Author Topic:  (PC) Split Screen.  (Read 136 times)

(DragonK1ller209)

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DragonK1ller209
  • Steam: dragonkiller209
(PC) Split Screen.
« on: January 03, 2018, 06:18:04 PM »
I think it would be cool to have split screen on the PC TMF with 2 controllers.
And if possible make a option for map owners to chose if they want to allow split screen players on there map.

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: (PC) Split Screen.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 06:25:02 PM »
That will be cool but Craig stated somewhere (I'm to lazy to look it up) that splitscreen wont be added because it take to much computer stuff to run it on pc......I'm sure Craig himself or other people will explain it better than this.

(DragonK1ller209)

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 01:00:31 AM »
That will be cool but Craig stated somewhere (I'm to lazy to look it up) that splitscreen wont be added because it take to much computer stuff to run it on pc......I'm sure Craig himself or other people will explain it better than this.
Yea thats understandable.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 01:50:28 AM »
That's not what I said at all lol. Practically everything I say gets passed on incorrectly, lol.

(I'm to lazy to look it up)
That's usually the reason why.

I said I'm not going to support split screen on PC because it takes too much development time. LAN parties will have to do.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 02:58:31 PM »
To add on to what Craig just said, There are various things which Craig has said would be either more difficult to program because of splitscreen (Making the Item command local to the player instead of global to all players.) Or wouldn't work as well because of splitscreen (Making a wind multiplier option for zones.)

Both of these are in my opinion more useful than splitscreen is. Especially on PC.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

(DragonK1ller209)

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 04:49:02 PM »
I said I'm not going to support split screen on PC because it takes too much development time. LAN parties will have to do.
Understandable.