Poll

which one

GTA 5
2 (25%)
GTA San Andreas
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic:  which gta would you rather see?  (Read 804 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
which gta would you rather see?
« on: October 01, 2016, 08:08:58 PM »
so this was one of the ideas i came up with that i would maybe do once my zombie map is done,being that we'll probably have a few months between 360 and pc,and i wanted to have something to do in between,This would prob be completed on pc being how much space this would require to do this,but idk what one i should do

GTA San Andreas:if i did this one,then i feel it would be somewhat more simple,and theres not many textures to stuff,so the buildings would go by alot faster to build,where idk if there is but there would be more buildings to explore....or maybe not idk,not that it would matter as much,and alot of people know about the game or played it growing up

GTA 5:has alot more details and is alot better looking.allthough theres not 2 or 3 cities like san andreas,its still bigger i think

post your opinions on whatever one youd like to see and maybe i might do a gta map next....or maybe not idk

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
Re: which gta would you rather see?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 08:11:43 PM »
Well, technically speaking, San Andreas has more to it because GTA 5 cut out Flint county, San Fierro, Las Venturas, etc. I prefer San Andreas. More fun and things to build. GTA 5 just tries to keep TOO much to real-life L.A. :P

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 08:42:05 PM »
Idk man. San Andreas' buildings actually have quite a bit of detail. You saw part of San Fierro that I've half stopped working on, and those buildings all look quite nice given the extra detail that they deserved. Either one you pick, you'd have to really scale down everything, or leave out some less important areas.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 09:03:58 PM »
Are the interiors planned on being added?
-Alionz

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 09:24:05 PM »
my biggest problem or thing that ima have trouble figuring out,is what height should i start at,where would be the best place to begin building?being that the game just doesnt start off on flat land,being theres mountains going up really high,and then there's the ocean down  below....where if you remove land or chunks,then id imagine that it would boost the mb up alot....allthough theres the sky map,if i start the map off too high or too low,then i might run into problems later on while im building

so idk what height to begin at or what level would be safe

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 09:25:46 PM »
well,the thing with gta is,unless its san andreas where you have the burglar missions(which im sorta leaning towards) most buildings are unaccessable

if i do a gta map then id do as many interiors as i can,but whos to say that i cant make my own stuff

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 09:31:26 PM »
my biggest problem or thing that ima have trouble figuring out,is what height should i start at,where would be the best place to begin building?...
Find the lowest point of the ocean your going to build, that is your lowest point.
well,the thing with gta is,unless its san andreas where you have the burglar missions(which im sorta leaning towards) most buildings are unaccessable

if i do a gta map then id do as many interiors as i can,but whos to say that i cant make my own stuff
I asked the question due to in GTA V, buildings have a smooth transition (no loading). In GTA SA, they are loaded in, and essentially separated from the remainder of the world, making it easier to build them as you would not be restricted by the building size.
-Alionz

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 06:00:13 AM »
so as far as

im looking up various mods online for san andreas,and i saw this
http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=25056

i think theres a few other ways of getting in some places,but if this lets you get in many of the buildings inside,then i possibly might do san andreas.as bland as it looks compared to gta5,theres alot that could be done from just interior stuff,where like i said before,if you did the burgular mission and froze the time at midnight,then it allowed you to explore hundreds of houses,even though alot of them were redone,it still was pretty cool

Edit:ive been trying to install a mod sucessfully for a few hours now but have been unsucessful.theres 2 mods atleast thatd let u enter unreachable buildings,so ima try my best to figure out how to do it
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:21:21 AM by flash »

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 03:21:29 AM »
I would recommend doing your own thing. Both GTA games are way too big to fit on the current map size. But if you make your own modern city using some of the businesses and landmarks from the GTA series, you could make something unique that pays homage to the originals.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas