Author Topic:  Space  (Read 2657 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: Space
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2016, 02:03:11 AM »
Aww it was launched around the same time TM was launched.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 02:09:30 AM »
Bump. The Juno satellite is gonna reach Jupiter today! You Americans should really enjoy that NASA's satellite launched 5 years ago is reaching orbit around the largest planet in our solar system on your Independence Day.
None of the American children here give a damn about that. They only care about what is going on on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube. Whereas I, actually find that interesting. I recall when they launched it. I was just turning 21.

LOL. I live in America and all the local schools that have on location summer camps are getting the kids super excited about the event, taking them on trips to the Exploratorium, having art projects on the solar system and jupiter made, etc.

Plenty of people at work are high school age, which I assume you were targeting your comment more towards, but most if not all have brought it up in conversation over the course of the past couple days.

Not sure where you live but it sounds depressing.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

cwmpryddig

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 11:21:28 AM »
been following the end of Rosetta's story lately - it's all so touching. and I cried reading the latest news about Philae  :,( and lots of my frinds if not learned astronomers are interested in what's going there anyway, so I truly believe it's not so bad

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 07:48:22 PM »
LOL. I live in America and all the local schools that have on location summer camps are getting the kids super excited about the event, taking them on trips to the Exploratorium, having art projects on the solar system and jupiter made, etc.

Plenty of people at work are high school age, which I assume you were targeting your comment more towards, but most if not all have brought it up in conversation over the course of the past couple days.

That's because you live in California. Most people care about the earth and the universe there, where as 99% of the country outside of CA does not. I do live in a depressing place, you know where it's at because we spoke about our homes before in a party chat or two some time ago...ahh good days. lol But anyway, I still think it's pretty interesting.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 08:09:48 PM »

That's because you live in California. Most people care about the earth and the universe there, where as 99% of the country outside of CA does not. I do live in a depressing place, you know where it's at because we spoke about our homes before in a party chat or two some time ago...ahh good days. lol But anyway, I still think it's pretty interesting.

I forgot about that haha! Man, it feels so long ago.

Yeah, CA is definitely more progressive than a lot of the Midwest.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »
Then here's Canada. We're excited about space. Yet we aren't even space capable with our program right now. :/ And you damn American's don't make it easy for a Canadian to start working for NASA or Space X.

Brother Hood

• futrue army
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2016, 07:06:47 PM »
yes were so far ahead in the space program, now they are talking about putting a man
on mars by 2030 or far less.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2016, 08:39:06 PM »
yes were so far ahead in the space program, now they are talking about putting a man
on mars by 2030 or far less.

I mean, America and Russia have both been somewhat Mars capable since the late 60s/70s, just loss of interest from both governments.

Early Christmas Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2017, 04:24:45 PM »
Boötes void!

This is something that I stumbled across the other day when I was watching some space videos on youtube, I am a really big space nerd... It's just something so flippin' cool and I wanted to share it with you guys. I know Trub is a space nerd like myself  ;)

Boötes void is a monstrous empty space (also known as a void). It is a mindboggling 330 million light years in diameter! It's that enormous that's its actually difficult to wrap your head around it and realize just how big, and how small we are!

So far, only 60 galaxies had been discovered in the Boötes Void. Using a rough estimate of about 1 galaxy every 10 million light-years (4 times farther than Andromeda Galaxy from Earth)

Read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo%C3%B6tes_void

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster