Author Topic:  Grubby, A Dig Deep Map  (Read 29485 times)

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
Grubby, A Dig Deep Map
« on: June 13, 2014, 03:39:31 AM »
Grubby
     Grubby is a Dig Deep map that I have been working off and on since 2.0 was released. This map is my most successful Dig Deep map and the map that I have put the most work in since I first bought this game. My ultimate goal for this little project of mine is to have a continuing and updating lore that changes as work continues. The surface, and three major underground sections are all planned to be worked on and artificialized. I tend to keep up to date with what I have done on this map, but of course, there are times where I will be slow with updates, mainly due to secret stuff that ties with other projects!

If anyone cares to have the map seed, it is 1950586353

My Statistics:
Distance Walked  2 134 315
Distance Flown       141 298
Blocks Cleared        372 965
Blocks Placed       1 002 089
Total Play Time              599.7 Hours

Grubby has had it's fair share of people who have contributed to the completion of the map. My apologies to those I have forgotten. If you believe I have left you out, feel free to reply to this topic or just send me a PM.

Thank you to those who helped. Even in the smallest ways!
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
  • Atlas
  • Sinless
  • Jack of Shades
  • Wabbit
  • Rucking Fetard
  • JD Dragon 7 (The seven is silent)
  • Greg
  • Nexy
  • Swifty
  • McNewmen
  • PWRBTTN

Grubby Lore - The Powerhouse Interviews   
Spoiler for Curious Inc.:
Curious Inc.
===================================================================

History Of The Company
A wise old man by the name, Nobodies was a travelling merchant. He sold his goods within various regions. He soon reached a land known by the name of 'Phespherone' and set up shop. Nobodies sold curious little relics and oddities. He coined the original name of the company, Curiosity Inc. due to his curious wares.

Following the birth of his son, Nobodies mysteriously disappeared from Phespherone. No one remembered him, and to this day, many skeptics believe that no such man truly existed. Trubstep Industries' owner at the time, Trubtavium Recordsmith III took this disappearance as an opening for expansion and hostile takeovers. Recordsmith III had all workers of Curiosity Inc. rounded up and killed. Recordsmith III insured his control over Phespherone by having Nobodies' wife eliminated.

Nobodies' son was taken away in the dead of night to an ancient land known as Wevernia, the birthplace of Nobodies. Nobodies' son took advantage of this fresh start and continued his father's legacy. He went on to develop the lands of Wevernia into something far greater than it's inhabitants had ever seen.

Decades of glory and success passed, and soon, Mr. Rabbit was born. However, the years of stress and pressure was too much for Mr. Rabbit's father. He passed away an old, successful businessman. Leaving his business to Mr. Rabbit left Mr. Rabbit stuck with a difficult decision. Seeing as he didn't share the same ideas and dreams of a perfect land as his father, Mr. Rabbit began wandering. Years of repeating his grandfather's travelling sales tactics passed, and Mr. Rabbit became a successful businessman like his father and grandfather before him.

Mr. Rabbit's travels soon lead him to Grubby. With a large sum of money, and a taste for revenge, Mr. Rabbit decided to settle down in this city and begin a corporate empire of his own. Today, Mr. Rabbit leads a company known as Curious Inc., in honour of his grandfather's company and beliefs. Their headquarters rests in the heart of Grubby's downtown district, resting with the skyscggggggggggggrapers.

Important People/Partnerships & Company Relations

Important People:
  • Nobodies56 - Founder of Curiosity Inc. (Presumed Dead)
  • Mr. Blue - Founder of New Curiosity Inc. (Deceased)
  • Mr. Rabbit - Founder and Current CEO of Curious Inc.

Partnerships and Company Relations:
  • Trubstep Industries
    Owner: Trubtavium Recordsmith VI

Although no legal documents are known of, Trubstep Industries and Curious Inc. have had various rivalries and relations throughout their generations.

Q&A With Curious Inc.

Q: What's your opinion on the Grubby/S.L.U.M.S realtions?
A: I currently see the relation between the S.C.U.M- I mean the S.L.U.M.S and Grubby as a waste of resources and city development. Although, this whole business has opened up so much more potential for further opportunities within Grubby for a businessman like myself.

Q: What is your Ultimate Goal for your company with Grubby?
A: The Ultimate Goal for C.I.? Must be similar to the other companies... As in becoming the puppet master and controlling the strings of this city. If that becomes too much of a workload, then my backup goal is to sit back and watch this town destroy itself.

Q: What are your MAIN contributions to Grubby?
A:That shoddy printing plant for my newspaper. After development of the HQ is complete, then I feel like it'll be time to open a bar.

Q: What is Curious Inc.'s Opinion on the other leaders & companies?
A:Trubstep Industries and their previous/current owner(s) are the only people I have spoken with. That being said, I cannot give you an opinion on the other leaders at this time.

Q:Are there any major actions that occurred on Grubby resulting from your actions?
A:No... None. What kind of question is this anyways? I think we're done here.

Signed,
CEO of Curious Inc.,
Mr. Rabbit
Spoiler for Phoenix Corp.:
Phoenix Corp.

Company Goal(s)/Mission Objective:

• Subterranean Digging/Mining. Materials: Coal, Carbon, Iron, and Titanium.
  • Refining metals.
  • Pharmaceuticals/currency & banking.

Outside Goals from Grubby:

Currently, Phoenix Corporation and it's employees as well as executives and CEO, are currently working on their city plans. Plans, and finished work, have and are commencing at a rapid pace. Buildings are being erected, businesses opening, terrain reconstruction, and various other projects are in motion. The board has seen fit to bestow it's portfolio of information, and basic goals on it's uses and business, to it's business partners. Phoenix Corporation is willing to use any of it's assets to further support Grubby and it's business partners.

History Of The Company

Phoenix Corporation, as well as it's subsidiaries, were formed during the Medieval Ages somewhere in Ireland. The company was family owned for many generations, being handed down to each first born son. It started as a loan company for the land rulers and kings, dabbling in alchemical formulas as well. They also did commercial builds, as well as royal construction projects, and any war-time weapons dealing. They also started their subterranean mining and digging operations sometime after the Black Plague. It did not take Phoenix Corporation long to become a powerhouse in European affairs.

As the years grew on, Phoenix Corporation changed hands for a time. Going to outside members when a properly appointed family member was not to be found. For a time the company BRIEFLY belonged to the infamous Borgia family, but was quickly re-claimed after their fall. For many years they used their money and power to build their empire across the world. It took many years and many partnerships to fully spread their corporation to each country, and each continent. They used powerhouse tactics and dominated any ruler (by buying out or supposedly "assassinating" them) so they would not be questioned or bothered about their business.

With this new power came some issues, and for a while those issues were simply solved with brides. But sometimes, they needed to dispense their own form of justice and punishment. However, most of those files and tomes/ledgers about their past are classified, or simply rumors. They continued to create medicine for the people, mining and digging operations, weapons trading (by way of using their own ore to make weapons and cut out the middle man), and were very successful in banking and loans. So successful, they bailed countries out fo debt with other nations ready to take them to war. Essentially, "owning" that nation, to some degree.

Up until the 1900's the Phoenix Corporation never changed it's business dealings. Only after being caught shipping weapons/guns to other countries to use for their own wars, did they see an issue with the United Nations. Phoenix Corporation had it's longest battle with the Supreme Court of the United States, as well as sanctions against the UN during those years. Their stocks plummeted, but they were not public so stock crashes were of no consequence to this old dynasty. This was also not publicly made available to anyone, these files are locked away (and presumably destroyed as well). They were also nearly charged and investigated by CDC for alleged Biological Weapons creation and Human testing with new DNA and human cell research.

But today, Phoenix Corporation simply does commercial Mining and Digging of it's own lands and property. Major Medical Pharmaceutical research, and still has prominent banks in nearly every country on the planet. Phoenix Corporation has had some ups and downs, but always came back to "Rise from the ashes." With each defeat comes a great amount of success, and with each success came a larger piece of the pie. The history of Phoenix Corporation is vast as it is rich with history and intrigue. This historical document is property of Phoenix Corporations and has been edited for public viewing purposes.

As of right now, Phoenix Corporation has only one important person and that is the CEO and head of the corporation: Jack Of Shades

• Trubstep Industries

This is the only legally and socially aligned company Phoenix Corporation has at the moment.

Q&A With Phoenix Corporation

A: Phoenix Corporation, ever since it's arrival into Grubby, has supported Trubstep Industries 100% against the S.L.U.M.S. It will continue to do so until no further action is required.

A: To further strengthen it's relations with Trubstep Industries (and it's partner companies), as well as bring more life and industry to Grubby and it's people.

Q: What are your MAIN contributions to Grubby?
A:Currently, Phoenix Corporation has helped with a few Terrain Re-construction projects, both above ground and below. Building of the Phoenix Tower was a major success as well.

Q: What is Phoenix Corporations Opinion on the other leaders & companies?
A:Phoenix Corporation has not publicly, or privately, had any dealings with them. They are of neutral opinion until further actions/meetings take place.

Q:Are there any major actions that occurred on Grubby resulting from your actions?
A:Publicly, not so much. Privately, you shall all see what's to come in the future. That's enough questions for now.

Signed,
CEO and Sole Owner of all stocks,
Jack of Shades
Spoiler for The Monarchs:
The Monarchs

History In Grubby
The Monarchs have been a strong and prosperous corporation for nearly a thousand years. They have always been a "Community" based corporation, and always have fought for the people, opposed to maintaining power. I could go into an in-depth history as to how they came about as a corporation, but what matters as of now is their stay in Grubby.
      As the Monarchs started out in Grubby, their leader, Jetiah Innerson - known as Jet - was new to the role as a leader. He did not quite understand the concept of equality and Justice. In his early years, and his initial rise to power in Grubby, he tried to take conquer in Grubby, an attempt to overthrow the general leadership. for this act, the reigning ruler, Trubtavium Recordsmith VI exiled him to the S.L.U.M.S.. In Jet's stay in the S.L.U.M.S. he learned a lot about justice, respect, equality, and leadership. He had to once again, work for what he needed, and it was rough beyond the wall. As he gained trust of those who were also exiled, he learned how to be a proper leader. Jetiah spent ten long years beyond the wall, and most recently, due to his rise to power, and gain of a disproportionate wealth beyond the wall, the Leader Trubtavium allowed his return to the inner wall - the first event of its kind. Jetiahs return to Paradise was an astounding event, but the people were skeptic. This was the man who had nearly toppled the power in Grubby. As weeks went by, Jet showed that he was a changed man, he helped the leader with landscaping projects, and provided the community with a moral boost. He talked of a new world, or city at least, that based its morals on justice and equality. He told stories of the outer wall, and let the inner public know that they too have the right to re-enter paradise. He gained the backing of the public of Grubby, and created his "base of Operations" on the water front of Grubby.
Today Jetiah provides the townspeople with many materials, and his corporate estate is constructing a housing project for those with homes. Jet has not yet formed proper relations with the other powerhouses in Grubby, but he plans to try to win them over with his ideals.

Currently, the only Important person of The Monarchs is Jetiah Innerson.

• Trubstep Industries
  • Phoenix Corp.
    Owner: Jack Of Shades

Jet respects Trubtavium Recordsmith VI, but his ideals towards the S.L.U.M.S. have skewed any proper relations between the two companies.
There is a tentative Alliance with Phoenix Corp. but nothing is confirmed.

Q&A With The Monarchs

A: As I was sent out into the S.L.U.M.S, i grew close with those beyond the wall. I feel that they should be given a chance to rejoin society as I did. There should be some form of equality of those in the inner wall, and those outside of it. Those governed by the laws of Grubby should not face exile went it's leader has an issue with them. I will rally the people of Grubby to have free relations with those from the S.L.U.M.S.

A: My Ultimate goal is for the people to have power in Grubby. I am the people's voice in Grubby, I represent the public, and will fight for them. I will use all resources at hand to ensure that they have a voice in Grubby.

Q: What are your main contributions to Grubby?
A:The Monarchs are arguably the sole suppliers of all blocks in Grubby. We can provide the general public with the any materials that they need; ranging from wood, to coal, to titanium, to the ever rare cloud blocks. Of course, the Monarchs share supply with the other corporations and do not take from their sales in Grubby.
The Monarchs have also helped the leader of Grubby with landscaping work since their leader Jets return to power in Grubby.

Q: What is The Monarchs' Opinion on the other leaders & companies?
A:The Monarchs have not been given the opportunity to meet with the other leaders besides Trubtavium Recordsmith VI. We stand on neutral beliefs until contact is made.

Signed,
Jetiah Innerson

An excellent recording of Grubby. Made by ours truly, Drew!

Grubby was featured in an episode of Total Miner World Jumping by Mysterio!

Here are some screenshots by that one Canadian, Rucking Fetard!
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:53:17 PM by Trubtavium Recordsmith VI »

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
Re: "Grubby"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:14:53 AM »
One thing I know about this map, you can walk around the cold empty streets however you will always catch a glimpse of a dark figure crouching in the distance... watching everything you do.

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 04:18:51 AM »
One thing I know about this map, you can walk around the cold empty streets however you will always catch a glimpse of a dark figure crouching in the distance... watching everything you do.

Oh thank God. I thought I was going crazy thinking I was the only one seeing it...

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:32:00 AM »
Dang it y'all can see me? I should have known better than to buy that invisibility potion from Trub!
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 05:14:40 AM »
The Morning Wood Corporation has a cozy little profit. And it does so without competing with trubstep industries or curious INC

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:22:46 AM »
The Morning Wood Corporation has a cozy little profit. And it does so without competing with trubstep industries or curious INC

And it will remain that way for good ._.

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 06:12:07 AM »
Give it a few generations and I bet The Morning Wood Corperation will create a big boom in the market and their stocks will increase by 600% putting CEO Atlas at the top spot and becoming competition...

I guess that will happen xD

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Jack Of Shades

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 10:00:46 AM »
Give it a few generations and I bet The Morning Wood Corperation will create a big boom in the market and their stocks will increase by 600% putting CEO Atlas at the top spot and becoming competition...

I guess that will happen xD

You Corporate Stock Analyst you. ;D

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 10:21:20 AM »
I should have known better than to buy that invisibility potion from Trub!

What I have come to expect from Trubstep Industries: inferior-quality goods, high prices, and sweatshops everywhere.

I get my bombs from another source. Trub's bombs don't work 10% of the time.
You make me smile!

Jack Of Shades

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »
What I have come to expect from Trubstep Industries: inferior-quality goods, high prices, and sweatshops everywhere.

I get my bombs from another source. Trub's bombs don't work 10% of the time.
I'll remember this. :)

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 11:13:30 AM »
The slums may be an excellent location for the 'McNewmen Corporate of Miners' where we make the best Low-Fat Cookie a human can eat.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Jack Of Shades

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 11:31:17 AM »
The slums may be an excellent location for the 'McNewmen Corporate of Miners' where we make the best Low-Fat Cookie a human can eat.

-invest all the money into this idea- Do it, Jeff.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 01:17:31 PM »
My company supplies wood and money to the building of the city, as well as landscaping, tunnel digging, and cross burning to help expand the map

#BanAtlas

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »
My company supplies wood and money to the building of the city, as well as landscaping, tunnel digging, and cross burning to help expand the map
Fine feeds workers with the delicious taste of Low-Fat Cookies.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 02:08:32 PM »
Fine feeds workers with the delicious taste of Low-Fat Cookies.
we already have enough furnaces to cook a small African village. And enough tomatoes to fight your cookies with pizza

#BanAtlas