Author Topic:  How the awards system works  (Read 30550 times)

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Re: How the awards system works
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2017, 03:43:40 AM »
How bout we keep this topic, on topic, as opposed to making it a fun house joke session?
You are a joke session. And who says I am not being serious?

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »
New award added. The Uploader award. This one goes to the people who have contributed the most to the download section. We have 4 people as our initial inductees: GK, XBLToothpik, Jesse, and Spark. This takes into account not just download numbers, or star ratings as you'd think, but a variety of other factors of which I assigned a numerical value to and these are your four people who scored the highest in the end. So things like willingness to help other members having issues with their mod, and various other things help to score points here.

And before anybody asks.... no, I'm not telling you any more than that. Because I don't want people trying to artificially manipulate it to score awards, and you can't manipulate what you don't know.

I'll go through once a month or so and recalculate the scores and add the award to anyone who makes their way into the rankings. Not to worry though, as once you have the award you keep it, even if somebody else comes along and bumps you down the rankings. So if you want this award, the trick here is to share more of your work.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2018, 03:46:41 PM »

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2018, 04:26:50 PM »
Nice little award to inspire future creators. I am honored to be one of the initial members to get this award. I hope i remain meeting this requirements. I always try to help people with my mods/worlds. :) /mm

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2018, 05:23:31 PM »
New award added. The Uploader award. This one goes to the people who have contributed the most to the download section. We have 4 people as our initial inductees: GK, XBLToothpik, Jesse, and Spark. This takes into account not just download numbers, or star ratings as you'd think, but a variety of other factors of which I assigned a numerical value to and these are your four people who scored the highest in the end. So things like willingness to help other members having issues with their mod, and various other things help to score points here.

And before anybody asks.... no, I'm not telling you any more than that. Because I don't want people trying to artificially manipulate it to score awards, and you can't manipulate what you don't know.

I'll go through once a month or so and recalculate the scores and add the award to anyone who makes their way into the rankings. Not to worry though, as once you have the award you keep it, even if somebody else comes along and bumps you down the rankings. So if you want this award, the trick here is to share more of your work.
Okay but like, could I just have it?

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2018, 12:16:15 AM »
5 year awards are up now. I've removed the minimum post count requirement for the year awards but there's a minimum activity requirement as it would have had to jump up to like 1300 or 1400 for the 5 year, which is getting a bit out of hand. So how it works now is you must have at least 40 posts within the last year to qualify for the award. For those people who have a period of inactivity, you may only claim one new award at a time. So for example, if you have the 1 year and 2 year awards, and then go inactive for 2 years and then come back to make 40 posts, you'll only be eligible for the 3 year award. Not the 3 and 4 year awards. You'll become eligible for the 4 year award once 365 days have passed since you earned the last years award, assuming you've kept up with the minimum activity requirement.

So if you're missing an award due to not having the minimum post count, go do a quick check of your posts and see if you've met the 40 in the past year requirement.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2018, 05:56:39 AM »
5 year awards are up now. I've removed the minimum post count requirement for the year awards but there's a minimum activity requirement as it would have had to jump up to like 1300 or 1400 for the 5 year, which is getting a bit out of hand. So how it works now is you must have at least 40 posts within the last year to qualify for the award. For those people who have a period of inactivity, you may only claim one new award at a time. So for example, if you have the 1 year and 2 year awards, and then go inactive for 2 years and then come back to make 40 posts, you'll only be eligible for the 3 year award. Not the 3 and 4 year awards. You'll become eligible for the 4 year award once 365 days have passed since you earned the last years award, assuming you've kept up with the minimum activity requirement.

So if you're missing an award due to not having the minimum post count, go do a quick check of your posts and see if you've met the 40 in the past year requirement.
I mean... I don't even have the four year award yet

#BanAtlas

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2018, 07:09:35 AM »
Yeah. Trub told me not to give it to you. He thought it would be funny or something. It's his fault.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »
Yeah. Trub told me not to give it to you. He thought it would be funny or something. It's his fault.
What a lime. I'll have to get him back somehow

#BanAtlas

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
Good thing I kept up with it the past 4 years. ;) I wonder if I've made that requirement yet.  ::)

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2018, 01:39:30 AM »
Trub's just a dirt so and so.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2018, 03:18:37 AM »
You're just jealous that I have more awards than you.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2018, 07:37:51 AM »
You're just jealous that I have more awards than you.
You can't even spell rewards

#BanAtlas

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2018, 08:51:57 AM »
5 years here? Damn, some of yall have been here from child to teenager / teenager to adult :o

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2018, 02:01:10 PM »
People stopped responding to my posts. So I stopped posting .
Focus determines reality...