Author Topic:  World Zones  (Read 358 times)

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World Zones
« on: July 26, 2017, 11:07:20 AM »
Hi,

Okay so I've been thinking about how a lot of world use 'World Zones' and how useful they are. If you're unsure of what they are it's basically a zone that covers the whole world. This can be really useful for only allowing players to mine in certain places etc. It can be done by setting the coordinates of the zone from the bottom of one corner of your map to the top of the opposite corner of your map.

It's great that we can already do this but with Craig releasing infinite worlds a few updates after PC release we soon might not be able to do this on our largest and most precious worlds. I've had the idea that in the settings of the zone that there could be a checkbox labelled world zone. This would put the whole infinite world in a zone and we would still be able to host and enjoy large, fun maps.

It'd be great to have that but there's a small issue that comes with it. The issue is that when we choose to 'View Zones' we would see a massive zone constantly. I think that it would be a good idea to have a setting on player options that allows us to toggle whether we can see world zones. Alternatively there could be another  checkbox in the Zone settings that allows us to toggle whether the selected zone is visible when viewing zones.

Please leave your thoughts below,
Thankyou.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
Re: World Zones
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:59:07 PM »
If there is a zone covering the whole world and you have View Zones on, you would barely be able to see it unless youre looking around and it appears on the corners of your screen, so it wouldnt be too bad, but other than that this idea could be useful.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:11:03 AM »
unless youre looking around and it appears on the corners of your screen

Would you prefer to have a screen like that over a clear one?

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 12:17:03 AM »
I mean isnt the point of view zones to see the zones?

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 03:04:32 AM »
The issue is that when we choose to 'View Zones' we would see a massive zone constantly.

I have already explained myself. Please don't post on my topics unless you have something useful to say.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 02:09:18 PM »
I mean isnt the point of view zones to see the zones?

The point of view zones is to see the boundaries of the zones. If the boundaries are outside the render distance, Why would you want to see them if you can't see what they encompass?

As for this idea, I love it. I would personally prefer this to be an option on world startup to add a world with X settings. Perhaps on creative construction worlds it could add a no edit zone by default. I always find the process of adding a world zone annoying anyway.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym