Author Topic:  Modding  (Read 519 times)

JAZZ 0R KILLER

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JAZZ 0R KILLER
Modding
« on: July 22, 2017, 01:13:35 PM »
Hello everyone! Some of you may have seen awhile ago where BobsCAST created a video on YouTube showcasing some cool NPC/Character mods. This is all done by RGH, but my question is, does anyone know what files/program he uses? How does he get the modded characters? I know you can mod NPCs by using a program on your computer called Horizon, but what he does is more complicated.

Thanks for reading, and I hope someone knows something about character modding.
Have a great day!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
Re: Modding
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 08:58:21 PM »
RGH is more complicated than most make it out to be. Requires hardware tampering, and a soldering gun.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 10:32:30 PM »
Yea it's very complicated. It took him hours to figure it out. I don't exactly remember what he found to do it. But you are going to need a rgh Xbox like you stated.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 06:02:50 PM »
Guys, that is if you only buy the hardware, but its not much more expensive to just buy the premade RGH Xbox with no labor needed, you cant mod unlockables in Horizon, it requires an RGH, and when you do get an RGH youll need a modded patch of TMF that requires a lot of C# knowledge and how to navigate through the games programming and the RGH.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 05:25:00 PM »
Guys, that is if you only buy the hardware, but its not much more expensive to just buy the premade RGH Xbox with no labor needed, you cant mod unlockables in Horizon, it requires an RGH, and when you do get an RGH youll need a modded patch of TMF that requires a lot of C# knowledge and how to navigate through the games programming and the RGH.
Again, complicated no matter what. Most people tend to not charge "lightly" for that service. ;)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 06:37:34 PM »
Technically, You don't need an RGH if all you want to do is change your avatar to something like Skeleton or Zeus. You just modify a file to set it as your default avatar. That's what Justyn did to get Zeus on a retail console. The caveat is that you need to know how to modify the file.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 03:34:26 AM »
You would need to decompile your game save, after knowing how to extract it, then you would need to find the script, but for Zeus, Hermes, Tester, or Robo, you would also need to add your exact gamertag to the array of all the gamertags who are given those unlockables.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »
You would need to decompile your game save, after knowing how to extract it, then you would need to find the script, but for Zeus, Hermes, Tester, or Robo, you would also need to add your exact gamertag to the array of all the gamertags who are given those unlockables.

Partially incorrect. You would need to know how to decompile the game save data. You would not however need to modify the game itself to get Zeus. All you need to do is set Zeus as your default unlockable. This is because the game does not check whether or not you have your name in the database when it sees that Zeus is your default avatar. This is not the case for robotic, Which checks if your name is in the database, And I think the same applies to testerman. I am not sure about Wraith, But Derfen told me that this bug is why the wraith avatar does not show up in the default avatar screen.

Anyone can mod their save to wear Zeus on a retail console. But only if they know how to decompile the game save, Or know someone else who knows how.
However, Technically, Anyone could wear Zeus on their retail console on any account with no modding if Craig shared his account details and the person set Zeus as their default avatar whilst on Craig's account.

Don't fight me on this, I have witnesses and higher ups who can confirm this to be true.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 06:54:56 PM »
Im not fighting, but the modder I know looks at the games coding nearly everyday and has said that you would need to add your gamertag to pass the "Developer Check", now I dont know if that applies for just modifying your avatar, but that does apply for all the powers and features that come with wearing Zeus.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 07:44:35 PM »
Im not fighting, but the modder I know looks at the games coding nearly everyday and has said that you would need to add your gamertag to pass the "Developer Check", now I dont know if that applies for just modifying your avatar, but that does apply for all the powers and features that come with wearing Zeus.

Oh no, The powers don't work. The avatar does.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »
Yeah, I was talking about the powers, of course the avatar will work.