Author Topic:  The forums are dying  (Read 688 times)

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Ban no one, Report everyone.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
The forums are dying
« on: March 14, 2017, 06:38:32 PM »
The forums are dying... I can tell because bob had enough time to reply to me... There needs to be a reason for people to come back to the forums everyday... I don't know what that would be, but something at least... If you are a guest viewer, please make an account...
Craig doesn't know me.

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: The forums are dying
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »
It's mostly dying because of the Discord chat. That, and the people who I actually consider being worth chatting with are off in our own private discord.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »
It's a combination of some members disappearing off to an unorganised, chaotic and mess of a Discord, along with a drastic decrease of players on both TM and the 360 as a whole.

The forums need a major reboot and rethinking if it's to thrive, or even make it to the PC release. There won't be forum for people to join otherwise.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »
It's completely normal considering. Posts have always slowed a lot during long update waits. Keep in mind that the 360 version is still the only one around. The 360 itself is just a zombified husk at this point. People aren't looking for, or playing 360 games to any great extent. Now we're 6 months past the final 360 update. Not exactly a recipe for great activity.

The forum traffic is still just as high as ever. But posts are slow simply because TM is the main subject, and there just isn't much TM to talk at the moment. I highly doubt the discord has anything at all to do with it. I'm fairly certain that about 80% of the members of the chat have no idea what TM is and think they're in a Minecraft server chat.

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
Also guys id just like to remind everyone of how slow we got at the point of the 1.7-1.8 wait period. it was over a year, closer to two for the update to release, and as such the forums was kinda "dying" if thats how you want to put it. The fact that most people have moved onto other consoles means that people will be unlikely to go back to the 360 specifically for one game.

Once the PC variant is released it will likely pick right back up, with even more people.
Also some people just move on :P
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 09:37:21 PM »
I still check from time to time, but with there not being much point in posting ideas or bug fixes at the moment, I'm holding off for the PC version.

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💠
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 05:49:06 AM »
I'm fairly certain that about 80% of the members of the chat have no idea what TM is and think they're in a Minecraft server chat.

Last night on the Discord, we had about 10+ Russian people join, thinking it was a Minecraft server chat. I had to explain to them countless times that we aren't a Minecraft server, but its a voxel game similar to Minecraft. I said to them all that they can stay if they liked but they all eventually left.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld