Author Topic: [RPG] The Caverns  (Read 503 times)

Jakub34

• Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kongregate.com/games/Coolio_Niato/streamline?acomplete=streaml
    • Awards
  • Xbox: jakub34
[RPG] The Caverns
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:19:46 PM »
This was a map that I started back in December of 2014 and it ended in January 2015. The map was fairly small, so players didn't have much to do, however the map managed to be a big hit. Someone here might remember The Caverns, but for those who don't know about the map, I will give a brief explanation.

The caverns is giant cave system that is full of enemies and ores. The player starts by grinding in one area, and they start moving their way up to fight different enemies. The further you go, enemies will get harder, and ores will get better. Along the way, you will also find shops, quests, dungeons, treasure rooms, etc. to help further your expedition. The player also has a choice from 4 different classes which all have their own unique abilities and weapons.

I will not try to use mods for this map, so everyone has a fair useage to the map.

I am going to need a few decisions, so here is where you all come in handy.

What size should the cave be? Small, medium, large.

What kind of areas should I add?
My current list of ideas are normal cavern, undead cavern, jungle cavern, heaven, hell, and troll caverns.
I am already thinking of making some areas mostly water.

What kind of side things should I add?
I currently have shops, dungeons, and treasure rooms.

Should I add more classes?

Should I add in a storyline?

If anything else doesn't fit in these categories go ahead and feel free to post them :)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Caverns
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:25:29 PM »
With mods you can make unique ores, a wider variety of weapon types, and various kinds of crafting materials, if that interests you. I like the idea of a storyline that goes with the idea you have, but isn't "forced" on the player.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jakub34

• Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kongregate.com/games/Coolio_Niato/streamline?acomplete=streaml
    • Awards
  • Xbox: jakub34
Re: The Caverns
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »
Not much of an update but I am thinking about making a beta of this on 360 :s My membership runs out 7/29 so I am thinking about starting this up. This will also be a great time for me to get better at building, because boy don't I suck.

Also a great time learn some scripts like variables '-'