Author Topic:  Brokenshadow (Medieval RPG)  (Read 1418 times)

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: IEnter the void
Brokenshadow (Medieval RPG)
« on: May 03, 2014, 08:17:26 PM »
Welcome everyone, To Brokenshadow.

I am IEnter The Void, formerly known as Jakben Imbel592.
This is a world I started way back in 1.6 - 1.7 era that I abandoned right before 1.8, then finally came back to it at 2.0 and I've been working on it daily since then to see all the things I could possibly make better in it.

Backround info

Back in 1.7 I started up this map with a couple friends (one other mainly) and we compiled all kinds of things into it.
It was simple and plain. Bunch of huge walls, barely any design, had a huge arena, horrible overused spawn, the works.
I came back to see how amazing TM had gotten in 2.0 so I carried over my big important stuff from the old map, to start a new one.

I decided to build Brokenshadow in it's entirety again from scratch because I honestly love building medieval RPG's. I find it extremely fun and it always brings joy to me to see maps like this. So I thought I would build something that might just bring that same joy to other players as well!

The plot behind it, and the features it includes

Brokenshadow is run by three rulers, the ruler of nature, the ruler of industry, and the ruler of war.

They all have combined to form a council to rule over the nation.

This map features quite a few things, even some for keeping people entertained if they tire of exploring.
There is so much to see, without going into large amounts of detail and spoiling surprises, I'll mention the large ornate castle on the small hill, the town square, the shops, The grand and very tall standing cathedral. And everyone's favorite, the large arena I've named "The Oculus" which you'll soon seen why it's named that.

I encourage everyone to come see it. and don't worry, I'm no where near done with this world. Join back whenever you can to see what else has been done! (There's a book in the spawn which keeps track of new additions)

And with a very large thank you, to the one and only Jeff McNewman, I present you, screenshots of the world!
Pictures:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Updates will be posted in the thread below (:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:10:27 PM by Enter The Void »
Medieval, Fantasy, Horror map & Quest Builder. I build what I like then I'll build it once more!

Former owner of Demigods and golden knight. (Gamertag change)

Been on TM since multiplayer came out

SwiftGeneration

• Elite Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SwiftGeneration
Re: Brokenshadow (Medieval RPG)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:42:17 AM »
This is a very nice medieval map!! Its only a small village but just the feel to it is amazing and hes also spent his own time writing  out books round the map that doesnt mean anything but that detail to a story is great!! :)

Great work Jakben proud to have you in TeamForge ;)
Old Member Of Team Craft
Old Member Of Builders Unit
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twitter = SabreSwiftYT
Youtube =
Skype = Swift Generation

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 11:04:41 AM »
This is a very nice medieval map!! Its only a small village but just the feel to it is amazing and hes also spent his own time writing  out books round the map that doesnt mean anything but that detail to a story is great!! :)

basically what swifty said! really nice to find books with no purposes other than to explain it has no purpose, just adds to the feel and is awesome! Great Work! :D

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 12:02:58 AM »

basically what swifty said! really nice to find books with no purposes other than to explain it has no purpose, just adds to the feel and is awesome! Great Work! :D

Hey guys! Thank you so very much! I've added quite a few things since you've joined, I've even started on another town in the distance! Kinda been procrastinating on it all lately but I've tried my best to make everything feel as nice as possible!
Medieval, Fantasy, Horror map & Quest Builder. I build what I like then I'll build it once more!

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:29:07 AM »
Gonna hop on the bandwagon and tell you all that this is an awesome map! When I was on, there wasn't much done with it, but it looked like it will become much better than it already is!

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 12:33:31 AM »
Gonna hop on the bandwagon and tell you all that this is an awesome map! When I was on, there wasn't much done with it, but it looked like it will become much better than it already is!

Thanks dude! I've been trying pretty hard on making it look as good as i can, I think since you've joined I've added a ton more, I basically put more minor details around the starting town to give it a decent atmospheric feel to it, lately I've been working on minor stuff because I procrastinate and get bored wayy too much with this map. Hahha.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »
In my personal and well developed opinion this has to be one of my favorite and most anticipated RPG map to date. The amount of hard work this player fabricated is beyond what I could ever think of. His castle is very detailed, designed, full of character and theme, and even has a sweet hangout spot on both sides of the castle.

His church has to be my favorite feature about the map. The design and development towards the church makes me wonder and scream towards the development team on why this guy hasn't received the demi's. This wonderful and unique church should be on the 2.0 screen shots in my opinion.

Another very awesome aspect in this map is the conversations between the NPC's. They relate and have an overview of upcoming and funny and secret hints towards the map. Stories are another thing I find interesting in this map because the stories make sense and are very well thought of.

To sum up this map is worth taking a look at. The amount of work Jak has put into this map deserves positive and respectful feedback every time a player joins and leaves. Very well done and can't wait to see more additions and builds on that map and in the future XD

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »
In my personal and well developed opinion this has to be one of my favorite and most anticipated RPG map to date. The amount of hard work this player fabricated is beyond what I could ever think of. His castle is very detailed, designed, full of character and theme, and even has a sweet hangout spot on both sides of the castle.

His church has to be my favorite feature about the map. The design and development towards the church makes me wonder and scream towards the development team on why this guy hasn't received the demi's. This wonderful and unique church should be on the 2.0 screen shots in my opinion.

Another very awesome aspect in this map is the conversations between the NPC's. They relate and have an overview of upcoming and funny and secret hints towards the map. Stories are another thing I find interesting in this map because the stories make sense and are very well thought of.

To sum up this map is worth taking a look at. The amount of work Jak has put into this map deserves positive and respectful feedback every time a player joins and leaves. Very well done and can't wait to see more additions and builds on that map and in the future XD

This has to be the single best thing I've read/received in a long time! Thank you so much Jeff, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
Some of the minor stuff isn't fully done yet, but I work on this map daily to try and make it as best looking as I possibly can. I promise the next time you join it'll be better than it was!

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
Edit/update on my progress:

Craig joined and placed down Zues on May 9th for me. Its truly an honor and I'm grateful. I'm very glad that my world has gotten good enough to impress people this much! There is still far more to come, I'm nearly done with the first "Mini-quest" which will start in the cathedral.

As for other things I'm working on a lot of minor improvements/decorations in the main town.

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 01:28:49 AM »
Update:
I added pictures of the world to this post at the very bottom.
My progress on the world has decent. I added a lot of details around the main town, including on the insides of buildings.
 Now there's three more buildings aswell. A bakery (thanks to Swift for his help!) a doctors office, and a small warehouse type building.
I've also fixed up my paintings. I added a brand new and much improved icon to my blacksmith shop, and the doctors office. Currently I'm working on more paintings and houses.

Should be more buildings and things added to the main town within the week!

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
Another update. hurray!

I got into terraforming recently. Specifically mountains. Now most of the areas won't be so "plain" and boring. Might add some secrets or other special things in them.

Besides the mountains, I added a few more buildings too. Coming along quite nicely I say.

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 04:23:00 AM »
Another update. hurray!

I got into terraforming recently. Specifically mountains. Now most of the areas won't be so "plain" and boring. Might add some secrets or other special things in them.

Besides the mountains, I added a few more buildings too. Coming along quite nicely I say.
I would love to come see your progress :)

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 02:02:07 PM »
I would love to come see your progress :)

I would love you to come see it too! It's been forever since you've joined, I think you'll like it! I might host sometime today. Probably soonish.

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 09:21:35 PM »
Major update on the world!!

I update this post far too much with small things so I decided I'd share something quite big that I've been doing as a project.

I've stopped hosting Brokenshadow online the past couple days because a few things weren't working right, and I wanted to add as much as I possibly could so the next time people joined it would be well worth it. And this time it will be.

I'm currently in the process of making a very large thing I'm going to implement into my map very soon. If you've paid enough attention to my post and my world in what I said was coming in the future, you'll know exactly what this is.

I want to at least get a few large things done first so I'll have something very well worth it to present. I may host a bit this week to take a break but within the next week or so, there will be an improvement for sure.

Why am I being secretive about this? I have no idea either. Hypes people up for something special I suppose. ;)

Enter The Void

• It is I, Macho Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 06:39:02 AM »
Brokenshadow's Return!

Ah, hello Total Miner. I remember you! I've returned, but under a new gamertag, to those who knew me as "Jakben Imbel592" I'm now "IEnter The Void" thought I'd clear that quick thing up.

I've been working on Brokenshadow since I miss it, and still feel like I've not done enough to it. So much open space. Adding more little stuff around which I love, like in the industry area. I'm also gonna be opening up the world a bit more during the daytime (PST) anyone who wants to come see is welcome too (: