Author Topic:  Features that we want to see in 2.6  (Read 4358 times)

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site 1 year on site I AM THE LAW!
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jiimalene
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Features that we want to see in 2.6
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 04:28:10 AM »
Minesweeper mod.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
  • Awards 1 year on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 12:43:24 PM »
why not make something that combines both?
Upvote
Craig doesn't know me.

Rock

• Elite Member
  • rock
  • Awards 3 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: extremely thick
  • PSN: extremely moist
  • Steam: at your service
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 08:10:55 PM »
why not make something that combines both?
Upvote
what is the like button anymore
hi

KeefdaQueef

• ARE YOU OPEN ON THURRSDAYYYS!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Keefer511
  • Steam: Gran Autismo
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 07:06:20 PM »
Some sort of script that can activate by a certain text message. Say that you pick a number between this and that or to guess something else. Pretty much a quiz script. Maybe  Text [text] [true|false] or IsText.
I realize that this would affect text messages so delete the script and reset
hey... somethings not right...

STARKILLER7851

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 05:06:06 PM »
A cheat system. Here's how it will work: In Single Player, players can access cheats like giving or unlocking items, infinite durability for tools, godmode, and/or the ability to switch between creative and survival.

In Multiplayer: Same as above, but only accessible to those with proper permissions.
Current Creative Projects:

SkyCity, a Floating City similar to Midgar from Final Fantasy VII. Made purely with sunblocks and glass

Atlantis City, a vast semi-futuristic underwater resort hotel, complete with a pool, sub docking structure, Skyscraper, mining zones for the optimistic, etc.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »
A cheat system. Here's how it will work: In Single Player, players can access cheats like giving or unlocking items, infinite durability for tools, godmode, and/or the ability to switch between creative and survival.

In Multiplayer: Same as above, but only accessible to those with proper permissions.

You could already achieve this with a modpack that has modified items, and a couple of basic scripts.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

STARKILLER7851

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 06:44:26 PM »

You could already achieve this with a modpack that has modified items, and a couple of basic scripts.

Really? A lot of the modding tools are dead, and the best we can do is a hex editor.
Current Creative Projects:

SkyCity, a Floating City similar to Midgar from Final Fantasy VII. Made purely with sunblocks and glass

Atlantis City, a vast semi-futuristic underwater resort hotel, complete with a pool, sub docking structure, Skyscraper, mining zones for the optimistic, etc.

KeefdaQueef

• ARE YOU OPEN ON THURRSDAYYYS!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Keefer511
  • Steam: Gran Autismo
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 07:28:13 PM »
Some sort of script that can activate by a certain text message. Say that you pick a number between this and that or to guess something else. Pretty much a quiz script. Maybe  Text [text] [true|false] or IsText. If it is right, then a global script is used saying [[gamertag] did blah blah blah]
I realize that this would affect text messages so delete the script and reset

hey... somethings not right...

FatbFFA

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 08:37:34 PM »

Really? A lot of the modding tools are dead, and the best we can do is a hex editor.

He is talking about PC modding. If you just use XML than thats fine your slightly limited on what you can do. But if your using c# to make mods your pretty free to do what you want. At this point anything on this topic pertains to PC as that's where 2.6 will be, seeing as its the initial release i wouldn't expect a big feature update for a bit as bugs people find are ironed out.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2017, 06:49:34 PM »

I made a video on how to do this here:

It is automatically time stamped to the point that I change the item name/description/stats.

If you watch the video from the beginning, you can see how I made the files and where they will go once you have access to the PC version.

So what you could do is modify the stats of existing items to have near-infinite durability and super stats, or you could make near-identical items with crazy stats and slightly different names (ie Godmode Wood Sword) and use scripts to give/take them from players.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ