Author Topic: [Other] What are you reading?  (Read 1092 times)

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 3 years on site+600 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • PSN: The Glowing One
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
[Other] Re: favorite/ suggested books
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »
My favorite series so far is tied between the Alex Rider series and the Percy Jackson series. Awesome series!lol
Partial owner of Trubstep Industries (1%)
^ I lied, my share was bought out by Trub.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Re: favorite/ suggested books
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 10:08:40 PM »
My favorite series so far is tied between the Alex Rider series and the Percy Jackson series. Awesome series!lol
personally I think my favorite is the odd Thomas series, although if you can count the halo books as a series id rate it higher

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Memes. themes, jelly beans?
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »
So I have been reading the latest book in the SP series...

OMFG IT IS FANTASTIC SO FAR. I am loving it!!!
Anyone else reading the Skullduggery pleasant series? ^_^
if so... What are you up to?

Silver

• Elite Member
  • I write stories. What else do you need to know?!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »
I have read alot of books (not any author in particular usually) but one series I liked was the Inheritance Cycle. It consisted of four books, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance.

stewydeadmike

• Elite Member
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stewydead mike
  • PSN: don't have one :(
  • Steam: stewydeadmike
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »
I have read alot of books (not any author in particular usually) but one series I liked was the Inheritance Cycle. It consisted of four books, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance.
those are one of my favorite book series i just started reading Brisinger now.

Generation 0: if you're reading this copy and paste this into your sig and increase the number by one. I'm doing this for... research.

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 05:42:17 AM »
For me as a kid Darren Shan was amazing however just finished Terry Pratchett: Doger and I enjoyed it

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 12:36:16 PM »
Let's bring this back from the grave. I've started reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. Gotta say it's pretty funny and just great. What books are all you folks reading/read/suggest?

You may say it's a waste of time but when the guy who tried to invent video games told us we said no one needs it and he almost did not invent it.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »
Gotta say, I read the whole of the 1st maze runner book a couple nights ago. I've already read the whole series numerous times, and watched the first two films atleast twice. I can't wait for the third in 2017 :D

I'd reccomend the amazing novels by James Dashner to any who likes dystopian books.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2016, 03:22:36 PM »
I remember reading all of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books during my free time in school. Good times good times  :3

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 10:33:38 PM »
If we bring this back, I think I am going to rebrand it as a "what are we reading" topic, where we talk about what we are currently reading.

#BanAtlas

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 10:55:40 PM »
Not something i'm reading currently but the book 'Some Thing Upstairs' is great. The book is based around they city of Providence in Rhode Island(The sate i live in.) And its about this boy who moves into this new house and when he goes upstairs there is a blood stain on the floor and the night he slept there a child came through and asked him to help find the person who him. It was written by AVI. The house and places in the book are real if you every visit our little state try and find the wall of the X Its there (Read the book to understand)

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 02:31:46 AM »
Right now I am reading the current Deadpool/Spiderman run, as well as a collection of the Spiderverse arcs that I got for my birthday. They are pretty good. Deadpool and Spiderman bounce off of each other very well, and the writing and art is top notch

#BanAtlas

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 11:16:06 AM »
Icewind Dale trilogy.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 01:52:11 PM »
Let's bring this back from the grave. I've started reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. Gotta say it's pretty funny and just great. What books are all you folks reading/read/suggest?

Love the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy series. I read the whole collection a while back, and I found it hilarious.

Icewind Dale trilogy.

Have you read the prequels?

Also, everything RA Salvatore writes is a masterpiece. If you haven't checked it out yet, there's this book he wrote with his kid, and it's really unique. When I get home on monday or tuesday I'll check my bookcase and let you know what its called.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ