C#
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 02:18:06 AM »
There are a few pages under search results for the whole forum that speak of programming or talk of it in some light.
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=17378.msg181725#msg181725

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=11953.msg134527#msg134527

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=15715.msg165554#msg165554

Most haven't been used in a while. Anyway, best of luck on your C# journey.

Scotty2Hotty999

• Welcome to my Profile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 06:53:29 AM »
There are a few pages under search results for the whole forum that speak of programming or talk of it in some light.
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=17378.msg181725#msg181725

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=11953.msg134527#msg134527

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=15715.msg165554#msg165554

Most haven't been used in a while. Anyway, best of luck on your C# journey.
Hmm strange, I tried searching for "Programming" to make sure no other topics came up and I couldn't find any! But thank you for your best wishes!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
I'd still post here. Keep it active. Most of those are about gaming. Not programming as a whole. And I personally enjoy C#. Would be a good place to share thoughts and help people improve their skills.

Niften

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Crevis
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 11:03:47 PM »
Honestly this topic is worthy of an entire category on the forums. I know a bit of C but not C#... might get into it. I dev in a program called GameMaker as of now, because it's good for throwing together prototypes really quickly and because it specializes in 2D. If I try something 3D I'll hit up C#.
ya mad or ya bad?

Scotty2Hotty999

• Welcome to my Profile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 12:09:54 PM »
I used to dev in GameMaker then I learned C# and started coding with Visual Studio. Now I create games on Construct 2, but C# is a very awesome asset to learn!

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »
Honestly this topic is worthy of an entire category on the forums.

No, it really isn't. We tried it on the old forums and it was a disaster. It was barely used, and on the rare occasion somebody did post in it they were either giving completely inaccurate information, or making threads that amounted to "dear Craig plz teach me make vidya game thx"

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 03:49:27 PM »
Honestly this topic is worthy of an entire category on the forums.

No, it really isn't. We tried it on the old forums and it was a disaster. It was barely used, and on the rare occasion somebody did post in it they were either giving completely inaccurate information, or making threads that amounted to "dear Craig plz teach me make vidya game thx"

I think the point being made there was more along the lines of "The information density of this subject is too much for one forum thread to properly accommodate."

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym