Poll

What phase 3 film are you most looking forward to?

Avengers: Infinity War
3 (27.3%)
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
2 (18.2%)
Doctor Strange
2 (18.2%)
Captain Marvel
1 (9.1%)
Thor: Ragnarock
0 (0%)
Inhumans
0 (0%)
Captian America: Civil War
2 (18.2%)
Black Panther
0 (0%)
Ant Man(could possibly be phase 2, unsure)
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: [Movies] Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 5531 times)

An Atlas Will Rise

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
[Movies] Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2015, 12:30:50 AM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/27/ive-got-issues-why-marvel-was-smart-to-commit-to-new-diverse-heroes

sooooooooooooooo..........cacausions and Asians just cheased to exsist in this new world?

I get wanting to expsaned things..............but female thor? I as a female want my hunkey male thor back.

idk it just seems like PC/NWO nonsense to me.
Well technically there has been multiple thors, from white males to giant horseheaded alien. It seems like people don't start freaking out until its a minority or a female.

In reality though, it'll probably go like the other characters. They will get a brief stunt as Thor then Donald Blake will take back over as they get a new name like beta ray bill or thunder strike
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:33:17 AM by Atlas Telamon »

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »
Well technically there has been multiple thors, from white males to giant horseheaded alien. It seems like people don't start freaking out until its a minority or a female.

In reality though, it'll probably go like the other characters. They will get a brief stunt as Thor then Donald Blake will take back over as they get a new name like beta ray bill or thunder strike

its not so much that they are a minatry (even tho I don't see an Asian in there) or female that rubes me the wrogn way (after all my fav green lantern is john stewurt super hunk). its when they are a minarty or female because of political correctness nonese or "feels".

exp the female thor is fgemale because it was a stent to hopfuly draw in more females. I cant speak for all females, but for me I will gladly take the hunkey male thor or some bimbo anyday.
and that annoys me.

I get things are gona change some, but theres no reason to mess with a golden standered so to speak.
exp, theres no reason or sense for a black batman, no reason or sense for a male raven, no reason for a white black panter. stuff like that is just silly.

"Agy then why are you ok with a black green lantern?"

well theres 2 reason, one hes a super hunk (drools), and 2, green lanterns knows no age/sex/race/alien/human/anything. john didn't pretend to be hal Jorden. because hal Jorden was hal Jorden. even with john being the earths current green lanter. if you want to go further theres aculty 3 human green lanters, hal, john and guy. and even very briefly batman himself (who teamed up with guy, senestro (pre turning bad.......um super bad), and a 3rd green lantern who looked like a dog, and a plaent that was a green lantern. was a very cool story line).
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

An Atlas Will Rise

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2015, 11:46:02 PM »
its not so much that they are a minatry (even tho I don't see an Asian in there) or female that rubes me the wrogn way (after all my fav green lantern is john stewurt super hunk). its when they are a minarty or female because of political correctness nonese or "feels".

exp the female thor is fgemale because it was a stent to hopfuly draw in more females. I cant speak for all females, but for me I will gladly take the hunkey male thor or some bimbo anyday.
and that annoys me.

I get things are gona change some, but theres no reason to mess with a golden standered so to speak.
exp, theres no reason or sense for a black batman, no reason or sense for a male raven, no reason for a white black panter. stuff like that is just silly.

"Agy then why are you ok with a black green lantern?"

well theres 2 reason, one hes a super hunk (drools), and 2, green lanterns knows no age/sex/race/alien/human/anything. john didn't pretend to be hal Jorden. because hal Jorden was hal Jorden. even with john being the earths current green lanter. if you want to go further theres aculty 3 human green lanters, hal, john and guy. and even very briefly batman himself (who teamed up with guy, senestro (pre turning bad.......um super bad), and a 3rd green lantern who looked like a dog, and a plaent that was a green lantern. was a very cool story line).
I just don't understand your logic. You can have 50 different white guys rotate into a role, but when someone else does it its wrong?

#BanAtlas

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »
I just don't understand your logic. You can have 50 different white guys rotate into a role, but when someone else does it its wrong?

you didn't read a single thing I said............

anywho

An Atlas Will Rise

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2015, 01:22:47 PM »
you didn't read a single thing I said............
Yes I did. Want me to break it down for you?

Batman has had multiple people take over, including nightwing and azreal

Black panther has had a white guy take over for a bit.

Raven is the only character who's logic makes sense, since raven is raven.

The question is, if they want to introduce a new character that has a different perspective from the original, why do they have to stick with the original race? The point of switching up who is under the mask is to put a different spin on the character. And some versions are better than the original. People can like Kate Bishop more than Clint Barton. People can like kamala khan over carol danvers.

#BanAtlas

Frankyboy8U74

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Frankyboy8U74
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 01:49:19 PM »
Civil War and Doc Strange are tied! Oh Ant Man is phase 2 by the way, sorry if someone else already said that.
Good, good. Let the jimmies rustle through you.

An Atlas Will Rise

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »
Civil War and Doc Strange are tied! Oh Ant Man is phase 2 by the way, sorry if someone else already said that.
I need to update the OP and everything. I'll fix it in the next poll

#BanAtlas

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 06:24:55 PM »
Yes I did. Want me to break it down for you?

Batman has had multiple people take over, including nightwing and azreal

Agy: but they arnt "batman".

Black panther has had a white guy take over for a bit.

Agy: I cant find anything on that?

Raven is the only character who's logic makes sense, since raven is raven.

Agy: muhahahaha!

The question is, if they want to introduce a new character that has a different perspective from the original, why do they have to stick with the original race? The point of switching up who is under the mask is to put a different spin on the character. And some versions are better than the original. People can like Kate Bishop more than Clint Barton. People can like kamala khan over carol danvers.

Agy: things like batman, it makes zero snese for bruce whane to be black all of a sudden. but for other people say green lantern (I know these arnt marvel sorry). green lantern can be anyone or any thing. its not that x cant be Y , its that X cant be Y because of "feels" it needs to have a reason.
female thor is female because of "feels". theres no other reason for it. things like that are no good to me. (as I pointed out in my original post ^_^)

anywho

An Atlas Will Rise

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 06:51:53 PM »

They wear the batman costume and are called batman, therefore they have taken the mantle of batman.

Captain America took over as black panther for a short time in the ulimates so t'challa could go home to his people

Yeah, and this Thor is a different person. The Thor mantle has been taken over by multiple people over the years. You should be complaining about loki, since he/she has switched between male, female, child, and adult while remaining the same person

#BanAtlas

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
They wear the batman costume and are called batman, therefore they have taken the mantle of batman.

Agy: there are only 2 batmen, bruce and terry. all others are simply imitators :O!

Captain America took over as black panther for a short time in the ulimates so t'challa could go home to his people

Agy: cap would ^_^, but hes standing in, hes not "the" black panther ^_^

Yeah, and this Thor is a different person. The Thor mantle has been taken over by multiple people over the years. You should be complaining about loki, since he/she has switched between male, female, child, and adult while remaining the same person

Agy: loki is magic, loki can do what loki wants ^_^

anywho

An Atlas Will Rise

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2015, 07:56:16 PM »

Then just think of her and these others as imposters:

Red Norvell

Part of a documentary crew brought to Asgard by Loki, Roger "Red" Norvell meets and falls in love with Lady Sif. Red Norvell is given Thor's Iron Gauntlets and Belt of Strength by Loki to compete with Thor for Sif's affections, beating him and taking his hammer, with neither realizing this was part of a master plan by Odin to create a surrogate God of Thunder to die fighting the Serpent of Ragnarok and fulfill the prophecy.

Beta Ray Bill

Beta Ray Bill is the champion of the Korbinites, an alien race. Debuting in Thor #337, the character was initially intended to be a surprise as an apparent monster who unexpectedly proves to be actually a great hero. As such, Bill becomes the first being outside of the Marvel Universe's Norse pantheon to be deemed worthy enough to wield Thor's hammer, Mjolnir. After an initial rivalry for possession of the weapon, both the Thunder God and the alien warrior reconciled as staunch allies. Bill is granted a war hammer of his own called Stormbreaker, which grants him the same powers as Thor. He has since made numerous appearances.

Eric Masterson

Eric Masterson is initially bonded with Thor after Thor is punished for apparently killing Loki. Masterson carries the mantle of Thor for several years, continuing his roles as a member of the Avengers and protector of Midgard. Thor is eventually freed from Eric's mind, and asks that he continue serving as God of Thunder. Tricked by the Enchantress Masterson attacks Thor, and soon after relinquishes the hammer to Thor. In gratitude for his services, Odin provides Masterson with an enchanted mace, which he uses under the alias of Thunderstrike.

Dargo Ktor

Dargo Ktor is the host of a 26th-century version of Thor, who is empowered when holding Mjolnir, a subject of worship in that century.

Female Thor

Marvel announced that in October 2014 there will be a new Thor who is female. As revealed in the aftermath of the "Original Sin" storyline, Thor lost his ability to wield Mjolnir, which was later found by an unidentified woman who obtains both the Asgardian's power and name.

And these are all from the mainstream universe, there are many more in the parallels.

#BanAtlas

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »
Then just think of her and these others as imposters:

Red Norvell

Part of a documentary crew brought to Asgard by Loki, Roger "Red" Norvell meets and falls in love with Lady Sif. Red Norvell is given Thor's Iron Gauntlets and Belt of Strength by Loki to compete with Thor for Sif's affections, beating him and taking his hammer, with neither realizing this was part of a master plan by Odin to create a surrogate God of Thunder to die fighting the Serpent of Ragnarok and fulfill the prophecy.

Beta Ray Bill

Beta Ray Bill is the champion of the Korbinites, an alien race. Debuting in Thor #337, the character was initially intended to be a surprise as an apparent monster who unexpectedly proves to be actually a great hero. As such, Bill becomes the first being outside of the Marvel Universe's Norse pantheon to be deemed worthy enough to wield Thor's hammer, Mjolnir. After an initial rivalry for possession of the weapon, both the Thunder God and the alien warrior reconciled as staunch allies. Bill is granted a war hammer of his own called Stormbreaker, which grants him the same powers as Thor. He has since made numerous appearances.

Eric Masterson

Eric Masterson is initially bonded with Thor after Thor is punished for apparently killing Loki. Masterson carries the mantle of Thor for several years, continuing his roles as a member of the Avengers and protector of Midgard. Thor is eventually freed from Eric's mind, and asks that he continue serving as God of Thunder. Tricked by the Enchantress Masterson attacks Thor, and soon after relinquishes the hammer to Thor. In gratitude for his services, Odin provides Masterson with an enchanted mace, which he uses under the alias of Thunderstrike.

Dargo Ktor

Dargo Ktor is the host of a 26th-century version of Thor, who is empowered when holding Mjolnir, a subject of worship in that century.

Female Thor

Marvel announced that in October 2014 there will be a new Thor who is female. As revealed in the aftermath of the "Original Sin" storyline, Thor lost his ability to wield Mjolnir, which was later found by an unidentified woman who obtains both the Asgardian's power and name.

And these are all from the mainstream universe, there are many more in the parallels.

I don't know who any of them are except that nasty female thor ^_^

anywho

An Atlas Will Rise

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2015, 08:35:05 PM »
I don't know who any of them are except that nasty female thor ^_^
Beta ray bill is kinda popular, he is a horse headed alien.

Eric Masterson went on to become thunderstrike.

And the others faded into obscurity because they weren't popular.

Chances are either:
A) she will be popular for awhile, then get her own name when Donal Blake comes back

B)she will be unpopular, then fade into obscurity when Donald Blake comes back

#BanAtlas

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2015, 11:28:08 PM »
Beta ray bill is kinda popular, he is a horse headed alien.

Agy: agy likes ^_^

Eric Masterson went on to become thunderstrike.

And the others faded into obscurity because they weren't popular.

Chances are either:
A) she will be popular for awhile, then get her own name when Donal Blake comes back

B)she will be unpopular, then fade into obscurity when Donald Blake comes back

Agy: hopfuly b ^_^

anywho

An Atlas Will Rise

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2015, 04:30:39 AM »
Daredevil is badass

#BanAtlas