Author Topic: [PC] Skryim Recreation: Quests and All  (Read 753 times)

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: WhereThatWallAt
  • Steam: WhereThatWallAt
[PC] Skryim Recreation: Quests and All
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:09:52 PM »
I would like to brain storm and work with people to recreate Skyrim in its relative entirety(omitting some parts that are deemed unnecessary, and allowing for creative freedom). I think it would be a great project to start with when the game launches, and when multiplayer hits, it could be worked on by a team from the community.

The team would be comprised of five or more divisions:

1.) The overseer team would be responsible for directing and orchestrating the other teams to makes sure everything flows
        smoothly, both figuratively and literally. The would make creative decisions, possibly based on suggestions from players
        and/or teams working on the project, as well as hold votes to determine the best course of action when there is no clear
        answer. They would delegate tasks for each team as needed (i.e. Layout and construct 'Riverwood'). For each assignment,
        they would make each team aware of what teams the project involves at the time and encourage communication between
        them.

2.) The landscape team would be responsible for moderately measuring out land formations found in Skyrim, building them in
        Total Miner, creating layouts for the buildings in the area of the active project to provide to the architecture team, and
        adding detail (such as foliage, ambient sound that matches the surroundings.

3.) The architecture team would be responsible for replicating the buildings and various structures found in Skyrim with
        appropriate dimensions, decorating inside and outside of structures, and adding man mad details. They would use the base
        buildings they created to past them into the plots laid out by the landscape team, then proceed to decorated them as
        accurately as possible within reasonable amounts of time (i.e. dont spend 5 days IRL on a carriage.)

4.) The logic team would be responsible for creating and applying both template and applied scripts and behaviors in the world.
        This includes dialogue, quest mechanics, and any features that get added that require some behind the scenes magic. They
        would also be responsible for creating particle effects for the world, ambient or otherwise. This team would work heavily
        with the lore team to provide a strong questing experience.

5.) The lore team would be dedicated to gathering data from quests, such as dialogue and rewards, as well as read through and
        record the books from Skyrim into the game. They would be expected to try every possible dialogue option. (Some
        dialogue may be left out). They would also record general events in the game as a group, and work with the logic team to
        try to recreate them. This includes absorbing souls and events such as getting called to High Hrothgar by the Greybeards.

The teams would have appointed leaders, whom would receive their tasks (such as "Build and decorate 'Riverwood'") from the overseer team. The leaders of each team would then delegate 'subtasks' to their team members. The overseers would assist with difficult tasks when requested, as well as contribute as they deem is necessary.

I am always open to suggestions on this idea, as well as offers to help on the project in any way. My hope is that this can become a community project for people to demonstrate their skills within the game, as well as showcase what Total Miner is capable of. I also hope that this project will strengthen the support for the game and bring in new players to experience the hard work of the community and the game's contributors.

If anyone is interested in helping with the project, join the team discord for further information. The discord server is still a WIP, but will soon have an information bulletin to better direct people when I'm not available.
The SkyForge Discord: https://discord.gg/aeyAZRG
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:41:18 AM by WhereThatWallAt »
I found the wall.

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Skryim Recreation: Quests and All
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »
My plan for the period just after release is to create a play-test build. Using this as a tech demo, I wish to find the direction of the project, as well as get the core gameplay functional. This will be the first build to be made public for people to play along with development. As new areas get added, the world would be expanded as a game would be expanded with an update. This will also allow for the builds to be tested (and broken), fixed(broken again), and then fixed and polished as we go. This is a much more efficient way of bug testing a map than testing the end result and will allow myself and others interested in working on the map to focus on the project at hand, rather than looking at the big picture.
I found the wall.

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:52:48 PM »
I did make a 1:1 detailed replica of Riverwood and Dragonsreach and saved them both as components. The City of Whiterun is hard to recreate just saying.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »
Are you going to try and copy the map block for block? Id so it's a tremendous task.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 09:51:37 PM »
You have some competition then. I already have riften and whiterun made to scale, as well as a few quests already scripted (besides the xyz needing to be substituted) and a dungeon pack that makes caves and deemed ruins a quick process.

May the first finished skyrim remake call dibs!!

Phantom

• Im the dark side of the forums.
    • View Profile
    • www.1worldglobes.com
    • Awards
  • Xbox: goofy grunt
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 10:00:49 PM »
crazy tater, please do solitude so you can make
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
the shivering isles secret portal
that's my favorite.
Your talking to a artist

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 11:05:30 PM »
The plan is to remake Skyrim, including the skill system and its perk trees in some form. Would love to work with you when multiplayer comes out.
I found the wall.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 10:37:11 AM »
Riverwood was kinda my specialty but the surrounding area is insanely hard to terraform perfectly. I'd have a copy running at the same time if I were you.

Gordinio

• Im not actually casual onion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GOD x DRIVE
  • Steam: Gordinio
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 11:29:47 AM »
I never really got into skyrim, im more of a fallout guy, but I look forward to see more updates and how the map turns out.
Twitter
Youtube
Discord
I'm making a map!

"Gordon, that makes me uncomfortably sweaty" - casual onion

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 11:38:36 AM »
Personally, I'm gonna be cross referencing Skyrim SE on my PS4 for the work I do. I think I may start with the core gameplay of Skyrim and make sure it's both modular and multiplayer friendly. I also would need to optimize the more intensive scripts.
I found the wall.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 11:59:17 AM »
If you can weapon levels then that would be awesome. Like have it so you can't use the greenstone gold swOrd until X level.

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 12:02:42 PM »
The idea is to mimic Skyrim's system :P
I found the wall.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
Oh yeah they didn't have weapon level locks. It was just very rare to find a good weapon. The skills (especially sneak and archery) are gonna be hard to do.

WhereThatWallAt

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »
I think I'm gonna attempt to do this with enemies being NPCs controlled by elaborate behavior trees. Anybody know if you can disable mob spawning without setting the game to peaceful? The sneak on enemies is going to be handled by check of a custom variable that will handle aggro distance and possibly a steal mechanic. Archery, I believe is already in the game. I'm debating enabling local skills to simplify the application of a leveling system, but I'm prepared to do an entire script-based overhaul of every skill involved.
I found the wall.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »
Are you putting the entire skyrim map in? you know you can barely fit Whiterun in right?