Author Topic:  Best Way to Mine in Survival  (Read 265 times)

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Steam: neftygaming1
Best Way to Mine in Survival
« on: December 26, 2017, 09:23:30 PM »
Whats the best way to find ores in survival? I can only seem to find iron and such when I roam the surface. When I go caving I can't find many useful ores, and building a tradition mine like in Minecraft doesn't grant any ores. I'm on legendary so I don't use shops whatsoever so I need useful ores like Iron, Gold, Diamond. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
Miner Of The Month - April 2014

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
Re: Best Way to Mine in Survival
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 12:34:29 AM »
Whats the best way to find ores in survival? I can only seem to find iron and such when I roam the surface. When I go caving I can't find many useful ores, and building a tradition mine like in Minecraft doesn't grant any ores. I'm on legendary so I don't use shops whatsoever so I need useful ores like Iron, Gold, Diamond. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
I make a 3x3 pit all the way to bedrock and mine in the bottom few layers

KryptoniteKS

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam: RelinquishedFire
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 01:43:48 AM »
When I used to play DigDeep, I would turn my minimap on and dig downwards in a 1x1 until I got deep, then I would mine in a straight line until I saw a valuable ore on my minimap. The same applied when I would go in a cave. Valuable resources will normally be right under the caves' floors. The minimap shows in 2D but it is very helpful. To enable it, go to [Esc] > Options > Mini Map: On/Off

Wood door

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Silent beast100
  • PSN: Silentbeast100
  • Steam: 9tailedjesus
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:05:32 AM »
use of the minimap is great. I dig the traditional minecraft mineshaft. (2x2 staircase) making a small layer at each new rock level and do branch mining on the sides. that's how ive usually done it.

Forever a Naruto fanboy

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »
For those responding with enabling the Minimap, it is not available within the Legendary difficulty.
-Alionz