Poll

If you joined, are you having fun on this Role Play?

Yes!
3 (60%)
No!
1 (20%)
Sort of...
1 (20%)
I like it, but I think it needs this...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic:  ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]  (Read 6491 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]
« on: September 13, 2015, 07:00:04 PM »

-Setting & Story
-Rules
-Character Layout
-Bestiary

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:25:04 PM by Jack Of Shades »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »
Sylac's Forest

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 07:05:49 PM »
The Setting...

~The Sylac Forest:These are the main area's of the land in which this story takes place, all places are inside this forest. It is a large forest of mythical proportions and no creature human or other has seen it all.

~Old Ruins:These are where a once great kingdom stood thousands of year's ago. Now it is but a mythical reminder of the past days of ancient times, many a traveler, mage, or treasure hunter have come to these ruins seeking fortune and knowledge. These lie in the Southern part of the forest.

~Celtington:This is the main village of the Sylac forest, there are tavern's, Inn's, shops, and blacksmith's along with the houses of the few Celtington natives. This is quite a peaceful village and has been for centuries. The forest itself is supposed to be inhabited with the spirits of nature and other mythical beings that keep it safe. Celtington is on the North East side of the forest.

~The Great Aquatical: This lake is the largest and deepest lake in the whole area of Sylac. It is said to actually inhabit an underwater town of mythical sea beings but no one can confirm it. Many think it is connected to an ocean, but it was made centuries ago after a battle between two Hierarchy mages made a large crater in the center of Sylac Forest. Some say you can still see their spirits battle over the lake in the dead of night on full moons. You may find this location on the North Western point, a body of water runs off from this lake into the ocean.

~The Crystal Caves:These caves lie deep within the forest of Sylac and are inhabited by nefarious creatures of the forest. Inside is magical crystals as beautiful as ever seen that possess magical energies capable of mythical proportions. Many a mage, or wizard, have come to these caves to prove themselves by getting their own crystal and making a wizard staff. Beware...the caves are filled with evil things that do not like unwelcome guests. The location of the caves is in the South Western region of the forest.

~Ralssenadlus:This great and hidden city lies deep within the forest, it is primarily Elven with a few exceptions. There are two human mage's there that have qualified to help defend the kingdom from outside evil. They have proved to be trustworthy as well as powerful. This town is only accessed by invitation from the king or by elven royal blood. Their city lies in the Mid-Western region of the forest, almost entirely in the middle. But don't let that fool you into believing it's easy to find.

~Grans Port:Grans Port is a large fishing city, and a very reputable (if not notorious) trade port. Many ships dock here carrying goods, sometimes pirates and mercenary ships find their way here too. The town is almost split between two distinct sections, one is filled with very wealthy folk, beautiful homes, shops, taverns, etc. The other side, is seedier and has a large criminal element to it. Local law and the lords of Grans Port keep law and order within the nicer side of town. The other side is left to rot and decay, as it is there are folks of ill-repute and other establishments to venture to on that side. Grans Port lies on the Eastern Coast not but a few days journey from Celtington.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:56:52 PM by Jack Of Shades »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 07:17:54 PM »
ℵ~Rules~ℵ
1. I own this role play. That mean's if you are to break any rules I shall warn you and if you do so again I will let you know you're out.

2. Do not Kill another player unless you ask permission to.

3.This is a mythical Rp set nowhere near the time of Guns, electronics, phones or anything electronic or otherwise modern to date.

4.Do not invent towns or village's for the role play, stick with the ones I put up.

5. Rules may change at anytime and I have the right to do so, so please check back every once in a while.

6.This is a LONGTERM ROLEPLAY so do not join unless that is what you are looking for. Meaning, don't play for a week then drop. Unless you let us know first.

7.Conflict and plot intrigue are encouraged.

8.Please post more than one line, PLEASE!! I understand writer's block but try to do something at least.

9.If you do not post in the role play after 3-4 days your character will be removed, unless stated otherwise.

10. Just post your character in the topic whenever you are done editing their information.

11. HAVE FUN!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:09:36 PM by Jack Of Shades »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »
ℵ~Character Layout~ℵ

Forum Name:
Character Name:
Race:
Class:
Short Biography:
Personality Traits:
Powers:
Weapons:
Portrait: (Optional)

Code: [Select]
[color=xxx][b]Forum Name[/b]:
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Sex[/b]:
[b]Race[/b]:
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Short Biography[/b]:
[b]Personality Traits[/b]:
[b]Powers[/b]:
[b]Weapons[/b]:
[b]Portrait[/b]: [/color]

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 08:04:13 PM by Jack Of Shades »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 07:23:17 PM »
Bestiary

Knoll- Humanoid wolf

Bugbear-Humanoid bear

Kobolds-Humanoid Hyena

Goblins

Wyverns-Smaller reptilian creatures related to dragons.

Wood Nymph- Appear as small girls with slight spot of green on them and leaves growing from there air and legs.

Trolls- Larger Goblin humanoid creatures only killed by acid or fire.

Ogre- large humanoid's loosely related to giants

Wraiths- Damned souls of the netherworld found around the Old Ruins

Dragons

Gnomes- Small mischievous creatures loosely related to dwarves in appearence

Lich- Undead wizards that have used magic to unnaturally elongate there lives to learn more magic.

Beholders-Floating eye tyrants as they are called are basically a giant orb with tons of eyes all over its body and a gapping mouth with razor sharp teeth. It spits out death rays from its main eye on it face above the mouth.

Giants- Large humanoids that are siad to be decendants of the gods capable of incredible feats of strength.

Centaur-Half human half horse

Minotaur-Humanoid bull

Mephit- An impish elemental bat

Pixies-Small magical humanoid like creatures

Kraken-A mythical creature said to inhabit deep waters of the ocean but has somehow migrated to the Great Aquatical.

Treant- Magical tree's said to be older then the forest itself and capable of having human-like features within its own bark, capable of speaking to other sentient beings.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »
RESERVED 1.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 07:26:24 PM »
RESERVED 2.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 07:28:43 PM »
ℵ~Begin..~ℵ

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 08:00:48 PM »
Forum Name: Jack Of Shades
Character Name: Alruane Valrona Aka The wanderer Aka Jack Of Shades.
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class: Mage/Sage/Scholar
Short Biography: Alruane The wanderer, as he is called, was born to rather middle class parents. His life was never without anything good, he was very much a happy child and had a good life. His parents gave birth to two children: Alruane Valrona, and his brother Jon Valrona, whom later became the Bard of legends and lore. Alruane's history is never fully understood, most ask and he tells them, but the story changes from person to person. Most of them are fantastic tales of his life thus far, others are tragedies he has seen or been through in his life. Many folks think of him as his brother, not only a mage of some repute but a well rounded bard. Very much a storyteller most never know his true past or how he got to where he is today. Perhaps one day he may put down on paper his thoughts and feelings of his past life, until then he remains in the present.
Personality Traits: Very Jovial at times, a storyteller of a sorts, very kind to those he deems "acceptable", polite to women, wiser than most that are thrice his age. He tends to have a strong weakness for herbs and gardens when he isn't out adventuring.
Powers: The uncanny ability to wield most magics with at least a moderate inkling of control, very good at rune spelling and crafting, and is himself a writer, sage, and alchemist.
Weapons: draíocht
Portrait:

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners 3 years on site+600 posts I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »
Work in progress

Forum Name: Tom
Character Name: Two Face
Race: Troll/Human Half-caste
Class: Witch Hunter
Short Biography: Born in to the world as result of Dark magic gone a foul, Two face spends his existence hunting those who practice the arts.
Personality Traits: Two Face earned his name due to his physical and mental attributes. His facial features show a mix of both troll and human features with both genes fighting to be dominant. Two Face also has split personality disorder at times swapping between a grumpy hermit and a menacing practical joker.
Powers: Stone Skin: When Two face is exposed to sunlight his flesh that is of troll turns to stone thus providing him more protection yet hindering his agility.
Tracker: As a hunter Two face has experience tracking targets as well as impeccable navigation skills.
Weapons: A sword of Silver, A sword of Iron, A Crossbow with arrangement of bolts and a Pouch of ailments (Salt,Garlic,Belladonna etc)
Portrait: (Optional)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:56:04 PM by Tom »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 02:32:39 AM »

Forum Name: PWRBTTN
Character Name: Ychthirillius (Yik-thir-I-liuss)
Race: Gnome
Class: Minstrel/Bard/Entertainer/Orator
Short Biography: Born and raised in the Sylac Forest, Ychthirillius has been intrigued by the stories told by the Jack of Shades. So intrigued, that he has decided to explore the Sylac Forest in search of his own tales to tell until he collects the funds to open an oratorium. Ychthirillius' "Fantastical Storiums Oratorium" will house all of the world's greatest orators with stories to tell from all over.
Personality Traits: Loves hats, loves stories, loves adventure. Does not like animals (unless they're rodents). Has a pet field mouse, Chriil (Shrill). Clever, great memory, great orator. Able to get out of many situations with simply conversing.
Powers: Illusionary spells, mostly. Especially good at charm spells. He's been doing them since he was a wee gnome cub.
Weapons: Sharpened stick with an illusionary enchantment bound to it in order to make it look like a longsword.
Portrait:
Ychthirillius (yes, it's a generic Gnome... but it fits the bill)

Ychthrillius' favourite hat (All Gnomes love hats, it's like why Humans like oxygen)

*I don't know how to resize images... If I did, I'd make my gnome smaller so that he wasn't so obtrusive.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:53:30 AM by PWRBTTN »
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 05:06:54 PM »

I've got a few pounds of dice, so I decided to dig out my D20 and roll my stats... Turns out that luck was no entirely on my side, but I decided to... "roll"... with it...

AB score |   AB mod   
STR:       4     |      -3
DEX:      9      |      -1
CON:      6      |      -2
INT:       15    |      +2
WIS:       8     |      -1
CHA:      19    |      +4

Forum Name: PWRBTTN
Character Name: Ychthirillius (Yik-thir-I-liuss)
Race: Gnome
Class: Minstrel/Bard/Entertainer/Orator
Short Biography: Born and raised in the Sylac Forest, Ychthirillius has been intrigued by the stories told by the Jack of Shades. So intrigued, that he has decided to explore the Sylac Forest in search of his own tales to tell until he collects the funds to open an oratorium. Ychthirillius' "Fantastical Storiums Oratorium" will house all of the world's greatest orators with stories to tell from all over.
Personality Traits: Loves hats, loves stories, loves adventure. Does not like animals (unless they're rodents). Has a pet field mouse, Chriil (Shrill). Clever, great memory, great orator. Able to get out of many situations with simply conversing.
Powers: Illusionary spells, mostly. Especially good at charm spells. He's been doing them since he was a wee gnome cub.
Weapons: Sharpened stick with an illusionary enchantment bound to it in order to make it look like a longsword.
Portrait:
Ychthirillius (yes, it's a generic Gnome... but it fits the bill)

Ychthrillius' favourite hat (All Gnomes love hats, it's like why Humans like oxygen)

*I don't know how to resize images... If I did, I'd make my gnome smaller so that he wasn't so obtrusive.
There ya go! Fixed it for ya, he sounds rather interesting. Can't wait to see what he does! :D

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »
I am going to see if any other folks wish to join in, and then start posting into the role play. You can begin if you'd like, I would just rather see if anyone else wants in before we begin. (Saves them the headache of reading the pages once it starts to take off.)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 06:34:44 PM »
NOTE: I've never actually played any tabletop RPGs or the like, Thus i don't have a D20 lying around, So i am going to leave stats alone for now.

Forum Name:Dryym
Character Name: Drak Jalin (DR-AH-K YAY-LIN)
Race: Human
Class:: Thief
Short Biography: Born as the unwanted son of a king and a common woman in a far away land, Drak always felt guilty for the terrible burden he placed on his mother by existing, At the age of 12 he ran away from his miserable life in search of something better. For 2 years he survived as a pick-pocket, And petty thief. He felt that he was down on his luck, Until he got caught stealing from a legendary master thief. He spent 6 years being mentored in the art of Stealth, And thievery, Using his spare time to read up on various magics and mechanisms. When the time came that he had learned all that his mentor could teach, He left in search of the adventure and riches he had heard stories of in the Sylac Forest.
Personality Traits: Drak is very inward and quiet, Preferring to think to himself and avoid others if at all possible. He has researched the tongues of many intelligent creatures of the forest, And if confronted, Prefers to talk his way out of a situation... Or simply slip away.
Powers: During his spare time while being mentored, Drak researched and practiced any magics he could think of a stealthy application for. He is quite proficient with temporary invisibility, Soft Step, And Shape-Shifting spells, Although he tends to not rely on them.
Weapons (& Equipment): 1 Small Iron Dagger (Bought with stolen goods), Various thrown noisemakers, 1 Bow (Made by himself), Various arrows, Including DragonScale Broadhead, Noisemaker, And many more. Smoke Bombs (Hand crafted using ancient techniques), And a shortsword which is rarely on his person.
Portrait:

Fun fact, In looking for the portrait, I found both Jack, And PWR's portraits.

Also, While the Biography stuff was narrated from the 3rd person, I will be telling my story from Drak's POV.

Creator of the term "Deathmine ©"
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym