Author Topic:  Pong in TM  (Read 1286 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: Pong in TM
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 07:48:54 AM »
If I were to guess how this works, I bet there is a hidden physical pong somewhere, And that is how the game does its checks based on that. The HUDbars are just a graphical interface.
Nope 8)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 07:55:15 AM »
Nope 8)
probably has a swing event for an item for movements for collision i have no idea ill stew on it.

#

• I don't do much here.
  • Awards Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: HellomeZodoz
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 01:10:30 PM »
Nope 8)

Nope, if I understand what he's saying, then he's correct. The pong ball is created and ran physically so I can activate the HUD grid beneath. Unless I'm mistaken and I made a lot of pointless scripts ( O_O) , or this was the only way of doing it so I could visually troubleshoot any issues I could have as well as allow the ball to know how to correctly bounce off a surface. I didn't want to create preassigned animations, so I designed it with pseudo-physics so the game could last indefinitely and the ball can start any direction and be placed anywhere. I also found a bug when trying to arrange the different HUDs to call upon, but haven't tested it enough to give enough details to warrant a full post.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:43:25 PM by Hashtag »

Brother Hood

• futrue army
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »
very well done I just wonder how you do these stuff anyway I love it.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 04:01:15 PM »
Can I just ask, How do you get the HUD bars positioned so perfectly? Is it a lot of trial and error, Or do you actually know where certain positions on the screen are?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 04:07:58 PM »
Can I just ask, How do you get the HUD bars positioned so perfectly? Is it a lot of trial and error, Or do you actually know where certain positions on the screen are?
I wish there was an "Toggle HUD grid: on\off" option

Jason✪

• I enjoy most forms of work
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: EpIc x MiNeR Z
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »
this is pretty good, nice job :D
:D

#

• I don't do much here.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 04:17:23 PM »

Starting from the HUD Coordinate 10,10, I went with intervals of 30. Every block in the physical pong HUD grid was represented by a 30 x 30 square/ball. The paddles were rendered separately and I believe they were 120 x 30 HUDs. The only trial and error really was that bug I was talking about. In short, after around 640 in the x and 340 in the y, I have to add 284 (or something like that) to every next interval. I doubt that makes sense, but I'll make an actual bug report that is better explained when I can get on TM :P

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 06:16:56 PM »
Nope, if I understand what he's saying, then he's correct.
I misunderstood what he meant. I thought he meant there was a hidden pong mechanic built into the game ::)

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »
I misunderstood what he meant. I thought he meant there was a hidden pong mechanic built into the game ::)
Hmm.. game? It wasn't long since you added Rush though...
-Alionz

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 07:52:54 PM »

Can I just say, Fail! XD

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

#

• I don't do much here.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 10:26:52 PM »
For those who still want an explanation, here's a video. I explained the details pretty poorly, but should be okay enough give the an idea :P.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

If you're still confused on something, or I left out something and didn't explain it at all, just ask and I'll try my best to explain it.