Author Topic:  "Through The Ages" tournament! $10 prize!!  (Read 4096 times)

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: "Through The Ages" tournament! $10 prize!!
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2016, 01:13:31 PM »
I'm just curious what you guys would prefer for a prize

I'd suggest having both as an option, And letting the winner choose. Buy it after the contest, And just state that there will be a delay.

Most people here aren't going to give out their address (I don't exactly want you to come to my house and shove a potato down my throat.), And even more aren't allowed to. So I think if the prize was only a TM shirt with no alternative, You wouldn't get as much of a turnout as you would if you did a multiple choice thing (Steam Gift Card, Xbox Card, PSN Card, TM Shirt, Etc.)

It's a good idea, But I think the choice would be the best.

You can shove a potato down my throat if you want ::)
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2016, 01:28:36 PM »
For the shirt, I believe that lobo was trying to set up something where you give your address to Bob, and it gets shipped to you. I'm not sure on the details, but he would be the one that would recieve your info, since he'd be the best source for that

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2016, 06:46:09 PM »
For the shirt, I believe that lobo was trying to set up something where you give your address to Bob, and it gets shipped to you. I'm not sure on the details, but he would be the one that would recieve your info, since he'd be the best source for that
I'm keen on that Total Miner Vneck, but I agree with Dryym. A choice seems best. Just buy it after the winner is chosen.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2016, 04:17:26 AM »

I'd suggest having both as an option, And letting the winner choose. Buy it after the contest, And just state that there will be a delay.

Most people here aren't going to give out their address (I don't exactly want you to come to my house and shove a potato down my throat.), And even more aren't allowed to. So I think if the prize was only a TM shirt with no alternative, You wouldn't get as much of a turnout as you would if you did a multiple choice thing (Steam Gift Card, Xbox Card, PSN Card, TM Shirt, Etc.)

This. A large number of TM players are young, I wouldn't want to be giving out my address to someone if never met, no way hosť! I say, anything that can be sent by messages will be suitable - Google play, iTunes, Xbox, steam, PSN etc. Cards are the way to go.
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2016, 08:18:08 AM »

This. A large number of TM players are young, I wouldn't want to be giving out my address to someone if never met, no way hosť! I say, anything that can be sent by messages will be suitable - Google play, iTunes, Xbox, steam, PSN etc. Cards are the way to go.

Just not credit cards ::) lol
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2016, 04:39:28 PM »
Relax.you guys are making this more of a deal than this actually has to be

Sure no one doesn't want ppl online to know to where they live,but you're being too scared about this because:
Bob didn't care whatsoever about you or your personal life and where you live,nor does he has a reason to.also you do realize that your ip Adress is logged on the forums,so him,or pretty much any mod,which is craig or tom,if they really cared to,they could look up your exact location  using the ip Adress that you're in..and if they wanted to they could find out a lot more from the ip Adress given if they really wanted to dig further such as pers info or stuff from your internet provider,Ect
But will they do that or care to?ofcorse not lol they have no reason to

Also with Tate....he wouldn't care less about where you live or has a reason to.yoyre trying to say that you think he's going to do something sneaky just bcs you gave him a shipping Adress for a prize you won from his contest with money he earned or spent on you?maybe you should question joining any of his future contests if you really do t trust him

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2016, 12:25:47 AM »
Relax.you guys are making this more of a deal than this actually has to be

Sure no one doesn't want ppl online to know to where they live,but you're being too scared about this because:
Bob didn't care whatsoever about you or your personal life and where you live,nor does he has a reason to.also you do realize that your ip Adress is logged on the forums,so him,or pretty much any mod,which is craig or tom,if they really cared to,they could look up your exact location  using the ip Adress that you're in..and if they wanted to they could find out a lot more from the ip Adress given if they really wanted to dig further such as pers info or stuff from your internet provider,Ect
But will they do that or care to?ofcorse not lol they have no reason to

Also with Tate....he wouldn't care less about where you live or has a reason to.yoyre trying to say that you think he's going to do something sneaky just bcs you gave him a shipping Adress for a prize you won from his contest with money he earned or spent on you?maybe you should question joining any of his future contests if you really do t trust him
I agree with you, but I should just point out, so as to stop from the rumour being perpetuated, that you can't find out someone's location through an IP address.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail