Author Topic:  Impossible Quiz 2  (Read 3095 times)

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
Impossible Quiz 2
« on: May 24, 2015, 08:04:09 PM »

~Introduction~

Bonjour all! I'd like to personally welcome you to my newest challenge map. I'm proud to say this is my 5th Challenge Map. It's a squeal from my last quiz challenge map called Impossible Quiz. For those who don't know what the Impossible Quiz is or where it came from, it's a game fabricated on PC that requires you to answer various question. However, these questions are never exactly straightforward. Some questions  are literal, a pun a pun of some sorts or just generally off-beat. While others are rather clever then puerile. Popular YouTube channels like PewDiePie, Markiplier, Smosh Games, TobyGames, etc… have tried to conquer and partake in this game.

My version of Impossible Quiz is a bit altered. My version has questions that test mind and put you and your brain to the ultimate test. My quiz has 123 difficult but solvable questions that won't only make you want to punch a hole in your wall, but it'll also make you addicted to beat the quiz and be forever called a conqueror.

~Impossible Quiz 2 Distribute~
Spawn
   The Impossible Quiz 2 Spawn is very similar like the first one, except it's a bit bigger, more detailed, smells better, and sugar free. The spawn divides into 3 separate corridors. The left side being the 'Informer Corridor', The right side being 'Hall of Legends', and the middle being the 'Impossible Quiz Corridor'. In the spawn NPC placements of the map's current admins are present as well with their own customized speeches in them, it's quite humorous.

Informer Corridor
   The Informer Corridor holds 6 individual sections that make up all the information of the map. A basic hallway with a pillar in the center. I've noticed while building the map that players wanted an outside view, so due to that I added some beautiful stain glass as a roofing to really present a random block placement towards the map.

>>Arcade<<
   The arcade section of the Informer Corridor is a section that's in 95% of all creative maps! I was originally not going to have one, but due to the new arcade block as well as constant messages of players wanting me to add one, I decided to give in. My arcade has 2 Total Invader arcade machines and 2 Total Rush arcade machines and in the center a beautiful InvaderMan who gives those worthy coins. 

>>Credits<<
   The credits section of the Informer Corridor is self explanatory. It states all those who've helped either build the map or donate components to make the map stronger.

>>Goals<<
   The goals section of the Informer Corridor is again self explanatory. Goals on a map are very important to the host because it gives the host a basic reason to keep succeeding. Whether it being to get a certain amount if rates or just simply having a certain player defeat a challenge/story. Currently 3/18 goals have been completed.

>>Sponsors<<
   The sponsors section of the Informer Corridor includes a total of 12 small thrones available for NPC's for players to show off their worlds by providing a short description on what's so unique about the players world and why they should join. Currently 10/12 sponsor thrones are occupied!

>>Voting<<
   The voting section of the Informer Corridor is basically a room where you the player gets to vote upon some unique topics. Topics ranging from things possibly being added/deleted from the map to what color I should dye my hair (Turquoise) ;)

*More Coming Soon*

Hall of Legends Corridor
   The Impossible Quiz Hall Of Legends Corridor is where all the conquerors for completing the Impossible Quiz will go. Only Five Spots  remain in this room for NPC's with the winners writing a short description about their experience on the map as well as how long it took them to complete it.

The First Player To Complete The Impossible Quiz 2 Will Get A Fantastic Cash Price Of A $15.00 Gift Card To Any Console/PC Of Their Choice! Good Luck Because 123 Questions Remain In Your Way.

Impossible Quiz Corridor
   The Impossible Quiz Corridor is where the main attraction is located. A 123 question quiz that'll test your abilities in simple facts, historical questions, Total Miner logic, memory, gaming facts, and brain teasers.

Trivia Designs

~Impossible Quiz Official Crew~

==HOST==
Jeff McNewmen

==ADMIN==
v Zoidberg v

==ADMIN==
Hashtag

~Special Thanks~
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:27:27 PM by Headless McNewmen »

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Impossible Quiz 2
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:42:30 PM »
-=-OP UPDATED-=-

Hey guys so progress and feedback has been above excellent so far with currently a few players tied for first place for the $15.00 prize. I'll be hosting for a few hours this Friday hoping someone manages to make it up to the checkpoint question which 4 players have managed to get to so far. I'd love to see some thoughts on those who joined IQ2 and explain what they thought of the map. Possibly throw in some ideas on what I can eventually add to the map ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:35:56 PM by Jeff McNewmen »

That Forum Poster

• ...it's a zero not an "O"
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Team L0E
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:57:53 PM »
-=-OP UPDATED-=-

Hey guys so progress and feedback has been abive excellent so far with currently a few players tied fir first place for the $25.00 prize. I'll be hosting for a few hours this Friday hoping someone manages to make it up to the checkpoint question which 4 players have managed to get to so far. I'd love to see some thoughts on those who joined IQ2 and explain what they thought of the map. Possibly throw in some ideas on what I can eventually add to the map ;)
Add more logic questions... you can never have too many brain teasers.  ;)
I script...and make music

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 09:13:22 PM »
Add more logic questions... you can never have too many brain teasers.  ;)
This is already a main thing. Although the quiz ranges from facts to basic historic questions, brain teasers are a huge majority of the quiz. My question to you is can you successfully figure out the logic behind them? ;)

That Forum Poster

• ...it's a zero not an "O"
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Team L0E
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 10:47:17 PM »
This is already a main thing. Although the quiz ranges from facts to basic historic questions, brain teasers are a huge majority of the quiz. My question to you is can you successfully figure out the logic behind them? ;)
Bring it on 8)
I script...and make music

SoldierlyKitten

• TMF clan leader of 2 Legit 2 Quit.
    • View Profile
    • Fused Gaming
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SoldierlyKitten
  • Steam: JosephNewman01
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 11:35:14 PM »
I don't know if this is a good idea but try to have a question that has a hidden secert

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 11:49:41 PM »
I don't know if this is a good idea but try to have a question that has a hidden secert
8)

SoldierlyKitten

• TMF clan leader of 2 Legit 2 Quit.
    • View Profile
    • Fused Gaming
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SoldierlyKitten
  • Steam: JosephNewman01
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 12:16:32 AM »
i mean answer

FunkyToast

• I send upon, an army of cats to do my bidding!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FunkyToast1
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 04:57:12 PM »
Impossible Quiz 2 Written Review

Challenge maps are making a comeback it seems and Jeff McNewmen is leading the way. Jeff's map 'Impossible Quiz 2' (IQ2) combines stunning interior builds and a fantastic yet simple usage of scripts into the perfect map that everyone will enjoy and be furiously addicted to regardless of game mode preference.

However, in IQ2 all you have is your knowledge of useless trivia and Fred, a tomato that you will grow to love fondly. The map simply asks you to correctly answer all 123 questions that vary from Total Miner know-how, history, and even video game culture. The questions are very interesting and often comical, so you'll always be on your toes! But bare in mind that one single wrong answer lands you back at question one.

Multiple players can often be a lot to handle even with five. Especially with one person tailing behind you waiting for the other to answer a question. A versus mode that takes advantage of multi-player would be a welcome addition, where players can compete to answer the question much like a game show you'd see on television. Or even a timed mode to see who can beat the quiz the fastest.

Jeff's map Impossible Quiz 2 is a map that I would recommend to new and veteran players alike for a definite look of what TM is all about. In Total Miner you can make absolutely anything, and this feverishly addicting map is a fantastic example of that.

Overall Review: (Pros & Cons)

+ Great interior design
+ Simplistic yet clever usage of scripts
+ Addicting and enjoyable
- Could benefit from multiple players

8.5 / 10
BioShock - Rapture Recreation (FunkyToast1's City of Rapture!)

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 03:58:18 AM »
Impossible Quiz 2 Written Review

Challenge maps are making a comeback it seems and Jeff McNewmen is leading the way. Jeff's map 'Impossible Quiz 2' (IQ2) combines stunning interior builds and a fantastic yet simple usage of scripts into the perfect map that everyone will enjoy and be furiously addicted to regardless of game mode preference.

However, in IQ2 all you have is your knowledge of useless trivia and Fred, a tomato that you will grow to love fondly. The map simply asks you to correctly answer all 123 questions that vary from Total Miner know-how, history, and even video game culture. The questions are very interesting and often comical, so you'll always be on your toes! But bare in mind that one single wrong answer lands you back at question one.

Multiple players can often be a lot to handle even with five. Especially with one person tailing behind you waiting for the other to answer a question. A versus mode that takes advantage of multi-player would be a welcome addition, where players can compete to answer the question much like a game show you'd see on television. Or even a timed mode to see who can beat the quiz the fastest.

Jeff's map Impossible Quiz 2 is a map that I would recommend to new and veteran players alike for a definite look of what TM is all about. In Total Miner you can make absolutely anything, and this feverishly addicting map is a fantastic example of that.

Overall Review: (Pros & Cons)

+ Great interior design
+ Simplistic yet clever usage of scripts
+ Addicting and enjoyable
- Could benefit from multiple players

8.5 / 10
Thank you so much for this comment. This comment has made my day if not my week. A lotnof hard work has gone into this map and I'm glad players are enjoying it. I'll be making a video soon on a practice demo of the quiz. Again thank you for  the compliment and I'm very excited for the future of this map.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:12:22 PM by Jeff McNewmen »

Approving

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Approving Bans
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 02:47:29 AM »
Very detailed map with lots of questions that will rattle your brain! Keep up the good work Jeff, really great world.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 02:51:19 AM »
My thoughts
I thought it was way harder then IQ1. And not even all 125 questions are done. And this gives me headaces. ;) Thats a good thing i love the design.  Glad you liked my floor. Hopefully you get more good responses. Im bad at this lol. But probly one of the greatest challenge maps at the time. Your my compitition. ;) Just Kidding

Rateing 5 stars

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 02:51:57 AM »
Very detailed map with lots of questions that will rattle your brain! Keep up the good work Jeff, really great world.
Thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed it.

My thoughts
I thought it was way harder then IQ1. And not even all 125 questions are done. And this gives me headaces. ;) Thats a good thing i love the design.  Glad you liked my floor. Hopefully you get more good responses. Im bad at this lol. But probly one of the greatest challenge maps at the time. Your my compitition. ;) Just Kidding

Rateing 5 stars
^_^
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:56:30 AM by Jeff McNewmen »

Lady Lobo

• Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Lady Lobo
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 09:13:43 AM »
Hey Jeff, you have really done one outstanding job with IQ2.  I have never been tested in trying to remember so much information that I have learned in all of my 58 years.  Some of the questions were topics I never even heard of and I failed miserablely and got sent back to spawn.  Poor Fred got complained to plenty of times of which I'm glad you didn't hear ha ha.  The overall layout of the map is cleanly designed and is very user friendly when it comes to finding out about the various areas of the map.  The concept of IQ2 shows the imagination, creativity, humor and determination of a true Total Miner gamer who put his mind and body to work to create one of the top notch challenge maps in the game today.  I gladly rate it 5 gold stars.

Jared

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 01:59:42 AM »
Hey Jeff, you have really done one outstanding job with IQ2.  I have never been tested in trying to remember so much information that I have learned in all of my 58 years.  Some of the questions were topics I never even heard of and I failed miserablely and got sent back to spawn.  Poor Fred got complained to plenty of times of which I'm glad you didn't hear ha ha.  The overall layout of the map is cleanly designed and is very user friendly when it comes to finding out about the various areas of the map.  The concept of IQ2 shows the imagination, creativity, humor and determination of a true Total Miner gamer who put his mind and body to work to create one of the top notch challenge maps in the game today.  I gladly rate it 5 gold stars.
Thank you very much Lady. I'm glad players are starting to enjoy the wonders of Challenge Maps. Despite this one being a quiz map my goal is to repair the damage of what challenge maps used to be.