Author Topic:  New groups and personal clan pages  (Read 2056 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New groups and personal clan pages
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:46:28 PM »
If you look at your navigation bar you've probably noticed a new option called groups. This is basically just what you'd think, a little area for more easily putting common interest groups together and sharing content between that group. So those who have been asking for personal clan pages, there you go, have a blast. I've also added  a subsection for screenshots, as the format lends itself pretty well to gathering a members screenshots in one neat little package.

Tom will be taking the role of groups manager, and he has written a guide that he will be posting here explaining how to use the features. So if you're needing assistance with things in the groups, that's your guy.

Some additional notes: Just because these groups are membership based, does not mean you are free from the forum rules in them. They follow the exact same rules as the rest of the forums. Make note of this as Tom shall swing a mighty banhammer

The groups are for Total Miner related things. If you're looking for a page for your Call of Duty clan, I'd suggest going to google and searching it, because you're on the wrong website. Same goes for the screenshot gallery.

There will be a few changes regarding the normal clan section of the forums, but nothing major, it isn't going away.

Anyhow, that's about it. On with the show.

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners 3 years on site+600 posts I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New groups and personal clan pages
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:48:03 PM »
Welcome to social groups

Social groups are for clan groups and screenshot galleries. To access social groups click the group tab at the top of the page.

Clan groups

Clan groups are for clan communications as requested by forum members. Groups will appear in the group section under the 4 categories: My groups, Random groups, Recent groups and Most popular groups.

Features of Clan groups

- Clan information: general information and group statistics

- Members: view a list of the clan group members.

- Comments: Comments work identical to that of Profile comments.

- Files: Files are where you can share images and files among the group. Provided you allowed them when creating the group.

- Threads: These are for discussing anything relevant to your clan. These work identically to Threads in sub forums located on the rest of the forum.

-Events: This will be for arranging clan activities.

Creating a clan group

Creating a clan group for your clan is easy. Click the add group button and fill in the required fields.

- Name : This will be what you choose to call you clan group

- Description : Spare no detail here, this will tell new members what your clan is about.

- Category : This will already be preselected as Clan group unless you want to make a screen shot gallery.

- Type : This is for controlling members admission. Public will allow any forum member to join. Requestable will require approval for a member to join.

- Group Image: A image that will represent your clan. It can be uploaded or an image URL can be given. The photos have a 500kb file size limit. The group logos have a 64x64 px limit.

-  Allow upload of files (preselected): this allows members to upload files and images to the clan group.

- Users must join to see content: This controls whether your clan group can be viewed by non-members or not.

Once you have created a group you can modify the topic at anytime by clicking modify when on your clan group. You will also have the extra option of assigning a new manager for the clan if need be.

You can also leave the group or deleted it (clan group manager only) at anytime.

Screen shot galleries

These work identical to clan groups with features been the same, but the users purpose will differ.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:21:58 PM by Tom »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:54:55 PM »
Mind if i make a quick group just to test it out, then delete it after ::)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners 3 years on site+600 posts I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »
Mind if i make a quick group just to test it out, then delete it after ::)

Yeah sure but don't make habit of it.

(smacks you)

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 06:59:59 PM »

Yeah sure but don't make habit of it.
I won't. Just wanna try it out ;)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 07:06:11 PM »
Do the groups need to be verified by you before they are posted? also i could literally not put any pictures from my pc as a banner as it says it is over 0.1kb but URL's work

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 07:09:02 PM »
If I'm correct you can make the group yourself. As to the pictures I think there may be a pixel limit I will check with bob.

(smacks you)

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 07:11:53 PM »
If I'm correct you can make the group yourself. As to the pictures I think there may be a pixel limit I will check with bob.
when i tried to make one it said it had been submitted, but it was not posted also i think the pictures where to big like you said as they where ment for desktop backgrounds. I didn't have any other pictures :P

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »
when i tried to make one it said it had been submitted, but it was not posted also i think the pictures where to big like you said as they where ment for desktop backgrounds. I didn't have any other pictures :P
The photos have a 500kb file size limit. The group logos have a 64x64 px limit.

Please bear with us, whilst we get the feature sorted and working correctly.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:23:30 PM by Tom »

(smacks you)

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
The photos have a 500kb file size limit. The group logos have a 64x64 px limit.
ok, i'm guessing it is either unfinished or has a small bug at the moment with the "exceeds 0.1kb" message

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 07:27:35 PM »
Hopefully you should see you clan group in the group section now with the banner.

(smacks you)

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 07:29:25 PM »
Hopefully you should see you clan group in the group section now with the banner.
Yup i see. Looks good, I like the way it all works. Feel free to delete it now good kind sir :)

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 12:23:57 AM »
So from what I've seen so far of making a group, there have been a few bugs.
(I'm not too sure if I am allowed to post what issues I've had in this section, feel free to move or delete this post if it's in the wrong place.)

For one, on my group member list, it seems profile pictures are a bit whack. To be specific, there is no real layout for the member list, and my picture requires you to scroll left and right to view it entirely.

Secondly, I am still having problems with being able to manage my group. So far, I can edit the main description and modify the group's info, but cannot accept any requests to join the group. Whenever I try to get to the area to accept requests, I get this screen.

Anywho, those are just some things I wanted to mention. Besides that, this area of the forum looks to be promising for clans and groups!

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 12:29:15 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
So from what I've seen so far of making a group, there have been a few bugs.
(I'm not too sure if I am allowed to post what issues I've had in this section, feel free to move or delete this post if it's in the wrong place.)

For one, on my group member list, it seems profile pictures are a bit whack. To be specific, there is no real layout for the member list, and my picture requires you to scroll left and right to view it entirely.

Secondly, I am still having problems with being able to manage my group. So far, I can edit the main description and modify the group's info, but cannot accept any requests to join the group. Whenever I try to get to the area to accept requests, I get this screen.

Anywho, those are just some things I wanted to mention. Besides that, this area of the forum looks to be promising for clans and groups!

Working on the group management thing. Not really sure why it's doing that now as I've been messing with it all week and it's worked just fine every time. In the meantime just give Tom, Fergie, or myself a holler if you need a member approved and nobody has noticed yet

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 12:59:51 AM »
Working on the group management thing. Not really sure why it's doing that now as I've been messing with it all week and it's worked just fine every time. In the meantime just give Tom, Fergie, or myself a holler if you need a member approved and nobody has noticed yet

Don't suppose you could turn off the profile pictures in the members list for the time being could you? It'd be nice if it were more organized. Or have it set up with the same layout as the buddies page on people's profiles?