Author Topic:  Impossible Quiz  (Read 4677 times)

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
Impossible Quiz
« on: April 24, 2014, 07:31:24 PM »
Introduction
Hello forum members of all ages and alien races. My name is Jeff and I am going to take a few minutes of your time and explain step by step about my newest map called Impossible Quiz. This map is basically a recreation of the one you can play on the PC, but with tons of twist and knowledge. This has sort of been a secret for a while and I was planning to do one of these on my last challenge map 'Corridors', but it didn't happen due to consent interruptions with the map and real life. As most of you know who were fans of 'Corridors, it has recently been set to rest, so now I have the ability and time to make this map. Before I do go any further with the Impossible Quiz map and the surrounding details, information towards it, etc... I have been getting a few messages that I would like to answer right here about this upcoming map.

Why are you making a map that is based on Trivia?
  The reason I am making a map based on trivia is because on every challenge map I have ever hosted the main challenge or minigame players seem to like the most is the trivia. On every map I have ever hosted the trivia challenges always to seem to be a fan favorite. That's one reason of why I'm making a map based on trivia. The other reason is a memorial and blessing to my other map because I let a lot of people down not making the Impossible Quiz for them when I promised it for weeks.

What exactly is the Impossible Quiz?
  The Impossible quiz is a game on the pc that requires you have to answer various questions. However, they are never straightforward. Sometimes the questions are literal, a pun of some sorts or just generally off-beat. Some of the answer are rather clever then puerile. Popular youtube channels like PewDiePie, Markiplier, Smosh Games, and TobyGames have played this game. The rage part of this game is when you mess up a certain amount of times then you have to start all over back at the beginning with 0 checkpoints.

Are you going to create unique scripts for this map?
  Yes, but let's just say I am going to create unique ways of answering them. Not all questions will have scripts incorporated into them though.

How many questions will be in your Impossible Quiz?
  Ah now that will remain a secret for special reasons. I will tell you it's more then what you think and less of what you expect.

Are you making this map by yourself?
  About 85% of the map will be completely fabricated by myself, but I will be in need of some very talented helpers in the mid future. I'm going to need helpers who are very good with designing and helpers who are very good with scripts. So if you're interested then send me a pm of which helper you would like to try and be. I'm looking for 2 helpers on each so keep that in mind if you're not chosen.

The Four Sections
 Something that is becoming more common in maps now-a-days is map fragments or map sections. Maps are becoming more organized and organization is a huge key to a very successful map. So it's no different here in this map. In this map we have three very organized and well qualified sections.

Information Section
 The Information Section includes a total of Five summarized and straight to the point pieces of information that concludes and explains what you can expect to see in this section once completed. Also at the end of each summary it will indicate if it's still a W.I.P. or if it's available for the community to see and witness.

Goals: 
  -The goals section is my personal favorite in this section because you get to see the overall goals that I'm trying to achieve not only for myself, but for you guys as well. Someone who I would like to thank for the idea of their achivement point system is v Scarzy v. The reason is because I will be using this achivement point system in this map. The system is very unique and I'm very surprised nobody thought about it before hand. Something I'm excited about is once I get a certain amount of 'achivement points' I will be doing some give-a-ways to players in the game.
~Currently: Completed (Just Waiting For Day of Release)

Sponsors:
 -The Sponsor section is another one of my favorites. The sponsors section includes (Number Of Sponsors Goes Here) sponsor thrones. These thrones are for players who want to explain a little bit about their may and try to attract players attention while and if they read it. Their is currently 4 out of 13 thrones that are occupied!

Rules:
 -This section explains the rules of the map. As alot of us know 94% (Probably Not Accurate) of maps in Total Miner have rules that we see all the time. Well mine is no different, but mine has a bit of humor and is presented in an orderly fashion. We all see the rule "No Cheating" all the time, but alot of the times the host does little or nothing about it. I usually give them a few warnings before I kick them, but this map is a little different. Since i can't tell who is speaking in game chat my game will have a max of 5 players at once. Rarely will I ever increase the or decrease the max. of players in my game.

Credits:
 -The credits section is a very special section in my opinion. This section will tell and state every player that has helped this map in anyway possible. This ranges from players who have helped me built the map to players who have found simple glitches or bugs either with the questions or the features that will be incorporated in a few of these questions.
~Currently: Work In Progress

Arcade
 -The Arcade section is pretty self-explantory. Arcade games has been in a majority of all challenge maps incase the player gets bored or wants to unlock the InvaderMan skin. Nothing more I can really say here until it's available to play and open to the community when the map is available.

Impossible Quiz Section
 The Impossible Quiz Section is the main section in this map. This section includes the well anticipated 'Impossible Quiz.' A few pieces of information I'll share with you may change your mind about completing this trivia. Recently I've been getting more messages relating the 'Impossible Quiz' coming very soon. So let's get too it and if you have any question of your own regarding the quiz, feel free to ask away.

How many possible choices will their be to choose from in each question?
For about 99% of the quiz their will be only 3 possible choices for each question. I will warn you now their is a question that goes to 5 possible answers, but that's not a huge worry until you're near the end of the quiz.

Will their be checkpoints in the quiz?
No, because the main point of the Impossible Quiz is to test out the players overall rage status. Another reason no checkpoints will be included into the quiz is because players who won't be able to reach them will complain and wine and trust me when I say nobody wants to hear a 3 year old complain about a silly checkpoint.

What happens when a player defeats the 'Impossible Quiz?'
Well for the first player to defeat the 'Impossible Quiz' they'll get 3 amazing things.
1) The player will have a throne all to their selfs inside the 'Hall of Legends'!
2) The player will have his/her name on the thread page as the first one to defeat the trivia.
3) The player will get to submit a question that will be used inside the quiz. They'll get credit for doing so as well.
Players who complete the quiz after the first will get their own throne and be able to donate a question that will be used in the quiz. Just like the first they'll get credit as well if they choose to do so.

When is the release date of this map?
The current release date for 'Impossible Quiz' is June 21st

Is their going to be any secret Easter Eggs?
If I told you then it wouldn't really be a secret now would it XD?

How often will you be hosting the map?
The map will be hosted mostly on the weekends because of school and work. Sometimes I'll host on the weekdays if I ever have time. I'll say this, I will never be AFC for more then 30 minutes when I host the map. That being stated the map will probably be hosted maybe 3-6 hours everytime I do host (Once A Day).

Hall Of Legends
 The Hall Of Legends Section is the best achivement to aquire in the map. Players who defeat the Impossible Quiz will get to be placed in a throne with their favorite NPC unlockable. The first player to defeat the quiz gets the biggest and most respectful throne to show they dominated the quiz. The second and 3rd player who defeat the quiz will get a bit smaller then the 1st players throne, but still indicates their overall power. The 4th player and on will get the smallest throne, but again it will indicate their power towards the quiz.
First Player To Defeat The 'Impossible Quiz':
   ~~

Special NPC Placements
 In the case of Special NPC's I am talking about NPC's like Robotic, TesterMan, and Zeus. So I will be doing a special credit list for these 3 avatars. I will NOT ask for these players to place them down because like all my maps I want to see if it deserves a placement. For those wonderful players that do decide to place one of those 3 avatars then they'll will be rewarded with a different color sign in credits. Sorry, but that's goodish enough, right? Anyways here is the special credit list for those who have placed down this NPC.

Robotic Placements
~Quadraphinic~

TesterMan Placements
~Clerical~
~Quadraphinic~

Zeus Placements
~A Person Can Dream Can't He?~

Impossible Quiz Percentage
This percentage shows the amount of completion done towards the Impossible Quiz. Please note that this isn't the 'map completion'. This is only for the actual Quiz it's self. Also all testers reading this (Impossible Quiz Testers) once the Quiz is 3/4 (75%) completed then you are going to be needed for your testing abilities with a few things.

The Impossible Quiz 'Current' Completion Is
       97.6%

Summing Up
Hopefully this map doesn't start a riot of a defination of the worse Total Miner maps ;) I'm aware that some people are facepalming that I am doing a Trivia Map, but I wanted to try something different for once + I would like to practice some unique 2.0 features while players are playing on the map. This will be my last challenge map for a few updates because I would like to try RPG or possibly Adventure sidelines. I even may do a few free builds just to see how I do. Anywho hopefully the map goes well and if you hate the map then I'm sorry for your horrible experence and time of your life taking off that you'll never get back. Have a Low-Fat Cookie. If you do however like the map leave your feedback on this thread. It'll help the map grow in multiple ways. Thanks for reading guys and have a lovley day :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:14:57 AM by Jeff McNewmen »

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Scarzy

• Elite Member
  • The Next Generation!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Next Generation Clan website.
    • Awards
  • Xbox: v Scarzy v
Re: Impossible Quiz *Still Under Construction*
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:17:46 AM »
Introduction
Hello forum members of all ages and alien races. My name is Jeff and I am going to take a few minutes of your time and explain step by step about my newest map called Impossible Quiz. This map is basically a recreation of the one you can play on the PC, but with tons of twist and knowledge. This has sort of been a secret for a while and I was planning to do one of these on my last challenge map 'Corridors', but it didn't happen due to consent interruptions with the map and real life. As most of you know who were fans of 'Corridors, it has recently been set to rest, so now I have the ability and time to make this map. Before I do go any further with the Impossible Quiz map and the surrounding details, information towards it, etc... I have been getting a few messages that I would like to answer right here about this upcoming map.

Why are you making a map that is based on Trivia?
  The reason I am making a map based on trivia is because on every challenge map I have ever hosted the main challenge or minigame players seem to like the most is the trivia. On every map I have ever hosted the trivia challenges always to seem to be a fan favorite. That's one reason of why I'm making a map based on trivia. The other reason is a memorial and blessing to my other map because I let a lot of people down not making the Impossible Quiz for them when I promised it for weeks.

What exactly is the Impossible Quiz?
  The Impossible quiz is a game on the pc that requires you have to answer various questions. However, they are never straightforward. Sometimes the questions are literal, a pun of some sorts or just generally off-beat. Some of the answer are rather clever then puerile. Popular youtube channels like PewDiePie, Markiplier, Smosh Games, and TobyGames have played this game. The rage part of this game is when you mess up a certain amount of times then you have to start all over back at the beginning with 0 checkpoints.

Yes, but let's just say I am going to create unique ways of answering them. Not all questions will have scripts incorporated into them though.

How many questions will be in your Impossible Quiz?
  Ah now that will remain a secret for special reasons. I will tell you it's more then what you think and less of what you expect.

Are you making this map by yourself?
  About 85% of the map will be completely fabricated by myself, but I will be in need of some very talented helpers in the mid future. I'm going to need helpers who are very good with designing and helpers who are very good with scripts. So if you're interested then send me a pm of which helper you would like to try and be. I'm looking for 2 helpers on each so keep that in mind if you're not chosen.

Will Update Very Soon (I Ran Out Of Time XD)

Dislike dis map r8d 1 becuz itz 4 noobs.

It's probably going to be a map full of rage, if not, then temper tantrums. Game chat screaming, hate messages.

Will be funny though ;)
The Next Generation Clan Leader-

Code: [Select]
Expert in Script Coding
Elementh.
"For one the Zeus loved"
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 01:22:32 AM »
Dislike dis map r8d 1 becuz itz 4 noobs.

It's probably going to be a map full of rage, if not, then temper tantrums. Game chat screaming, hate messages.

Will be funny though ;)
Just wait until the timed ones ;)

Scarzy

• Elite Member
  • The Next Generation!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 01:27:18 AM »
Just wait until the timed ones ;)
How will that work? You have to press a button to get through 5 questions within 1 minute or something like that?
-------
600th post. Woo.

Expert in Script Coding
Elementh.
"For one the Zeus loved"

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 01:35:55 AM »
How will that work? You have to press a button to get through 5 questions within 1 minute or something like that?
-------
600th post. Woo.
Something like that. I'll all be posted in the OP tomorrow :)

Scarzy

• Elite Member
  • The Next Generation!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 02:40:31 AM »
Something like that. I'll all be posted in the OP tomorrow :)
I could do some scripty things if you like?

Expert in Script Coding
Elementh.
"For one the Zeus loved"

Jeff

• Elite Member
  • pvp clans
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Draconic Ways
  • Steam: JeffyRaider
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 02:50:14 AM »
Seems really fun. I really want to know what it would look like .in total miner.
{Anti Ice Ring} TMF Will Never be The Same Again!

Scarzy

• Elite Member
  • The Next Generation!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 03:21:35 AM »
Seems really fun. I really want to know what it would look like .in total miner.
It currently doesn't look like anything, as the world doesn't exists.

Expert in Script Coding
Elementh.
"For one the Zeus loved"

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 03:27:43 AM »
Id be happy to do some scripts aswell as my current clan asignment ;) im pretty good with scripts :)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Scarzy

• Elite Member
  • The Next Generation!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 01:48:28 PM »
Id be happy to do some scripts aswell as my current clan asignment ;) im pretty good with scripts :)
Are you blind >_<

Expert in Script Coding
Elementh.
"For one the Zeus loved"

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 03:09:04 PM »

Both of you might want to re read the OP again, but read very slowly when you reach the part on helpers ;)

Scarzy

• Elite Member
  • The Next Generation!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 03:18:47 PM »
Introduction

I'm going to need helpers who are very good with designing and helpers who are very good with scripts. So if you're interested then send me a pm of which helper you would like to try and be. I'm looking for 2 helpers on each so keep that in mind if you're not chosen.

Read, now give me cake.

Expert in Script Coding
Elementh.
"For one the Zeus loved"

EpiiKxReaPz

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • gyazo
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 04:01:38 PM »
This map is gonna be just as bad as Corridors... Oh wait did I say that out loud?! O_o I mean this map is gonna awesome like Corridors ._. /wub

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »
Read, now give me cake.
2!! helpers haha :P

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 01:58:25 AM »
OP Update & Map Progress
 Hey guys so I made some more progress on the OP, but it's only 43% completed and I'll try to get it up to 70% tomorrow if I'm not to busy. As that said i haven't started construction on the map yet mainly because I'm still trying to get the trivia room questions, design, and features ready and it's alot harder then it looks. That's all for now guys and I'm still in need of a few more helpers once construction on this map begins. These are currently the helpers:
-EpiiKxReaPz: Designer
- v Scarzy v: Script Handler

That being stated I'm still looking over a few so don't give up hope. Any who thanks guys and have an amazing day =)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:12:12 AM by Jeff McNewmen »