Author Topic:  "Time-Crash" Clerical's Adventure/Challenge Map  (Read 866 times)

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
"Time-Crash" Clerical's Adventure/Challenge Map
« on: December 19, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
Time-Crash

Game Statistics
Map Name: Time Crash
Map Type: Challenge Map With Story Element Added
Map Size: 5.6MB currently (Was 12.5 before i coppy/pasted onto a new map)
Map Total-Rates -Over 2000 Across 3 different versions. i re-pasted the map often to decrease MB before the update.

Time-Crash Is a map i started working on just before 1.8 Was released, Although i only it months after 1.8

The Story Behind Time Crash.
Time crash story evolves around A Demi-God of time which has been missing for awhile, as the adventurer your mission is to find/rescue him, soon as you start the quest you have to go to 3 different temples to get 3 different talismans. each around one element (Fire/Water/Earth).
Then the Talismans will allow a mortal to travel through time. then you have to go through different Times in the past and future, and locate certain items and locations in a attempt to find the missing demi-god.

Inspiration Behind The Map.
I needed an idea for a map that allowed me to use many different styles of building, but also wanted to prove to people that first maps do not have to be colored pathways and little to no detail.
So Decided to center my map around a story of time.
The Story allowed me to use different styles and color schemes which you normally would not be able to experiment with.

Map Details

Adventure Mode:
When you enter through the doorway to the campaign you will arrive in the main hall, in here there is NPC's that explain the story, But its your choice to whether you want to read them or not. Currently only have 3 parts of the campaign finished,
Water/Fire/Earth Talisman, When you enter one of these,
you will find you self in a big room with a dragon in it, you will have to climb your way to the dragons head to speak to the Dragon Tamers. they will give more info to do with the story, but that is only a fraction of each campaign, each challenge has an average of 10 challenges, each gets you closer to you're goal.

Hall Of Fame:
The H.O.F kind of speaks for it self, But in my map To get on the hall of fame you need to message me to turn off your fly as it is on by default, you will have to get to the end of the campaign without fly in order to be put in the hall, but in each H.O.F room there are 2 sides, 1 is for beating the campaign without fly, and the other is for Finding and reaching the Secret Signs.

Info Sector:
This Area on the map is where there is a few portals that take you to different areas. This section Just gives people something to read for those of us who like details and want to know some info that can help people.

List of builders i respect.
List of worlds i like
List of youtubers that do total-miner video's.
General info on the map.
General info on the host.
Goals
Need to come up with ideas for the others as this map still has a lot of work to be done.

Other:
Other is just a section where i put things that don't belong anywhere else.
So far it has unlockables, A PvP Arena, And a few realy simple challenges for those who do not understand that its a challenge map.

Problems Faced With The Map So Far.
Recently had to copy and paste the hole map onto a new one as was 12MB before i made the Jump, People couldn't connect and would leave as they were stuck in the floor for 5mins.
Very time consuming but map works so much smoother, Still a little lag as map if very compact Although it being underground dose help.

I also had to make all the challenges easier 4 times, 1 because of the 1.8 update and the other 3 as requested by multiple people. each time had to change every jump and test them.

The map has been a solo project for me so haven't gotten any help other then the suggestions and feedback from the community.

Also with this map being my first attempt at building i had to do all my learning on the way, but after me seeing tens of thousands of maps i already had an idea of what type of building style i should start with, Also had to build certain things for my challenges such as Boat/train/plane, but had to build them quite big to go well with the rest of the map so had alot trouble with them and took a long time to complete.

Video By DubStep Snorlax
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Pictures

Feedback From Forum Members Who Have Vistied
And last but not least Feedback that i have gotten from some members of the forums,
Also like to thank these 3 for the feedback. i have gotten tons of feedback but only including ones that i have gotten from forums members recently.

A Blue Gecko
Your pre-existing artistic ways shine through. i must admit there isn't much competition in the challenge map scene X] I thoroughly enjoyed it. Balanced difficulty, nice aesthics, good themes. i hope you add more eventually.

Dauntless395
It's very nicely layed out and has a story component. And the challenges arent just a standard "jump there, crouch there" etc. The only thing I can think of wrong is but a small fix:
(My Spelling and grammer XD)

Pringle2009
This is Perfect. it looks great, its fun but not to easy, and user friendly with all the points to retry from. truly amazing job
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:37:22 PM by Clerical »

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

RXZ x REPLAYZz

Re: "Time-Crash" Clerical's Adventure/Challenge Map
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »
This is the worst map ive ever joined! naa im joking its an amazing map witch i think every one would like its all aspects parkour,challenge,RPG,pixel art etc put together!

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:32:13 PM »
This is the worst map ive ever joined! naa im joking its an amazing map witch i think every one would like its all aspects parkour,challenge,RPG,pixel art etc put together!
Thanks, its a Mixturel of different map genres :P.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:38:42 AM by Clerical »

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:33:01 PM »
This looks very nice. Good job!
Thanks, tried to take advice from what you and the other forum members have been saying about detailed topic with photo's or videos.

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »
Thanks, tried to take advice from what you and the other forum members have been saying about detailed topic with photo's or videos.

The sun blocks really boost the size and load time of the maps. If they get to be a problem, replace them with the gold block... you get almost as much light and none of the massive size jump caused by torches and sunblocks.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
The sun blocks really boost the size and load time of the maps. If they get to be a problem, replace them with the gold block... you get almost as much light and none of the massive size jump caused by torches and sunblocks.
Agreed, i was testing with the floor awhile back, but gold makes the floor seem quite abit darker then the rest of the room, its something id do when my map gets near 9MB again, then ill half the amount of torches and replace sunblocks with gold.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »
Updated OP with video

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »
Updated OP with new info and more images.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 06:24:57 AM »
Going to be hosting this map again and do a little more work on it, luckily with speed/grav zones i do not have to do much to make everything work again.

theBoxHunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 10:11:33 AM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:21:40 PM by theBoxHunter »