Poll

If you joined, are you having fun on this Role Play?

Yes!
3 (60%)
No!
1 (20%)
Sort of...
1 (20%)
I like it, but I think it needs this...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic:  ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]  (Read 5941 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
Re: ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 08:02:59 PM »
(UPDATE) Okay, apparently the clever little picture I put underneath Character Creation seems to confuse some of you. It's just there as a sort of play on genre's of Role Plays. Like a play on words, no one needs to do any Die rolls. lol I will remove it so as not to confuse anymore folks. :D

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 07:18:51 PM »
ℵ~Alruane~ℵ

The day was rather breezy, cool yet had subtle hints of sunshine and heat. It was not something unaccustomed to the forests nature, which, was always pleasant. It's almost as if it knew what you wanted to feel, or drew off your emotions. It adjusted to that accordingly, or it simply did as it pleased. It was just another passing fancy, another ideological theory that Al usually went with.

Typically speaking, Al used his theories on almost anything he had even a slight inkling of. Any particular interest, he used a theory of what he did known of it's nature. And most of the time, he was right about it. But Sylac Forest...hardly. This forest would be, and is, the greatest mystery to Al.

In all his years of studying, traveling, and taking in wonder...this place was by far the biggest enigma ever to his theories. But, he loved coming back here and he loved traveling it's massive land. Every time he came through he always saw something new that he did not see on his last journey. For example, it was his fault the Crystal Caves even have a whereabout! That aside, he always had his favorite place to study and drink his favorite drink - Celtington's famous Soren Tavern.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:31:11 PM by Jack Of Shades »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 07:21:32 PM »

Fun fact, In looking for the portrait, I found both Jack, And PWR's portraits.

Also, While the Biography stuff was narrated from the 3rd person, I will be telling my story from Drak's POV.[/color]

I can tell ya where I got that picture! He was one of my favorite NPC's from the Baldur's Gate series: Edwin Odesseiron The guy was totally insane at times, but very much an interesting character!

Not to worry! Tell the story from any point of view you'd like. I am not picky!  ^-^

Tom Snow

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners 3 years on site+600 posts I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 02:58:53 PM »
Will delete this post after it is answered

I'm confused on when I give input in this, usually the story teller/game master adds scenario and prompts players for there input.

Could you explain this to me?

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 03:31:13 PM »

I'm confused on when I give input in this, usually the story teller/game master adds scenario and prompts players for there input.

I believe it's like the other Role Play topic, and sort of like the one I tried to do... that didn't seem to take off. Basically, just tell your character's story in the world that Jack presented. I'm about to do mine. It takes a similar format as from Jack's post.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »
(My role play entries will most likely take place as journal entries. I'm going to experiment occasionally to see what I like most, though.)

Day 238
     Dear Journal

It's been four days now I've been stuck in the middle of nowhere in Sylac Forest... It's enjoyable to remove myself from the hustle and bustle of townplace environments, though. That said, I'm quite hungry for a leg of lamb. Especially after today's events. I figure I'll jot the happenings down before I settle in for my nightly respite.

So this morning was quite miserable. I woke up rather abruptly to the sound of what I thought was my snoring, turns out it was the sound of the branch I was sleeping on cracking beneath me. I quickly untied my coat from the branch, as I had used it to keep from falling while I sleep. I was too slow, unfortunately. The branch came crashing to the ground from about four or five metres up. I wasn't long to follow. The impact against the ground had crushed my flute and tore the skin off of my drum. Needless to say, I was quite livid. I'll omit the foul language that ensued...

I wandered for about an hour trying to find a small rabbit and a handful of berries. I managed the berries, but no rabbit. In attempt to cast an illusion spell on myself, it went awry quickly. I couldn't bare simply eating JUST berries for much longer, so I tried to fool myself into tasting meat. The spell made the berries taste worse, and I wretched my entire breakfast up. There's something to learn from that, but I simply don't want to admit it... I shouldn't have cast a spell I haven't put much practice into. I still taste that miserable encantation...

By midday, I had been heading North for two hours... or maybe South... I'll never get into town at this rate. I don't even remember which direction I left town from. Wait... I do! I left from the East side of town into the clearing half a mile out. Then I took a left because there was a deer to the right... So... North! I followed Chriil for a while... AH! Thank you Journal, I'll be back!...

Day 239
     Dear Journal

I would take more time to write, but I don't want to lose time getting back!

Day 240
     Dear Journal

I would take more time to write, but I don't want to lose time getting back!

Day 241
     Dear Journal

So... I thought I knew the way back... I don't. I'm even more lost. My legs hurt. I'm blaming Chriil for this...
*footprints with ink across the page*

At this rate I won't have enough ink to write these. Chriil just made a mess of most of a page. Well... I want to preserve ink in case I have to go longer in the wild.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 06:06:34 PM »

This is an active-character Role Play. Basically, like PWR and myself are doing, you can present your characters story as you see fit. I merely provide the setting for you to do so. It's a creative form of Role Play, like what PWR mentioned. There is no stat's or treasure or any goals. Simply write what comes to mind, whatever your character is doing, saying, or thinking. If you're not comfortable with it, that is fine. Just sit back and observe until you see a way to come in, or you feel comfortable enough to take part. You may also interact with others, if you can find them. Whatever you want! Within some limitations. xD

Tom Snow

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners 3 years on site+600 posts I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 03:51:08 AM »
This is an active-character Role Play. Basically, like PWR and myself are doing, you can present your characters story as you see fit. I merely provide the setting for you to do so. It's a creative form of Role Play, like what PWR mentioned. There is no stat's or treasure or any goals. Simply write what comes to mind, whatever your character is doing, saying, or thinking. If you're not comfortable with it, that is fine. Just sit back and observe until you see a way to come in, or you feel comfortable enough to take part. You may also interact with others, if you can find them. Whatever you want! Within some limitations. xD

I'm new to this style of RP, so be patient with me if I'm slow to produce my characters story or only write a small paragraph. I will remove the posts if you want or I can leave them just PM me your decision.

(smacks you)

Tom Snow

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 04:24:03 AM »
Story of Two Face
The Witch of Celtington contract - Part 1

It was sunset by the time Two face reached the town of Celtington, The heavens had opened midday and the rainfall showed no sign of relief. Arriving to what was a busling town by day, lay dormant and silent by the evening. Each house locked and boarded tightly with the only light coming from the tavern by the crossroads in the centre of town. The sight of small warding charms hanging and salt freshly spread across the doorways and window frames made Two face briskly aware he had arrived in the right place.

For now he would head to the tavern for a drink and find a place to rest his weary head after a long day.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 04:31:17 AM by Tom »

(smacks you)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 08:30:17 AM »
It was a stormy day in Celtington, A rather odd place as far as I'm concerned. For try as i may, i cannot find a Thieves' market, Nor can i find anyone else who has taken up the art that I've dedicated my life to.
Luckily for me, My looks don't raise any suspicion. Due to the strange variety of Coin-Bags around here, A man in a black hood, And black leather armour standing in the shadows is pretty much the norm.

So here i stand in the Celtington Tavern, Watching the "people" who enter and leave. The Wealthy, Stupid types are easily readable, And even easier to relieve of their coin...

Speak of the Devil, Here's one now, A shorter man, Wearing a hat and keeping his nose in a book.
-------------
After a while of watching him, He decided to get up and leave. I followed him out of the tavern, And after using a simple Soft Touch Spell, I relieved him of but one of his pouches, As he seems to have had a bad day, And i do not need much at the moment.
-------------
I decide to go sit somewhere and create some more arrows, As i am running low from a chance encounter with one of the many beasts of the forest. I pull out a shaft from my quiver, And a Dragon scale out from my pouch, And get to work.

Before i can get five arrows done, A tall man comes up to me and speaks.

"Those are some fine Dragon Scales you have there. From a dragon that was alive at the time you got them."

He says as i keep working.

"If you don't mind me asking, How did you obtain such a large amount of them?"

Now i have to talk to him, Don't i?
In the Dragon tongue i say

"If you can get past the trust barrier of the normally secretive Dragons, And show them you are alike, Then they may deem you worthy of a few of their scales, Either that, Or try to kill you anyway. I tend to stay away from those kinds though."

From the look he gives me, I not only know that he understands me, But he believes me too.

"Would you perhaps lend me a few scales, The scales of a live dragon have great magical and alchemical purpose."

He says also in the Dragon tongue.

After a moment of deliberation, I take five more scales out of my pouch, And give the tall man the rest.

"You must either be a good friend to this dragon, Or not realize the true worth of these scales if you give them up so easily."

He says in a rather surprised tone.

"I am friends with her, Her name is Dravynoloviir, And i do know their worth, I know from looking at you that you will make better use of them.

With that, He thanks me, And leaves, As i get back to work..

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 08:39:28 AM »
So, I'm not one for short posts. Lol I'm imagining that PWR's story took place before everyone else's story, Since it's journal entries, Time scale is weird, But i imagine in the tavern he was writing about what happened since he got more ink. I'd imagine me and Jack are very good at reading people (For different reasons) And i am not a heartless thief, But i do steal, And enjoy stealing, Which can effect anyone in the RP.

Also, Would there be any point in me getting Lock Picks via the BlackSmith or me making them myself? Do people have proper locks, Or do they just bar up houses?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 11:23:26 AM »

Day 242
     Dear Journal

Very little ink. Very hungry. I miss people...
*A dark liquid has seeped through from a later page*

Day 243
     Dear Journal

Very littl
*The message stops as if the inkwell had run dry*
*A dark liquid has seeped through from a later page*

Day 245
     Dear Journal

REJOICE! I found a footpath in the forest! I followed it in one direction for about sixteen hours. Chriil slept most of the time... lazy creature.
*footprints with ink sprawl across the rest of the page*
I regret teaching that rodent to read... In any case, I'm back in Celtington. With ink to write with. It was miserable to have to skip a day of writing... Granted, nothing eventful besides the dicovery of the footpath happened. On my way into town there was plenty of rain. Quite stormy. I'll wait for the rain to let up at least a bit before I go.

I bought a room in a tavern. I've been enjoying a black ale for an hour or two now. I bought a leg of lamb, as well. I'm quite exhausted after my eleven day "vacation" in the forest of Sylac. I've got plenty of thoughts I'd like to scrawl upon these pages, but I can't put them in words. I'm still quite livid about the entire ordeal.

There's a few characters in here that are making me uneasy. An Orc at the counter is getting rowdy. The two old Elves at the table across from me seem like a couple of bigots. "This forest belongs to the Fae!" "Humans are filth!" "Those worthless Gnomes and Dwarves are impure!" "Bartender! Get me another black ale!"... Well... That's one I could get behind.

There's this human in the corner... I've seen him grab a few coinpurses. Spells, he uses. Illusionary. I'm not comfortable with him. I'm going to head out of here after I finish my drink.

My day has to get better. I can't seriously deserve these awful
*a dark liquid has been spilt across the middle of the page*

I'm sorry Journal. I didn't intend to do that. It soiled a few previous pages. How miserable. I'm heading out for a walk. Fortunately the rain has died down to a light shower by now.

Day 246
     Dear Journal

Trying to get back in the motion of writing each evening. I'm not in a very good mood. I went to buy a new flute, turns out I've only got one coinpurse left. Strange... I don't remember drinking that much last night. Oh well...

I think I'll head into the tavern this evening and play a song on my lyre. It's a decent night for "Owl Parade" written and composed by yours truly.

I saw Alruane yesterday. He seemed to have a few strange discs on hand. I should talk to him again. The last time I had a conversation with him was... oh... a year or so ago.

The patrons of the tavern seem to enjoy my music. I've earned about four gold and eighty silver tonight. I should probably head to the general market to pick up a fl

Day 247
     Dear Journal

Sorry Journal, Alruane walked in. I decided to have a bit of a chat with him. He taught me a new story to add to my collection. It's about a beautiful sorceress by the name Lady Erulla and a king by the name Lucard. She cursed his bloodline for being pigheaded and taking her beauty away.

Well, today was spent doing basically nothing. I bought a new flute. I can't get a proper drum around here it seems. So I went back to the tavern, played a few songs, drank a couple steins, and listened to some folks' stories.

That's all for now. I'll try and do something interesting tomorrow. Maybe I'll cause some trouble.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:43:28 AM by PWRBTTN »

Tom Snow

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 12:17:12 PM »
Story of Two Face
The Witch of Celtington contract - Part 2

Two face stumbled into the tavern, water droplets dripping from his leather overcoat on to the wooden floor boards. He slammed the wooden door shut behind him, keeping out the whistling wind and awakening the patrons of the tavern from there drunken slumber.

He approached the Tavern keeper and began to speak.
"Flagon of Ale and a room for the night, keep"

"Do ya 'av the coin for that stranger?" questioned the keep

"My pocket bares no coin keep, but I have this" responded Two face as he unrolled a scroll with the seal of the Mayor of Celtington.

"Says 'ere I must give yee shelter and propa feed and that I will, but I'll not stand for any trouble in this here tavern" stated the keep in a harsh tone "You understand that outsider?"

"I understand" replied Two face pulling down his hood revealing his facial features previously shadowed.

The keeps face dropped in recognition of the disfigured face of the creature that stood before him. Two face left the company of the keep and sat by the open fire slurping his ale away from the other tavern patrons.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:25:15 PM by TomBot »

(smacks you)

Tom Snow

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 05:52:18 PM »
Story of Two Face
The Witch of Celtington contract - Part 3

Two Face woke up shivering in the night, there was a chill in the air and out the window a mist could be seen laying on the ground. The peaceful silence was broken when the wailing of a woman could be heard in the distance.

Questioning himself Two face began to wondered
"Could the wailing be that of a banshee, they are know to wail before someone dies?"

He clambered to his feet and began searching his satchel for a Flint and tinder to light a candle.
After a few strikes a spark ignited the wick of the candle and the flickering light illuminated the room. After taking time to prepare himself Two face left his room branding his sword in one hand and a candle in the other. The light from the candle flooded into hallway of the second floor of the tavern fighting back the darkness.He slowly paced down the hallway, Knocking on the doors of his patrons on the way to the lobby of the tavern. A fire brewer in the fireplace of the lobby spitting ash and crackling this is where he would wait to see if they would join him to investigate the wailing.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:34:28 PM by Tom »

(smacks you)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 05:53:07 PM »
So, I'm not one for short posts. Lol I'm imagining that PWR's story took place before everyone else's story, Since it's journal entries, Time scale is weird, But i imagine in the tavern he was writing about what happened since he got more ink. I'd imagine me and Jack are very good at reading people (For different reasons) And i am not a heartless thief, But i do steal, And enjoy stealing, Which can effect anyone in the RP.

Also, Would there be any point in me getting Lock Picks via the BlackSmith or me making them myself? Do people have proper locks, Or do they just bar up houses?
Whichever fits the story. If you wish to purchase them, go for it. If you are proficient in crafting them then go for that.  And yes, they do lock their doors. If you have ever played Baldur's Gate it's like Waukeens Promenade (Or Waterdeep). If you have ever played Skyrim, it's akin to Riften or Windhelm. Very large sprawling city. It's still a town, but considered a large city by most standards.