Author Topic:  Something That Needs to be Addressed(Credit Giving)  (Read 513 times)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Something That Needs to be Addressed(Credit Giving)
« on: November 01, 2016, 06:44:28 PM »
So this is something that happens then people stop caring then care again. Here we are people are talking about how they didn't get credit for something they did or did 'first'. Here is my stance on what should be and shouldn't be awarded credit.

What should be given credit.
- Any component shared to another player. (It is also the component creators job to make sure there name is somewhere in the pack to start, this is so if you share it then the person you shared it to shares it you still get credit. If the person who shares it again removes the creators name then there isn't anyway to stop them.)
- Worlds(These are simple the name of the creator is in the world statistics.)
- Scripts(This does not apply for small scripts that do things that anyone can do. This should apply only is the person copies it line for line or its a very complex script that someone altered slightly. They should still put *Originally made by: Name or something along the lines.)
- Videos(This isn't something that can be well explained cause everyone is free to do what they want but if someone has a certain video style or series. Before someone makes a 'new' series I think its important that if someone is already doing to give them a heads up as you will be possibly taking views and people away from them so that they can plan with it and not be surprised. Also the person doing the sires should credit the original creator. This shouldn't apply to things like lets plays, tutorials, and trailers.)

These are the things that should be given credit. If you think something should be changed added or removed please give reasoning. I'm open to all opinions on this subject. Anything else should be free game to anyone. Yes you can CLAIM you did it first but credit isn't needed cause its so simple anyone could have done it its not something you came up with you just thought to do it in game.

This is not to start arguments but its to set some basic principals on what should and shouldn't yield receiving credit. 

Brother Hood

• futrue army
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Something That Needs to be Addressed(Credit Giving)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:14:45 PM »
this is good, here is my question one thing the still buzzing in my head.

do I give credit to a person who stop playing the game and change his gamertag,
I got some builds of his,  he gave it to me to help me so what should I do?

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 10:38:29 PM »

Imo if they don't ask for credit then it shouldn't matter. but its up to you to properly say who made it if asked :).

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 10:44:47 PM »

From being here for 3 years and seeing absolutely no one giving credit my guess is credit there actual GT so they actually get credit because as sure the old GT has more probably popularity in the game. (Not saying there popular just all momentum they put in) but it will give them the credit apposed to it going no were.

As for the op I think it should be responsible to the creator as well if they want credit to make sure they get it. Now this is a different story for videos but maps,scripts and components you have  physically give. But if the Creator wants credit make sure they let the person but they share to know to please make sure full credit is still received. And then if they don't agree don't share. And if they do agree and break t agreement then try to get it fixed if possible. My other suggestion is if you want full credit probably would not be best if you share it to a guy you met ten minutes ago and asked can I have your map. It's just not normal. Most say they want a map for Gk. Don't take that as it's BS as they can't unlock Gk off your map. But typically people who share packs like (YT Mysterio Award pack and Crazytater94 build packs) don't typically share to get credit they share for the community to enjoy. And that also has backup credit on here as well spreaded typically around the community.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm