Author Topic: [Movies] Favorite Horror Films!  (Read 5747 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
[Movies] Re: Favorite Horror Films!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 03:45:13 AM »
agy remmbered 2 more! (and i cant sleep any way XD) (ok maybe more then 2)

phantoms (i hope thats the name)
olderish but good.
the premise is 3 forest rangers coem into a town up in (i want to say alaska). from there outpost. apon returning to town they notice every single person is gone. no signs of sturgle, no signs of fire/war/flood or any fowl play. inside homes dinner is set on tables, not even that old. what ever happned happned fast and silently. then a body is found, inside an bakers oven it appers the man was trying to hide form something, but what? night comes, and with it the rangers soon realize they are not alone in the town afterall..........
great horror flick, that trys to exsplain mass dissaparinces in anchant times. well worth a watch.

the pulse (hope thats the rigth name)
tehcinogy is every where, your phones, wifi, cell service, da interwebs. radio waves, ultrisoince waves. but what if someone found a new frecncny, and with it discovred that something was on the other end of it, trying to get threw........
a collage studnet (natruly), descoversa a new frecncancy for a comapny, but soon after starts to go mad, ramabling about insane things, and soon disapaers altogther, son finding out he has hanged him self rather then face what ever it was that drove him mad. his gf (i think it was his gf), trys to find clues to why he would go to such lengths. managing to steal his computer and getting it to a friend who says he was into soem trange stuff, all the while people around th colage begint o disapaer, some simply vanaish, others begin to kill them selfs. black gooey shadows begin to apper in walls where these people once where. the gf soon realaizse these things are all connected. and realaizes things are only going ot get much much worse............
great movie about the possable horrors of technoalgy

the happening
yes its an m night shamamana movie, get over it.
terror is striking amaerica, out of no where and for no aparitn resion, mass susdiceds are taking place. but its soon disvocred that its not apart of a cult, or some mass pact. its somethign sisnsiter. soon the suciaceds start to become more freikant, spreading in rapidness. panic sets in as peo0ple flew and wonder, only to be caought by what ever it is causing it. a man trys to protect his family threw it, joined by other survivoirs (including john legliazaom, whos amazing in this movie). they countuies to flee, but flee form what? whats causing these susicdes, and how is it spreding so fast? whos next!?
its hard to give a disciribition for this movie with out spoilering parts of it. so try to take what i wrote in stride. it was a good horror movie to me ^_^
even tho it got terrable reviews. probly becuseit has a "what a twsit!" liek eveyr single one of his movies have. but it was a good twsit, and distrbuingly belivable.
infact dont ven look it up, just watch it, so you dont get spoilered. since most of the horror comes form the unknown of how ts happening. if you know how to early it takes away form the fear.
The Happening was pretty good. I liked the premise and what happened, basically why it was happening. Definitely different!

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Quadraphinic
Re: Favorite Horror Films!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 04:51:48 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092991/
Been my favorite ever since I saw it, funny and cheesy as hell.
Cheers Quad
Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
"The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »

Cheers Quad

I LOVE bruce cambel. idk that I ever saw the 2nd oen tho, I have seen the first and army of darkness tho ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 08:14:56 PM »
Does anyone know of some super scary movies on Netflix?
Not even old ones just some good ones that happen to be on there?
Welcome, come on inside...

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 08:16:55 PM »
Does anyone know of some super scary movies on Netflix?
Not even old ones just some good ones that happen to be on there?

most of the movies we talked about are on Netflix streaming belive it or not. whats not they have on dvd ^_^

anywho

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 08:23:30 PM »
most of the movies we talked about are on Netflix streaming belive it or not. whats not they have on dvd ^_^
See this is why your here :D
So you can confirm everything :P
Welcome, come on inside...

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 08:29:13 PM »

Cheers Quad
A classic! And I will be putting up more films that, unfortunately, are not on Netflix. But you should DEFINITELY check them out!

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 12:19:35 AM »
some more agy remembered ^_^

Event horizon
imo, one of the best horror movies ever made
the premiues of the movie is in the furte man has invented the abilty to use FTL travel. using a black hole. however the first ship (the event horizon) disappeared, all crew on board, just simply vaniashed. some years pass, and all of a sudden it shows back up. no signs of life, no crew on board. all attempts to hail it have failed. the man who creatied the drive for it and a rescue crew are sent to inveitiagate. finding no signs of life, no trace of the crew at all. but as they exsplore more of the ship, it becomes clear they are not alone.........
the movie dives deep into the horrors of space travel, expcaily FTL and black holes and what lurks beyond them.

the ninth gate
its a slow horror movie, gona get that out there now.
the movie follows jhony deep as the main carcitor, a reporter who (fopr honsitly I forget the reason, its been a long time). is following the trail of susodily the book to hell. ie the way to get unimaginable power therew the devil. going around a lot of places over Europe, johny finds the book may be true, but its pages (9 in total) are scared around, and theres fakes as well. and only the real 9 pages will grant the power.
like I said its a slow movie, but its a good one. it takes a while to build up but it does deliver ^_^

house on haunted hill (1999 version)
saw this one I was younger (agy had a funny early childhood) scared the heck out of me. idk how scary it would be now.
anywho, the premisue is a group of pepeople will be payed 1 mil if they can stay the night in an insans assylam that had some bad bad bad stuff go down in it. only the guests soon find out there are not alone. hard to exsplain things with out giving away story. its a neat horro movie tho with some crazy effects.

sleepy hallow
johnny deep stars in this neat twist on the sleepy hallow story. lot of neat twists and turns and great acting by jhony, fun horror movie to watch ^_^

Virus
a ship crew is forced to dock at a oil rig (I think it was an oil rig, its been forever). and ride out a storm, there they are faced with a threat form outer space. its aculty a neat movie dispite my bad discruption. about a computer viures form space is convivced that humans are a virus and need ot be eradicated. give it a shot ^_^

anywho

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 12:25:13 AM »
HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL! The 1999 re-make scared me to death! I loved it, and most claim it's not that great. I am sorry, but it's terrifying and the story behind it even more so. To this day, I believe it's one of the scariest films ever. But, that's just me. And the rest of those I love as well! Event Horizon was a good one to, very creepy once it got into the storyline.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 12:31:32 AM »
HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL! The 1999 re-make scared me to death! I loved it, and most claim it's not that great. I am sorry, but it's terrifying and the story behind it even more so. To this day, I believe it's one of the scariest films ever. But, that's just me. And the rest of those I love as well! Event Horizon was a good one to, very creepy once it got into the storyline.

I remember seeing it when I was maybe under 10, idk (yea agys dad is cra cra for letting her see it). it scared da heck out of me, unbeailabe effects. I remember it being insansly horrofifiing. well worth a watch ^_^

anywho

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 12:34:34 AM »
I remember seeing it when I was maybe under 10, idk (yea agys dad is cra cra for letting her see it). it scared da heck out of me, unbeailabe effects. I remember it being insansly horrofifiing. well worth a watch ^_^
I saw it right around the same exact time, about 9-10 years old RIGHT WHEN it came out. lol I had to watch Ghostbusters UNTIL I fell asleep just to fall asleep after watching it. I essentially had to watch something funny for hours on end, it scared me to death. lol Good effects though like you said, very gross and elegantly done. William Castle would've been proud lol

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 06:07:56 AM »
Today's B Horror Film is:

Suspiria is a 1977 Italian horror film directed by Dario Argento. The film stars Jessica Harper as an American ballet student who transfers to a prestigious dance academy in Germany, which she discovers is controlled by a coven of witches.

Definitely a MUST see for horror buffs!

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 11:58:13 AM »
Today's B Horror Film is:

Suspiria is a 1977 Italian horror film directed by Dario Argento. The film stars Jessica Harper as an American ballet student who transfers to a prestigious dance academy in Germany, which she discovers is controlled by a coven of witches.

Definitely a MUST see for horror buffs!

i swear grim adventures of billy and mandy did an epsioed on this XD ^_^

anywho

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »
Honestly Agy, I wouldn't doubt it. lol

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 12:40:31 PM »
Honestly Agy, I wouldn't doubt it. lol

STAND BACK BILLY! I AM GONA DO THE MAHAHAUWA! SHUFFLE!!!!

NO DAD ITS TO POWERFUL!!!

(dad does chicken dance..........blows up whole dance skool and witch running it)

XD!!!!

anywho