Author Topic:  TMLiveServer?  (Read 717 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
TMLiveServer?
« on: June 05, 2015, 10:30:14 PM »
who is this?i know it has something to do with craig prob and i think i saw it on a world bfr one time,but who is it,or what is it?

also i went to go look in my recents to look at a profile that joined and i saw the tmliveserver gt in my recents,or like it was on my map,but it was just the other person on my map(it showed 2 ppl) and ive seen the gt in my recents a couple of times now

is it like a ghost profile that doesnt appear on your players in game or......or its invisible,or what
and whats the purpose of the gt or profile anyways?

Tempers

• Elite Member
  • Thats how we do it, Tempah style!
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site 3 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: s7n Tempers
Re: TMLiveServer?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 01:06:46 AM »
It is To do with Craig I believe it try's to point out where blue screens are and detect cheaters to remove them from the leader boards

~Tempers~

Flawy

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FlaWlEzZ Evo
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 01:20:30 AM »
From what I have heard, you connect with it every time you leave a world or something I guess for errors, like an error server, I could be wrong tho :o

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 01:46:02 AM »
You connect to it every time you play TM, it does not mean it has joined your world or anything.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 06:58:16 AM »
As it is shown as a recent player and mentioned above that we connect to it everytime we play TM can we know what it's purpose is? and if it's collecting information, what information?

If i'm being forced to connect to a player/XBL account i want to know why. And what for.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 07:22:17 AM »
As it is shown as a recent player and mentioned above that we connect to it everytime we play TM can we know what it's purpose is? and if it's collecting information, what information?

If i'm being forced to connect to a player/XBL account i want to know why. And what for.

Think of it as an error reporter, You connect to it, And it sends data to Craig about anything that may have gone wrong.

I believe it also allows Craig to do those cool yellow title messages that he did with 2.1.

Indie games don't support dedicated servers, So Craig has to make an xbox live account and leave it on an xbox that's always on (I think).

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 08:57:06 PM »
It servers two purposes.

1. Collects error reports. Both blue screens (so I don't need to reply on players to send in photo's) and internal errors which are caught but do not crash the game. The error reports have no identifying data whatsoever, just the error information I need to try fix the errors.

2. It distributes highscores for the Leaderboard. The only identifying data the highscores have is the gamertag, which I think you'll all agree is kind of necessary ;)

The XBLIG system does not allow us to capture any kind of personal data anyway. We can't even access your profile ID which would allow us to untie certain features from your gamertag. I don't know if games on the other channels can either. It's a pretty closed system.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 06:50:13 AM »
I don't know if games on the other channels can either. It's a pretty closed system.

Actually to this point, Some games do in fact have access to the profile id in their saves, I know for a fact that MC360 does from when i used to modify my worlds on it before TM v1.8.

At least on MC it saves your profile id in the world's enclosed index file as a (rather large) decimal number to keep track of the player's data in the world.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym