Author Topic:  Custom music  (Read 566 times)

Kinetic plasma

• TOO MANY DEATHMINES... AGHHHHHHH!
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Custom music
« on: July 03, 2017, 01:59:53 PM »
It would be cool if we could add any music we want into our maps.
Started Total Miner 8/25/11
Top score in Total Rush Robotic contest 9/8/16
4th person to unlock the Demigod 11/27/16
Expert Builder
Beginner Scripter
Challenge map builder

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site 1 year on site I AM THE LAW!
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Custom music
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 02:10:42 PM »
This would most likely be done somehow through mods, that's what I would assume. It would be good to have certain themes of music to fit certain maps. For example if you made a medieval map, you could add music from Skyrim etc.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

legohead2000

• Drowning in spaaaaaaace!
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Legohead2000
  • Steam: Dawnbreaker508
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 07:44:09 PM »
Unless you're prepped and ready to find troll maps with very questionable mp3s in the background, it probably be better to deal with what we have.
Is this the little awesome thing that people use to put lifelong quotes under their comments?

Delta Dragon

• Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Delta Dragon 22
  • Steam: Drake Vengeance
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 12:04:51 AM »
Unless you're prepped and ready to find troll maps with very questionable mp3s in the background, it probably be better to deal with what we have.

I understand that you think you're looking out for other people, but the "people might troll with this content so it shouldn't be added" post is a terrible arguement. That logic could be applied to anything and, honestly, if people wanted to make stupid troll maps, the lack of custom music sure hasn't stopped them. It's simply the (small) risk you take whenever heading into multiplayer in these kind of games.

* A constructive post would be: "I think players might be able to troll with said content, how about adding an option to turn off custom music?"

I apologize if I came off sounding like a jerk. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
First to unlock Golden Knight. Owner of Robotic and Demi God/Goddess.

legohead2000

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 02:20:28 AM »

I understand that you think you're looking out for other people, but the "people might troll with this content so it shouldn't be added" post is a terrible arguement. That logic could be applied to anything and, honestly, if people wanted to make stupid troll maps, the lack of custom music sure hasn't stopped them. It's simply the (small) risk you take whenever heading into multiplayer in these kind of games.

* A constructive post would be: "I think players might be able to troll with said content, how about adding an option to turn off custom music?"

I apologize if I came off sounding like a jerk. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

It's cool m8, but I'm literally using the same point that was used in response to custom avatars. They haven't been implemented yet due to the fear of people creating things I'm not sure I can even mention here.
Now for that turning off custom music post, I'm not sure if that could been done, but we'd have to see.
Is this the little awesome thing that people use to put lifelong quotes under their comments?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 02:24:06 AM »
It's cool m8, but I'm literally using the same point that was used in response to custom avatars. They haven't been implemented yet due to the fear of people creating things I'm not sure I can even mention here.
Absolutely not. They haven't been implemented yet because I haven't had the time.

legohead2000

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 03:46:45 AM »
Absolutely not. They haven't been implemented yet because I haven't had the time.
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=3887.msg49352#msg49352
Maybe not a statement from you specifically, but from testers and high-tier members, or people I thought were a solid extension of what you thought was acceptable or not in my 13yo mind.
I apologize for stating that as fact, I am a foolish child even now, and here I was shaking my head at the last person you said similar things to.