Author Topic:  'Corridors'  (Read 3470 times)

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
'Corridors'
« on: March 09, 2014, 01:28:53 AM »
Jeff's Welcome:
Hello fellow Total Miner forum players and members of all ages to the 'Corridors' thread. In this unique and very organized thread I will be explaining one of the most memorable challenge maps of 1.9! Now I must confirm a HUGE warning: If You Hate Reading and/or Dislike Challenge Maps Then This Thread Isn't For You!  You Have Been Warned.   

The Birth of Corridors: 
The definition of a corridor is "a gallery or passage connecting parts of a building." Back in the month od December a few days after Christmas my old map 'Miglior' which many players remember was sadly corrupted. That same day I thought of a good way to grieve was to build another challenge map in it's absence! The spawn was probably one of the hardest things to do because I wanted it to be perfect. After I accomplished the interior flooring of the spawn I needed to start thinking of a "catchy" name for the map. It took me a little over an hour before I had my good friend xBlAZExThEHazEx helped me with the name. We both came up with the simplest name ever! We named it Corridors! Blaze and I didn't think players would appreciate the name at first. As time went on players would send me messages saying "I absolutely love the name for your map, it's not an average name like 'Best Map Ever or The Challenge.' Over time Corridors became the "Go To" map for players on the forums, youtube, and xbox. Thus giving Corridors the popularity vote over a majority of the other Challenge and even RPG and Construction maps.   

Introduction:
Corridors is made up of four specific and unique corridor sections. The four corridor sections are divided like a compass. We have the Northern Corridor, the Eastern Corridor, the Southern Corridor, and finally the Western Corridor! Each corridor has a specific category selected for each one!

Northern Corridor:
The Northern Corridor consists of Ten unique challenges that players will need to conquer in hopes of being placed on the Wall of Fame! Sadly only Eight challenges are available to be conquered by you the players! The challenges available to be conquered are:
* Knowing Your Items Total Miner Trivia
* The Woodland Maze
* Towers of Pride
* Grand Theft Auto [Knowledge] Trivia
* Knowing Your Host Trivia
* Complexity
* Frostbite
* Obsession
Something unique that I did for each challenge is before you start the challenge it includes a Challenge Difficulty, which tells you what the difficulty of that challenge according to the testers PoV! Another unique addition that I added before the start of each challenge is a Challenge Tip, which informs the player a handy little tip to beat that challenge! 

Eastern Corridor:
The Eastern Corridor is the "Informational" Corridor. A total of Nine informational structures are located in this corridor. Here is a quick summary of each Informal Structure located here:
*Host Status:
-This section in the Eastern Corridor explains who and what the Host, Co-Host, Admin, Tester, and the Helper are up to.

*Goals:
-This section in the Eastern Corridor explains and shows THREE different special things.
1) Player Awards: Awards to a certain player who was a certain visitor and rater to the world.
2) Read-Along: Where contest information and awesome stories are placed for the players amusement.
3) Host Goals: Where my personal goals for the world are stored and kept updated daily.

*Sponsors:
-This section of the Eastern Corridor explains players who want to get their map out there by placing down an NPC and explaining a little bit about their map and why players should join. Their is a total of 19 Sponsor Thrones! Currently:
19 out of those 19 thrones are occupied!

*All Stars:
-This section of the Eastern Corridor explains how you can become an 'All Star.' It also shows who has defeated the odds to become an All Star!

*Rules:
-This section of the Eastern Corridor explains the rules of the map. Every challenge world as we know it has rules well mine is no different but mine has some humor and is presented in an orderly fashion. Although a lot of public players don't follow a lot of rules depending in the circumstance I allow them to get away with it. 

*Arcade:
-This section of the Eastern Corridor explains nothing. We all know what an arcade is and mine was gratefully made by one of my good friends v scarzy v!

*Co-Op Gauntlet:
-This section of the Eastern Corridor will be a new addition. The Co-Op Gauntlet is used with 98% of the newest features of 2.0. Especially the script blocks! So the way it works is you and a friend will need to work together in 7 little mini-games that involve a lot of the 2.0 features. This is currently in work, but hopefully will be open very soon.

*Total Miner's YouTube Stars:
-This section of the Eastern Corridor is for players who have Total Miner content that would love to get their channel out-there. I would personally like to thank Delta Dragon22 for placing Robotic in this section of the Eastern Corridor.

*McNewmen Favorites:
-This section of the Eastern Corridor concludes the Top 10 Builders who inspired me in some kind of unique and respectful way. Now towards the back of The McNewmen Favorites shows 3 more unique and well-known place able NPC spots. They are:
Robotic
Placed By: Quadraphinic

Testerman
Placed By: Quadraphinic

Zeus
Placed By: Currently Vacant

Southern Corridor:
The Southern Corridor is defiantly my favorite sectional corridor in Corridors! The biggest reason is because this is the Player Made Levels corridor! Player Made Levels are challenges made by other players. I added this in Corridors because if players get bored or rage to much in the Northern Corridor then they can try to conquer other players challenges! It also shows me their strategy in challenge building and how difficulty their map could be to conquer. Pretty smart in my opinion =)

Western Corridor:
The Western Corridor is where the game modes are located! Currently I have Five different game modes!
- Stages Of A Sky Fall {OPEN}
- Exploration {CLOSED}
- The Impossible Quiz DEMO {IN PROGRESS}
- A True Maze {CLOSED}
- Corruption {CLOSED}
Each Game Mode Is Peculiar Because Each Game Mode Tests Your Ability On Different Levels!

'Corridors' Staff:

Host: Jeff McNewmen  (McNewmen Father)

Co-Host: xBlAZExThEHazEx

Admin: A NeftyMan A {NEWEST ADMIN}

Tester: BN Swiftness

Helper: SCARECR0W 101

Special Thanks:
On The Half Of The Whole Corridors Staff We Would Like To Thank Everyone Who Had Helped With The Map! Either By NPC Placements, Recording, Or Even Helping Along With Idea's Or Builds!

NPC PLACABLES:
*Clerical (Demi's)

*sonic1764 (Demi's)

*N1CK 01 (Demi's)

*LG x White (Invader Man)

*Quadraphinic (Robotic)

*v scarzy v (Invader Man)

*Delta Dragon 22 (Robotic)

*Trubstep Record (Invader Man)

*B1ack W1dow (Demi's)

New Additions

*Quadraphinic (Testerman)

*XxPR0xSH0TxZ (Invader Man)

*Get Inn The Jet (Robotic)

Video Recording:
*Themysteriofan99 (Empire Mysterio)

*Dubstep_Snorlax (A NeftyMan A) *My Signature =) *

*DatGamerLogan (N/A)  *Even Though He's Gone I'll Still Miss Him ='(*

Summing Up:
 *I would like to thank everybody on the forums. Without you guys I wouldn't be here making this post right now! The amount of support that I get daily from the forums and xbox is beyond crazy and you guys are the players who made 'Corridors' the best 1.9 map available. I hope to impress you guys with possible more builds in either 'Corridors' or possible future maps ;)

'Corridors' Statistics:
*Stats will be updated every time 'Corridors' ends for that day. Just letting you know :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Visitors: 1626 Amazing Players

World Rating: 3.9 Rating

Number of Awesome Ratings: 552 Ratings

Most Concurrent Players: 16 Fantastic Players

Total Man Hours Played: 1,004.0 Hours

Blocks Cleared: 118,522 Blocks

Blocks Placed: 219,307 Blocks

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:22:25 AM by Jeff McNewmen »

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

EpiiKxReaPz

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • gyazo
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stallion83
Re: 'Corridors'
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:33:29 AM »
Wow, my name isnt even in here. Thats it your map is getting rated 1 star now. But in seriousness though. The map is a good map to join I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND joining this map. Also if you figure out the secret tell me what to do ;)

Edit: Once I see my name in the post your map gets 5 stars. ::)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:13:29 AM by EpiiKxReaPz »

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:37:40 AM »
i was the first to record heres vid

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

SwiftGeneration

• Elite Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SwiftGeneration
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:10:07 AM »
So u finally put it on the forums then ;)
Old Member Of Team Craft
Old Member Of Builders Unit
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twitter = SabreSwiftYT
Youtube =
Skype = Swift Generation

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 09:58:28 AM »

Yeah I remember after the first time I joined, I looked for It on the forums forever.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »
I may have been a little bit lazy between the start of Corridors and now ;)

EpiiKxReaPz

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • gyazo
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 04:24:41 PM »
I may have been a little bit lazy between the start of Corridors and now ;)
Wow lazy ::)

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 07:44:54 PM »
I'll be hosting for about 2 hours if anyone does want to join.

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 11:44:40 PM »
The Map Will Be Open For A While And Is Hungry For ANYONE To Conquer It!

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 09:09:19 AM »
I'm almost complete, i've beat all your challenges accept 1, well should only need one i don't send to much codes
Welcome, come on inside...

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 11:33:11 AM »
I'm almost complete, i've beat all your challenges accept 1, well should only need one i don't send to much codes
The next time you join the map read the book in the Northern Corridor. A few new updates happened a few weeks back involving codes and Wall of Fame statistics. 

StabbedClan

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: whoami
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 04:15:10 PM »
Hi There Jeff Is Corridors Hosting PS: I Think You Should Host It!

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
Hi There Jeff Is Corridors Hosting PS: I Think You Should Host It!
Corridors won't be hosted again until Friday possibly Saturday night.

DatGamerLogan

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 11:47:14 PM »
About damn time you made the topic ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:52:11 PM by DatGamerLogan »

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 10:25:44 PM »
'Corridors' Admin Update:

Due to the inactivity of our current admin the staff of Corridors have finally decided to replace the current admin with a fresh new one that will actually spread the word and help Corridors grow in any possible way.

The responsibility of being an admin on 'Corridors' is fairly easy but complex at the same time. An admin must help on the map as much as he can while spreading the word about 'Corridors.' Having the admin powers automatically excuses you from attempting any of the challenges for the Wall Of Fame.

If you are interested at becoming Corridors new admin then contact me by pm. Once I get enough requests I will do a poll and the winner of that poll will be engraved as the newest admin of 'Corridors.' Good luck guys =)