Author Topic:  Free games  (Read 1148 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Free games
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:16:41 PM »
Since I come across free games a lot and probably very few people know about them being free, I figure I'll just post them here as I come across them.

This won't include "free" games ala the monthly Playstation Plus or Games with Gold titles or pirated games (and don't even think about posting links to those.) Also won't include mobile games, because I don't care about mobile games. Only actual free ones.

So to start off:

Shadow Warrior is free on Steam. This seems like a 1 day only thing, so go grab it like now or it'll be too late.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233130/Shadow_Warrior/

And over on Origin you can grab Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. I don't know how long this lasts. EA seems to have no rhyme or reason as to when they change it.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house

And Club Ubisoft has Rayman Origins free for the remainder of August

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-US/welcome

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
Re: Free games
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:42 PM »
I have a notable collection of free entertainment titles, so I shall post them here. I will likely organize and add upon this listing later.

Spoiler for Listing:
Spoiler for Role Playing Games:
Black Mesa (legacy): A recreation of the original "Half-Life" using the "Source" engine. Although it can be purchased on Steam, the website directed towards includes a "legacy" edition at the bottom of the web page, in which is free to download and play. (Note: I was not able to acquire an undamaged file from any of the provided sources upon the site)

OFF: A graphically simple role playing adventure game, with a notably gloom theme throughout. Due to the possibilty of unintentionally mentioning too much about the story, I simple suggest to play about with it.
Spoiler for Platformer Games:
Cave Story: A considerably well-known platform adventure game. Due to the possibilty of unintentionally mentioning too much about the story, I simple suggest to play about with it.

Ikachan: An underwater based role-playing adventure game. Was developed from the developers of "Cave Story", and was released before. Due to the possibilty of unintentionally mentioning too much about the story, I simple suggest to play about with it.

IWBTG | I Wanna Be The Guy: A notoriously difficult platformer alongside simple graphics and a humourous theme.

Mari0: A platformer and puzzle game in which is strives to combine both the original "Super Mario Brothers" (NES edition) and "Portal". Includes hats, local multiplayer, and level editor.

n: A platformer including action and puzzle aspects. Features physics simulation, ninjas, a level editor, and more.

Spelunky: An open-sourced platformer with roguelike difficulty. It is based within a series of randomly generated underground caverns, with the goal of collecting as much treasure as found before death or succession.
Spoiler for First-Person Perspective Shooters:
Assault Cube: A open-sourced simple shooter with multiple available gamemodes, boasting in its support for less powerful computers and networks, supporting as low of latency as 56kbps (7 KBs).

Battlefield 2 + Battlefield 2142: Both games are shooters, with the focus of lowering the enemy teams "tickets" in the multiple possibilities available. (Note: The linked download page provides a launcher used for downloading and launching the two titles. I may later provide a webpage link towards archive downloads for both titles.)

Freedoom: A project focused upon recreating the considerably popular original "Doom" with open-source code, graphics, and audio (may be incorrect).

Project Reality: A standalone modification basing from the shooter "Battlefield 2", focusing upon working with your team. It is recommended to view its manual (included within link provided), and to own and use a microphone while playing within multiplayer. (Note: You will likely require a BitTorrent client to download, and understand how to unpack .iso files)

Team Fortress 2: A team focused shooter, featuring 9 unique individual classes to choose, each with their own strengths and weaknesses to learn and use towards you and your team's advantage. Includes customizabilty via cosmetics, taunts, and weapons.

Unturned: A graphically simple game in which is based within a Zombie Apocalypse. Includes plenty of modifications available from its corresponding Workshop.

Urban Terror: A first-person shooter, built based from "Quake III Arena", with a focus upon realism.
Spoiler for Rogue:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup: An open-source, role-playing roguelike, based within a series of dungeons.

Dwarf Fortress: An fortress constructing or standard adventuring roguelike, based upon randomly generated lands.

Elona: A role-playing roguelike based upon a book series with the same title.

Net Hack: An open-sourced, role-playing roguelike, based within a series of dungeons, focusing towards exploration within the dungeons instead of conquering.

Tales of Maj'Eyal: Age of Ascendancy: A role-playing roguelike, featuring a story for the player to follow in addition to the established roguelike genre.
Spoiler for Simulation:
Flightgear: A open-source simulation game focused upon aircraft control, with available modification support.

OpenBVE: An open-source simulation game focused upon train and subway control, with available add-on support.

Spoiler for Other:
Darkwood: A recently released, top-down perspective horror themed title from Acid Wizard Studio, provided with no cost with both the reasoning for players who cannot afford its price, and to discourage key distributors. (Note: The webpage linked is directed towards Acid Wizard Studio's story of development, posted upon Imgur. The last image provides a link to download. You will require a BitTorrent client to aquire the files)

Hero: A retro inspired action and adventure platformer, including a basic MIDI developed soundtrack, monotone visuals, and six levels for the player to navigate through.

Hero Core: A sequel to "Hero", introducing a larger world for the player to explore, lenient progression, and difficulty settings.

Minetest: An open-source sandbox game, based from similar titles including "Minecraft" and "Infiminer". It has a focus towards its modification support and community development. Also available as a downloadable .apk for Android users (Note: On the linked webpage, it mentions that it is available upon the "Google Play Store", but to take caution due to possible false uploads).

OpenRA: An open-source, real-time strategy, command and conquer engine, featuring multiple games based from classic title series including "Red Alert", "Tiberian Dawn", and "Dune 2000", modification support, multiplayer, and more.

OpenTTD: An open-source simulation game based from "Transport Tycoon Deluxe". Features isometric 16-bit graphics, multiplayer, support for modifications, and more.

osu!: A recently open-sourced rhythm game based from "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan". Features a focus upon music, rhythm, modification support, and more.

SCP - Containment Breach: A horror game based upon various elements from the SCP Foundation within randomly generated corridors.

The Dark Mod: A Gothic and Steampunk themed stealth game, in which was once a mod worked based from "Doom 3" that has now become standalone (does not require you to have "Doom 3" separately to play).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:08:31 AM by AlienizdPixel »
-Alionz

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 12:16:01 AM »
Two questions:
Would titles such as AM2R or Pokémon Uranium be permissed to link towards?
Would BitTorrent magnet links be permissed?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:35:43 AM by AlienizdPixel »
-Alionz

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 01:49:21 AM »
I wouldn't link those as they've both been issued takedown orders. They're easy enough to find for anyone who really wants to play them though.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »
Brink is now free on Steam as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22350/BRINK/

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 12:49:12 AM »
Steamworld Dig is now free on Origin. This is a good game and you should download it.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 05:32:50 PM »
The Walking Dead: Season 1 is free on Humble Bundle until tomorrow

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-walking-dead-season-1

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 07:23:23 PM »
Not quite a game, but the season pass for Star Wars Battlefront is now free on PS4, Xbone, and PC. I don't know if it's only a limited time thing or what, so if you have the game you might want to jump on that ASAP

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 02:36:03 PM »
Psychonauts free for the next 48 hours.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/psychonauts

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 11:21:04 PM »

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 12:24:57 AM »
The Oddbox bundle is worth it aswell. I really enjoyed Strangers Wrath back on the original xbox.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 01:55:10 AM »
I played so much odd world on PlayStation... It was an obession.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »
Outlast and it's DLC are free on the humble store for the next 48 hours

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/outlast-deluxe

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 05:48:12 PM »
Outlast and it's DLC are free on the humble store for the next 48 hours

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/outlast-deluxe

I would recommend Outlast and it's DLC "Whistleblower". I bought it on my Xbox One when it was on sale for like Ł5 and I had an absolute blast when playing it! I'm a big fan of horror games and Outlast certainly takes the cake with being one of the scariest and best for me!

If you're a fan of horror games then I would highly recommend you get this before it's not free anymore!

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld