Author Topic:  Nintendo Thread.  (Read 3466 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nintendo Thread.
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2017, 03:58:12 PM »
I have a cool story for you guys.

I was at school yesterday and my friend randomly rings me and says "as soon as you get out of school, come to my house as I have something very important to show you!"

So I go round to his house, walk into his kitchen and sitting on the table is his old Nintendo 64. He told me that him and his parents were cleaning out the roof space and he found his Nintendo sitting in a box, which he thought that he threw away years ago.

Yesterday was a good day.
Did you play goldeneye? Mario kart? Mario 64? LoZ Oot? Majoras? Pokemon stadium? Pokemon snap? Resident evil 2? Perfect dark? Such a quality console.

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »

I was at school yesterday and my friend randomly rings me and says "as soon as you get out of school, come to my house as I have something very important to show you!"

So I go round to his house, walk into his kitchen and sitting on the table is his old Nintendo 64. He told me that him and his parents were cleaning out the roof space and he found his Nintendo sitting in a box, which he thought that he threw away years ago.

Did you play goldeneye? Mario kart? Mario 64? LoZ Oot? Majoras? Pokemon stadium? Pokemon snap? Resident evil 2? Perfect dark? Such a quality console.

Played goldeneye and both the Mario games you just listed. Such great games they all were. Might honestly go out and by myself a Nintendo 64 with a few games at the weekend.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2017, 03:29:45 PM »

Played goldeneye and both the Mario games you just listed. Such great games they all were. Might honestly go out and by myself a Nintendo 64 with a few games at the weekend.
Day well spent, Jim.

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »

Day well spent, Jim.

T'was a day well spent indeed.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 05:56:29 PM »
I played Goldeneye before Perfect Dark. Goldeneye was basically perfect. Perfect Dark never had a chance against Goldeneye, it always felt second rate. Not necessarily because it was a bad game, but simply because Goldeneye was so good, it couldn't be matched.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2017, 11:17:55 PM »
I played Goldeneye before Perfect Dark. Goldeneye was basically perfect. Perfect Dark never had a chance against Goldeneye, it always felt second rate. Not necessarily because it was a bad game, but simply because Goldeneye was so good, it couldn't be matched.
Same here. I adored perfect dark so much, (due to rare making it as well) but goldeneye was king. I spent countless nights playing with friends. On both games. But goldeneye was THE king of the shooters on n64.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2017, 03:19:54 AM »
Same here. I adored perfect dark so much, (due to rare making it as well) but goldeneye was king. I spent countless nights playing with friends. On both games. But goldeneye was THE king of the shooters on n64.
For me Goldeneye is THE king of shooters period. For the simple reason I can't think of another shooter that has given me as much fun. Not just for the all night 4 player splitscreen sessions with a lounge full of friends, but also the first few play throughs on the single player campaign were just pure joy for me. A joy I've never been able to capture again playing shooters (excluding sandboxes like GTA).

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2017, 07:21:39 AM »
Spoiler for Image:
Those all look semi-interesting excluding that "Cube Life: Island Survival". It looks rather poor.
Not only does it look poor but it plays that way to. I had the misfortune of buying it because there was no total miner on wii u, thanks Craig, and it was not fun at all.

As for the discussion of best fps, yes 007 goldeneye was the king but I did not find perfect dark to be second, I found the second best to be 007 nightfire on the ps2. Nightfire got just as much game time for me and my family and friends as goldeneye. 3rd best was farcry predator on the 360 because it let me make my own maps to play on.
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2017, 10:21:49 PM »
For me Goldeneye is THE king of shooters period. For the simple reason I can't think of another shooter that has given me as much fun. Not just for the all night 4 player splitscreen sessions with a lounge full of friends, but also the first few play throughs on the single player campaign were just pure joy for me. A joy I've never been able to capture again playing shooters (excluding sandboxes like GTA).
I agree. I was being a conservative in my last post. I recall as a kid going to blockbuster every weekend and ALWAYS renting goldeneye. Until that Christmas when I received it and my life became complete. Many countless nights were spent doing deathmatches, and even more trying to do the hardest difficulty for every mission. All the while trying to unlock those cheata by beating the level in a given amount of time. I may have under sold my love of this game earlier. Lol

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2017, 11:44:25 PM »
I think it just has to do with what you played first. For me, halo was that game.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2017, 04:05:12 AM »
I think it just has to do with what you played first. For me, halo was that game.
You're probably right to some degree.

I played Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake before Goldeneye. I still remember the first time I played Wolfenstein a few days after it was released. I was in heaven, it was the holy grail we'd all been waiting for, the first time we could really play a 3D FPS in real-time. And it was good and I loved playing it, same with Doom.

I still remember the first time I played Goldeneye. It was different. I was transfixed. It wasn't just good, it was sublime, it was perfection.

The only other game that gave me a similar feeling was the first 3D GTA, GTA 3 Vice City on the PS2. Although San Andreas was a far better game, so in that case Vice City being first was definately a big factor.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2017, 06:23:32 PM »
You're probably right to some degree.

I played Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake before Goldeneye. I still remember the first time I played Wolfenstein a few days after it was released. I was in heaven, it was the holy grail we'd all been waiting for, the first time we could really play a 3D FPS in real-time. And it was good and I loved playing it, same with Doom.

I still remember the first time I played Goldeneye. It was different. I was transfixed. It wasn't just good, it was sublime, it was perfection.

The only other game that gave me a similar feeling was the first 3D GTA, GTA 3 Vice City on the PS2. Although San Andreas was a far better game, so in that case Vice City being first was definately a big factor.
I had actually played some medal of honor and call of duty 2 before I played halo for the first time. But Halo had a world unlike I had ever seen, and the polished combat consisting of the Guns/Melee/Grenade trifecta were unlike anything in those games. The enemies and environments were amazing, and as I continued on with the series it seemed to be the best around until halo 4. I remember how many hours I spent playing halo 3 custom games, and then halo reach.

And I am sure that most players growing up these days will find that in Call of Duty or Battlefield. And see Halo, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark as JD Dragon sees goldeneye. It's all about what game first catches you.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2017, 07:16:04 PM »
What about that Wii Sports on the Nintendo Wii eh? Pretty good game if I do say so myself.