Author Topic: [PC] Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion  (Read 39765 times)

Space Garden Magic Miner

• Video Gamer
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: star0utlawdcn
[PC] Re: Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 12:58:04 PM »
I hope when we get TM on pc we can use controllers again and easy craft!  pc keyboard and mouse games are not that fun for long times but I do love to have easy keyboard text chat in multiplayer games!

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
Re: Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
I don't know if this would help, but maybe let the bug fixes go first on the PC and if they're fine then send it in for peer review on the xbox so you don't have to worry about failing peer review and the 2 week wait time.
Peer review has to pass an evil check list, we could patch 100 bugs and there would still be a reason to fail it,
Also failing PR is not much of an issue, it has only failed PR once, and that was the last update

And i agree needs to have controller support, i hate using mouse to look around. refuse to play PC games without it.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Geneo

• Elite Member
  • The Stig knows………... but he ain't telling.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 02:03:32 PM »

Quote from: Craig on Today at 08:32:42 AM<blockquote>The answer to this ("platform exclusive content") is complex with many factors. Ideally we want to get the game onto the Xbox One which would be able to keep up with PC features.
</blockquote>

Now there's a lot to take in!  So here's what I understand (guessing!) so far:

Xbox 360: It will be it's own version, just without all the features of the PC/One.  Of course it will have (for a while) new features added, but it won't be able to handle "some" of the new features (probably the 'most wanted').  Also can the 360 worlds be transferred to the PC/One?  Possibly... if the save files are the same format.  We'll see.  Can the PC/One worlds be transferred to the 360?  1- Why, beings how the PC/One can run circles around the 360?  2- Dream on.

PC: This will be the 'premier' and most up-to-date version of TM, with all the bells and whistles.  It will not have built-in controller support (as that can't be assumed), but use keyboard/mouse instead (more mouse than keyboard hopefully) and there's no reason it shouldn't have the same Easy Crafting.  There's always various utilities out there that lets you use a ps3/ps4 or 360/One controllers if you want. 

One: This will also be the 'premier' version of TM, but updates may (or may not) be a bit slower coming out and not quite as often.  It 'should' be able to keep up with the PC version though.  Basically, except for the control scheme, it should be the same as the PC.  You'll probably be able to transfer One worlds to the PC, but not vice-versa due to MS's TOS.  (Since I have a One, I can't wait!)

ps4: (I can hear the ps4 fanboys screams from here.)  IF this ever happens, it will be the same as the One.  You will not be able to transfer 360/PC/One worlds to a ps4- plan on starting a fresh, new one.

Just remember that the consoles have strict guidelines as to what goes on them (and how), the PC doesn't. 

Anyway, those are my 'guesses' for now.  Only Craig and the development team know, and at this point I don't think they can know all the details yet.  But I'm sure they'll let us know, so hang in there.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 02:35:23 PM »
A successful modding API is something that needs to be integrated into the development of the game from the start. Case study fail: Minecraft.

As TM was originally designed for the Xbox, where mods are not an option, modding has not been considered during development, and therefor would probably end up being as big a fail as Minecrafts attempts on the PC.

Also I don't yet know how modding might work within the Steam ecosystem.

theres a thing called steam workshop, its a steam backed thingy that many many many games use to ligigitamntly make and use mods made by the comunity.

might be something to take a look at ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »
i for one can not wait for a pc version, for the more mobs if nothign elseXD ^_^

my question tho........what happens to avatars? do we need to unlock them all again? (kill me) XD

then theres testers. idk how steam testing works. :O!
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »
I hope when we get TM on pc we can use controllers again and easy craft!  pc keyboard and mouse games are not that fun for long times but I do love to have easy keyboard text chat in multiplayer games!
Controllers? Of course. Currently the game needs to actually support keyboard and mouse lol.

Sexy Hippo

• Sexiest Hippo on the Forums!
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xLOLxTSNOOPS
  • Steam: xLOLxTSNOOPS
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 07:25:48 PM »
Okay, first off, YAS!!!! I love you Craig, please make this magnificent dream a reality!

Now that I've said that, here are my speculations on this topic. So, I have a lot of the same questions that you guys have. Such as, will we need to buy the game again if we already bought it on the xbox platform. Will there be more features in the PC version of TM than the xbox version of TM. So on so forth, just the generic most informable questions. Knowing that almost every human has their own unique curiosities, I have mine.

First, will there be a way of setting up 24/7 servers, that have plugins.

Second, will there be an integration of custom skins, terrain, and texture packs? Sense it is on a PC with more capability on the lines of space, RAM, bandwidth, etc.

Third, will the PC version of TM have the ability to have an MC edit type program for it? So we can more efficiently and easily edit the maps terrain and other features.

Fourth, will there be a separate site, team, network for the PC version for TM?
"To all who walk the dark path and to those who walk in the sunshine but hold out a hand in the darkness to travel beside us. Brighter days are coming."

Geneo

• Elite Member
  • The Stig knows………... but he ain't telling.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »
As for will we have to buy it again- I wouldn't do all that work for free, would you? 
Of curse they'll be more features in the PC version- all the stuff Craig envisions adding to the game, but the 360 holds him back, he'll be able to with the PC (and One).

As for the rest of your post- this isn't minecraft.  As usual, there might be something better!

Sexy Hippo

• Sexiest Hippo on the Forums!
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xLOLxTSNOOPS
  • Steam: xLOLxTSNOOPS
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »
Okay, nice to know. Thanks Geneo.
"To all who walk the dark path and to those who walk in the sunshine but hold out a hand in the darkness to travel beside us. Brighter days are coming."

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 06:15:40 AM »
When this is released for PC i will have no reason to want any consoles.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 09:02:51 AM »
Okay, nice to know. Thanks Geneo.
As for buying it again, there is no way to tell who has purchased the game, microsoft does not allow Craig to see individual sales, so no way to tell if someone purchased the game.

And PC will be almost identical to xbox at first no fancy tools or skins, and seeming it will be using steam doubt there will be an MC edit like tool, which i am glad about, don't want people making huge maps in a few mins by pasting objects in a another software, just look at MC, impossible to tell if someone built there map or just MC edited it.

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 04:16:02 PM »
I don't do steam, nor do I maintain much of a gaming PC these days. I prefer playing from the couch with a controller to sitting at a PC ( I do that all day for work, and have no desire to go home and do the same.), but I will look forward to the Xbone version that hopefully will follow after the PC version. Until then I'll be sticking with the 360 TM.

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 05:41:09 PM »
Will we be able to have community made avatars in the PC version?!?!?

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 05:49:27 PM »
Will we be able to have community made avatars in the PC version?!?!?
Same as xbox, if it is a good model and is well thought out in its unlock method, then could get in.

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »
Same as xbox, if it is a good model and is well thought out in its unlock method, then could get in.

I thought community avatars were denied because we couldn't control obsentities and people having characters with all types of genitalia on them and Micro$haft wouldn't allow it?