Author Topic:  A robots chance in castlevania  (Read 1177 times)

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
A robots chance in castlevania
« on: September 15, 2016, 04:16:51 AM »
So 'Robotic' is officially locked...

I hoped for a DD map contest, but either I missed it or one didn't occur. I could accept losing a shot in a contest, but to never have had a chance is frustrating. Yeah, I could have entered another contest, but DD is what I do best. And I figured it as my best opportunity to win. Robotic would've been invaluable in my world as AoF's cost nearly a mil. On a side note, I recently hanged (and banned) a robotic user for using the exploit to get through locked doors. So if you come to my world, you have been warned! Or to put it another way;

001101110010000111101010011011100000101111110001!

Lamentfully,

The Rev.

P.S. Hoping for a miracle...
Focus determines reality...

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: A robots chance in castlevania
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:38:07 AM »
01110101001000000111011101100001011101000010000001100010011100100110111100111111

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 07:11:05 AM »
Guys, I understand binary numbers...

I do not understand binary text...

On a side note, I was using Robo to get places I shouldn't have been too. You never banned me. XD

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 07:18:24 AM »

On a side note, I was using Robo to get places I shouldn't have been too. You never banned me. XD
Im pretty sure Craig said "u wat bro", no idea about rev's XD

On a side note, im not sure how a robotic dig deep contest would work, not many plausible ideas that are exclusive  to DD.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 07:22:53 AM »
01110101001000000111011101100001011101000010000001100010011100100110111100111111
Lol! That made my day. I really don't know binary... Mine translated to;
"7!�n �".
This was what yours said I think; "u wat d���". IDK, using a translator.

You heeded my warning. They didn't... TY

Im pretty sure Craig said "u wat bro", no idea about rev's XD

On a side note, im not sure how a robotic dig deep contest would work, not many plausible ideas that are exclusive  to DD.
I imagined a contest measuring apparent effort and content, if that makes sense. DD is difficult to thrive in as a hosted map.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:24:44 AM by Rev Elevenclaw »

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 07:29:13 AM »
I imagined a contest measuring apparent effort and content, if that makes sense. DD is difficult to thrive in as a hosted map.
There has been map related robotic contests in the past, but they did not discriminate between maps, and im not sure why it would seeming only difference between building in theese modes is amount of time.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 07:47:06 AM »
There has been map related robotic contests in the past, but they did not discriminate between maps, and im not sure why it would seeming only difference between building in theese modes is amount of time.
Seriously?! Have you played DD? It takes a far greater level of patience, skill, and creativity, to even attempt what people do in creative mode. And yes, much time... I have worked on and been hosting the same map for almost 3 years, on and off.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 08:03:14 AM »
...It takes a far greater level of patience, skill, and creativity, to even attempt what people do in creative mode...
In terms of only building (nothing technical), what? Patience seems to be the only difference between the two game modes.
-Alionz

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 11:04:30 AM »
Have you seen Grubby? Or YS's city, or Diamondback Freeland, or nexraptus?

I mean yes it is difficult but entirely possible without the robotic avatar, just take a bit of time.until you start making a fair amount of money.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 11:11:08 AM »
Have you seen Grubby? Or YS's city, or Diamondback Freeland, or nexraptus?

I mean yes it is difficult but entirely possible without the robotic avatar, just take a bit of time.until you start making a fair amount of money.

I mean, He's been playing on this map for 3 years, I think.

I am pretty sure he has taken a bit of time seeing how much he has done so far.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 01:34:23 PM »
Seriously?! Have you played DD? It takes a far greater level of patience, skill, and creativity, to even attempt what people do in creative mode. And yes, much time... I have worked on and been hosting the same map for almost 3 years, on and off.

The only thing it takes is slightly more patience. It does not really require any extra skill or creativity. The only thing extra that you need to creatively do in Dig Deep that you wouldn't need to do in Creative is build scaffolding around your builds higher up to continue building easily. Everything else is the same except minor annoyances such as constantly having to refill your inventory with the blocks you need. Later on mining isn't even a problem as you can easily make enough money to buy everything you need.

And yes, I've played Dig Deep. A lot.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »
Played Dig Deep. Made a modern city. What did I learn? I need patience, which I was able to get. Flight Amulet is an overpriced piece of junk anyways. Spider Rings are what I used when I fell.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »
When I say skill and creativity, I mean in terms of ingenuity. Some blocks are rare or extremely expensive, like uranium for example. So using multi texture blocks instead of trying to raise millions for a large build. And skill because skills are enabled in my world. So you need to 'skill' intelligently. Sure I could make buttons all day for crafting, but chiseling stone is much better. And more profitable. I make or mine most of what I use to build, I never cheat either. I have spent hours just figuring out what to make for max xp vs cost/profit. I usually resort to smithing diamonds into swords into ruby swords. Great xp and profit. Really though, anyone who believes DD is as easy as creative is fooling themselves. Go to any creative build and then try to reproduce it on DD and see how far you get.

P.S. Not trying to offend anyone, simply my opinion.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 06:17:16 PM »
I mean... I make sure my builds will look nice in DD by building them in Creative. Sure some blocks are expensive, but paraphrasing what you said, there are substitutable blocks. Only Titanium I ever used as building blocks was for a small memorial structure. Uranium I've never used. Money is easy to make, as Titanium mining will always be my go to.

I do whole heartedly agree that building in Dig Deep is much more difficult than Creative, but meh, I don't see a reason for a limiting contest like that.