Author Topic:  book improvement  (Read 296 times)

Phantom

• Im the dark side of the forums.
    • View Profile
    • www.1worldglobes.com
    • Awards
  • Xbox: goofy grunt
book improvement
« on: December 22, 2017, 05:02:25 PM »
why would this not be a good idea?

being able to do much more with book editing such as, add pictures from your gallery including editing size to make them fit in, using fonts and color to be fancy or make creative stuff out of it, add different book colors so they look more original. thanks about all I got
Your talking to a artist

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
Re: book improvement
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 05:25:17 PM »
why would this not be a good idea?

being able to do much more with book editing such as, add pictures from your gallery including editing size to make them fit in, using fonts and color to be fancy or make creative stuff out of it, add different book colors so they look more original. thanks about all I got

I would personally love to have this in the game, having the ability to add images into books would make some things so much more easier.

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
  • Awards 1 year on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 05:29:11 PM »
You can already add images to books, but it only show the ones from the local play, so If you put your own pictures in there and another person reads it, it would be their image, I don't know why it was implemented this way but I agree with everything about this idea, we need more book options...
Craig doesn't know me.

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 05:36:19 PM »
You can already add images to books, but it only show the ones from the local play, so If you put your own pictures in there and another person reads it, it would be their image, I don't know why it was implemented this way but I agree with everything about this idea, we need more book options...

I did not even know you could put pictures in books in the first place, i thought only text was aloud.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 07:17:17 PM »

I believe that was literally just a proof of concept to show that it is possible. It doesn't show the images to other people because of how expensive it would be to network the images between players.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

KryptoniteKS

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam: RelinquishedFire
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 06:31:24 PM »
To add on to this, I would love it if we could add menus in books as well. Sort of like a carry-on server guide but with options instead of clicking through pages until we find what we need. Or for scripters, a way to turn to a page and when you swing the book, whatever script is on that page will run. Kind of like a spell book, except scripts can get lengthy for a single page, so it would have to be a proxy maybe.