Author Topic:  This Little Dummy  (Read 1522 times)

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
This Little Dummy
« on: October 06, 2016, 03:39:55 PM »
This Little Dummy has been living over my porch for 10 days. It's too dumb and slow to catch any bugs. I've watched it lose over 20 bugs that have landed in its web. It thinks it's pretty with its red and brown legs and big ol' bottom. I'll continue to update you all on This Little Dummy's progress. I'm not sure if This Little Dummy is female or not. If so, I'll take pictures of its offspring. I'm not even sure if it'll ever catch enough food to live that long.

/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: Mythical Monkey
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: This Little Dummy
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 04:28:24 PM »
I can't trust you guys anymore. Dryym probably knows exactly what it is. And he would sit there playing with it. While I would go the opposite way.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 04:58:59 PM »
She's female. I'm fairly certain of it. Also, Does she have only 3 legs on the left side of her body?

I can't trust you guys anymore. Dryym probably knows exactly what it is. And he would sit there playing with it. While I would go the opposite way.
I leave web spiders alone. I mean, I occasionally feed the ones that are living in our house with ants. But otherwise I leave them alone and watch them.

I do play with jumping spiders though. They are probably one of the most docile creatures in the universe.

Fun side note, I almost accidentally said humping spiders.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 05:04:27 PM »
She's female. I'm fairly certain of it. Also, Does she have only 3 legs on the left side of her body?
No, all four on the left side are completely visible. The right side also has all four, but the third leg back is almost completely hidden. You can see the very tip of it between the third and fourth left leg.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 06:59:15 PM »
No, all four on the left side are completely visible. The right side also has all four, but the third leg back is almost completely hidden. You can see the very tip of it between the third and fourth left leg.

I think she'll be fine. I don't often see the spiders in my house with any food captured, But they have been here for months.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 07:10:07 PM »
I think it's a North American House Spider. I'm not entirely sure, though. Can you confirm or deny?

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 09:28:33 PM »
This is the first time I've genuinely felt sad for a spider. Please live on.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 09:48:43 PM »
I won't be feeding This Little Dummy. I'd like to watch a spider perform naturally. Survivial of the fittiest. There is no reason to feel sad for it, though. It has a beautiful web. Maybe if This Little Dummy stopped chasing its dream to be a web designer, and gotten a more practical job, it'd be able to feed itself by living off the land.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 01:29:22 AM »
This Little Dummy.

You put This Little Dummy in capitals at the start of every word. Does that mean you have named the poor spider? If so, it's a... Unique..Name.. :D
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 01:39:10 AM »
This Little Dummy.

You put This Little Dummy in capitals at the start of every word. Does that mean you have named the poor spider? If so, it's a... Unique..Name.. :D
That's exactly what I've done. I've named it This Little Dummy. Because This Little Dummy is too dumb to catch big dumb bugs, like beetles and earwigs.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 01:40:47 AM »
This Little Dummy.

That's exactly what I've done. I've named it This Little Dummy. Because This Little Dummy is too dumb to catch big dumb bugs, like beetles and earwigs.

Ahh,

And so it began...
The legand of This Little Dummy..

lol

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 08:15:44 AM »
I won't be feeding This Little Dummy. I'd like to watch a spider perform naturally. Survivial of the fittiest. There is no reason to feel sad for it, though. It has a beautiful web. Maybe if This Little Dummy stopped chasing its dream to be a web designer, and gotten a more practical job, it'd be able to feed itself by living off the land.

Well, I feed the little cobweb spiders around my house occasionally for a couble of reasons.

1: I love watching them perform.
2: I don't like ants in the house.

Also, Stop saying it. You can find out her gender super easily if you don't trust my judgement because you are there.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 11:23:11 AM »

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 06:17:04 AM »
This Little Dummy caught a food. I'd take a picture, but it's dark out. I think it's a brown marmorated stink bug. Can't tell. It's wrapped up in spider butt-string. It might live after all.

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 06:23:40 AM »
Because he's the Spider PwrBttn deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So he'll watch him him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a killer. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A little dummy.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas