Author Topic: [PC] Fav Texture Pack  (Read 197 times)

VirtualHarry

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: VirtualHarrison
  • Steam: VirtualHarry
[PC] Fav Texture Pack
« on: December 23, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »
Exactly what the title asks, favorite Texture Pack you're using in TM right now.

I'm using the Christmas one right up until New Years, then switching over to 'Miners Unite' once we hit 2018. If you're using non-default ones I'd love to see an example of how it looks.  8)

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
Re: Fav Texture Pack
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »
Exactly what the title asks, favorite Texture Pack you're using in TM right now.

I'm using the Christmas one right up until New Years, then switching over to 'Miners Unite' once we hit 2018. If you're using non-default ones I'd love to see an example of how it looks.  8)

I'm more of a RuptureHD user, i like the medieval feel it brings to the map. I mostly build medieval/Rustic so it's perfect for me. If i'm not building and i'm simply playing Dig Deep/Survival i will use Original HD as it has seasons that change.

VirtualHarry

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 07:54:17 PM »
Man, I tried the HD packs but they just don't give the same 'old-fashioned' look i loved from the 360 version ya know? I love seeing the different 8-bit textures and how they've been modified, and sometimes I'll even swap back to the OG texture from time to time.

I think the 8-Bit textures have a 'feel' of their own and create a retro atmosphere that I enjoy so much  :3

Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »
I've always loved the Modern Miner pack

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

VirtualHarry

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 07:59:45 PM »

Ooh, never really experimented with this one. Definitely gives off a more diluted and natural feel which is cool  8)

Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 08:04:01 PM »

Ooh, never really experimented with this one. Definitely gives off a more diluted and natural feel which is cool  8)
It used to be all I used before multiplayer was added

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 10:25:53 PM »
Man, I tried the HD packs but they just don't give the same 'old-fashioned' look i loved from the 360 version ya know? I love seeing the different 8-bit textures and how they've been modified, and sometimes I'll even swap back to the OG texture from time to time.

I think the 8-Bit textures have a 'feel' of their own and create a retro atmosphere that I enjoy so much  :3

I can agree, sometime i go back to original just to take in all its glory.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 10:42:35 PM »
My favourite would probably be Cyberpunk because bias you cannot do any of the stuff you can do in cyberpunk in another texture pack. It was crafted with a theme in mind and it sticks to that theme.

Although I generally use Rupture for medieval, And OrigHD for modernish stuff and futuristic stuff.

To be honest though, I don't think Rupture is very good as a texture pack. It has some good textures, But most of them don't follow a central theme, And a lot of them don't mesh well with each other. The ones which do mesh work near perfectly together, But a good chunk of them are borderline unusable.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 03:12:07 AM »
Hey,

My most used TP would definitely be Rupture HD and following closely is just Original HD. They are both really nice HD TP's that add a nice touch to your world. Sometimes if I'm making a specific map e.g. a horror map (which I haven't actually ever done) then I'd use the horror TP to give my map a feeling of horror if you get me.

I also use Cyberpunk because honestly it's just so nice to play with, I love all the colours mixed together it's like some kind of stress relief thing almost an it's really satisfying.

Can't wait to see all the modded TP's in the future :)

Crab.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!