Author Topic:  Communicraft 3.0 -4.0 Ideas Anyone?-  (Read 13137 times)

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
Communicraft 3.0 -4.0 Ideas Anyone?-
« on: June 14, 2013, 07:02:35 PM »

Ideas Needed

Seeing as Communicraft is one of the, if not the, biggest Community server in the game, I want to have the Community's opinion of how i should create the 4.0 map. I want you all to give me some ideas, or concepts, that you would like to see in the map.

Keep in mind i cannot bring in every idea, but I will try my best to adequately accommodate your ideas. 

Welcome to the Third Communicraft!!

=This map is now a work in progress=
Recent Updates

As most of you know, the map ran into a glitch where every avatar on the map spontaneously disappeared, and each sign has lost it's text. Considering that this is a Community Server that is mildly important, for with out those the aspect of ______ built on this plot, or _______ has reserved this section is virtually gone.
Ill try to replace all lost info such as Avatars describing what the map is about, or signs stating who built what. (keep in mind there are MANY plots, so i wont be able to recall each player who built on certain plots).

If you want to ensure your plot has been re-claimed under your name, join and point out which build it is, or message me on what you built. (hopefully ill remember the plots of my more active members, but i feel certain plots may be unknown forever).

The Spawn W.I.P

This map will be set out in a much more structured fashion than my previous two maps. The spawn itself is no longer in the middle of the map, but rather off to the side. You will be spawning inside the cave of a giant mountain. This Cave will eventually be the dwarven stronghold, with a manor center piece. You will spawn in the courtyard of the manor, where there will be 4 avatars explaining what Communicraft is, What the rule of the map are, who the admins are, and then a little bit about my self. Inside the manor itself will be a showcase of the greatest builds around the map. These will consist of a picture and a sign /avatar depicting where the build is on the map and who created it. Once you leave the cave, you will be facing the first section of the map; housing.

Section One COMPLETE
The first section of the map consists of 48 64x64 block plots lined up in a two by three fashion. This section is for creations that fall into the "building" category. This means the creations within this section MUST be a building/house.
The available plots are:  15/48(to be updated)

Section Two: Mega builds COMPLETE
This section will be for the big creations that you want to make. They will be plot sizes of 128x128 and you can build what ever your heart desires so long as it will be big enough for the section. This could include a castle, an arena, or even a miniature town if you wanted.

Miscellaneous Section COMPLETE

This section will be for the abstract builds such as a sphere or pixel art. I will not set out certain plots for this area, but I will divide it between builds and pixel art.

Areal Section Accessible to Public

This part of the map will be for flying or floating object as well as an island where you can build smaller houses. this will be a completely terraformed area of the map, and I hope you guys will enjoy it. The entrance to tis area is in the works. It is called "sky temple, and it is a grand front entrance leading to a tower that reaches up to the sky. at the top of this tower will be a teleporter, which leads to the floating islands.

Ocean WIP
This section will be for any underwater builds or ship related builds. I may decide to allow housing in this area, but keep in mind, there is not a lot of room, so space will be minimum. The Reservoir is filled by the glacial waterfall flowing down from the mountain, which is why it will have a light turquoise colour to it. 

Hope you guys like the sections of the map, and I hope to see you all on the map once it goes public. Please tell me if you want me to add in another section (like terraforming or underground) and I will try my best to incorporate it with the map.

Admins for 3.0
I am Currently Looking for some Admins for the map, the previous choices were based off of people who i was friends with on the forum mostly, and some of them were not on the map as often as i would hope. The Only people as of right now who are an Admin for 3.0 are Trubtavium Recordsmith he has been on the Communicraft maps since CC1 and is always help out when I need it, also he provides some quite fun times on Communicraft as well :P. Also,  Liam9797 is now an admin of Communicraft. He has joined this creative map from the begging, and he has always been very trustworthy. The Third admin of Communicraft 3.0 is Jeff McNewman. Although Jeff hasn't build on the previous two maps, he gained my trust and frequented CC3 quite often. he is a prime example of someone, who i did not know very well who became a trustworthy player in my books. Good builder, good personality, i believe he will make a great admin.
If you want to be an admin for 3.0, be on the map often, and show me that you are a trust worthy player.

A Little Bit Behind Communicraft
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Communicraft started out as a small server, back when I was just beginning my start on the forums. I started the map thinking, hey why not get a couple people to come and build a nice little server. I started talking to people on the forums, and almost immediately I had a bigger response than I expected. This great Community kicked off my map with a bang and it grew out way past my expectations. The Server admins Quadraphinic, TDi Saint, Pringle, Shorts and Trubtavium Recordsmith were all on the map continuously, and building a variety of things. Soon enough 1.8 came out, and I received a Zeus for the world! But with 1.8 came problems, the zones continued to be a problem, and new ones occurred, blue screens with pasting and immense lag. So, I created a new server, and it did extremely well. Communicraft 2.0 was by far my most successful map. Unfortunetally it was put to a stop due to pasting not working.

So, now there is the new map, Communicraft 3.0, which will be a whole new map. This map will include very little of the builds of the previous maps and will therefore be a clean start.

I hope to see you all here

The Previous Two Communicrafts

Spoiler for Builders of 2.0:
Key Builders and admins
Key Builders and admins
TDi Saint- KeyBuilder and admin
Quadraphinic-Key Builder and admin
Pringle- Key Builder and admin
Shorts-Admin and justice league leader
Trubstep Record- Admin and Key Builder
YoungSykotic182- Key Builder
KUi Klutch- Key builder
DiamondBack662- Good Builder (he says he's not a key builder)
OracleBall- The Server Recorder
Drew- Server Recorder

Builders and Regular visitors
Almantux11- Builder
crazybobl- Builder
el_mandarina- Builder
Evesy- Builder (tree house that made the server what it was)
II Fergie x- Builder
Liam9797- Builder
MadDog95- Builder (good one at that)
Pringleboy- Builder
QuarentinedII- Builder
Shakez- Builder
Tom- Builder and Troll
A Simple Gamer- Builder (on his way to Key builder)
xlolxtsnoops- Builder
The White Rabbit- Builder (the wabbit hole)
NeXuS- Builder
Serebii2013- Builder
Sinless- Builder
TheGovernor- Builder
Thee Cobra- Builder
TDi Redemtion- Builder
XengelhartX- Builder
fullmetal1660956 (Clerical)- Builder
Snargosoft Developments- Builder
X15 jokeZ oN U- soon to be Builder
Whereiswaldo114- Builder (big creations :))
x ViNNiE o - Builder
callum1234- Builder
muDsluG- Builder and Picture taker
krymzonbladez - Builder
A Blue Gecko- Builder
Crispyy- Builder
NATEMAN55- Builder
Intro Apostal- Builder
The Golden Knight- Builder and told me to tell you his GT is Pilot749
Only Logic- builder
Atlh3-Builder
anonymous comment- Builder
Freight Train A- Builder and good friend
Miss Cellany- Girly Builder
Robert Kiser- Builder
MW2 GOD Tyler- Builder
sneaki leopard- Builder
WARMOD- Builder
TheLogan2000-Visitor
DEATHS TOUCH- Visitor
MechaWho- Visitor
Puxple- Visitor
PLAYCON97- Visitor
Vandrew- Visitor
Wally- Visitor
BeardedSHROOMS - Visitor
EpiiKxReaPz- Visitor
xADxCosmicDeath - Visitor
xXK1N9Xx101 - Visitor
B1ack W1dow - Visitor
Nibble- Visitor
Grenadez- Visitor
UNDERDOG- Visitor
Craig- Visitor

Special Thanks to
BaldyGargoyle- for placing a zeus on my map :D

Spoiler for Pics and Videos:
Videos
Spoiler for Drew:

Spoiler for ORACLE BALL:

Spoiler for WhereisWaldo:

Pictures
By muDsluG
Spoiler for pics:

Spoiler for more pics:

[/center]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:03:22 PM by Rucking Fetard »
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Communicraft 3.0
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »
Awesome another topic for you to boost your posts *facepalm*
:o I could care less about my post count, I could be put to zero right now and I would still post as much as I do... I'm just active on the forums and I want the community to be involved with building maps together...
Since when have you had a problem with me?

edit* You know what, don't reply to that here, if you have anything you'd like to say, please message me. I'd rather not have negativity on this thread.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:32:22 PM by Rucking Fetard »
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:01:36 PM »
Oh mah lorda!

Another communicraft!

*walks away into the sunset*
Doctor Who superfan! and first to break the topic section! First to be Legendary Member! I also claim to have the biggest name :3
/apm /ag /ag /ag /ag

Steam and XBL GT :
Shortpants128

Dominator24

• Koala of the Forums
  • Awards Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DAGANATOR3
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 03:45:21 PM »
Will you be starting it completely fresh or put old builds on it? And I think that you should design it into plots of land. Lets say I DAGANATOR3 am active here and build a lot on the map then I should receive a plot of land with my name, it would say all these were made by DAGANATOR3. If that makes sense.
Always looking for new people to play TM with. Message if your interested.

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 04:30:07 PM »
Will you be starting it completely fresh or put old builds on it? And I think that you should design it into plots of land. Lets say I DAGANATOR3 am active here and build a lot on the map then I should receive a plot of land with my name, it would say all these were made by DAGANATOR3. If that makes sense.
I am planning on making it completely fresh. Only bringing very few builds over. As for your idea, I'll try to make plots of land to build on, but your name goes on every creation you make. I am planning on making a museum for the build, in this it will have the build pic, creators name, and  the location on the map. 
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Dominator24

• Koala of the Forums
  • Awards Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DAGANATOR3
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:59:24 AM »
Sounds fine to me, I might hop on this world sometime
Always looking for new people to play TM with. Message if your interested.

sinless

• Been here since the beginning
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 01:15:14 PM »
Jet could you copy my "feet" since they're not finished

Thanks to /gk for making me this sig /wub

"Announcer of The Official Zepplin Race"

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
As long as I rule underground I am happy with it :)

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 01:55:06 PM »
As long as I rule underground I am happy with it :)

eh.......well...the new justice league headquarters still need to be built...and part of it underground lol! maybe we could work out a deal? say? 40 carrots a day, for some land we can borrow?
Doctor Who superfan! and first to break the topic section! First to be Legendary Member! I also claim to have the biggest name :3
/apm /ag /ag /ag /ag

Steam and XBL GT :
Shortpants128

Tom Snow

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners 3 years on site+600 posts I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 01:57:41 PM »
I like the idea of neighbourhood and set area :) I tryed to make an server called chuck craft the plan was to give everyone a 64 x 64 area to build. Maybe something along those lines would be cool :)

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 03:59:38 PM »
First thing I'm pasting 8)
My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 05:35:02 PM »
sweet !!:) glad to have you all on board for this :) I think i might make an inbetween map first, since 2.0 is a long ways away. and that is a good idea Tom, 64/64 for plot lands, allows for good size builds. I think I'll make the minimum size, 64/64, and if someone needs a bigger space, ill give them a 128/128 plot land size. This map is going to be much more orgonized than the previous two.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Evesy

• Elite Member
  • Game Hoarder
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Evesyy
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 05:37:59 PM »
I'll have to remake my treehouse fortress of solitude on the new map
Xbox Gamertag: Evesyy
Steam ID: Evesy
Twitter: @MEvesy

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
  • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 05:46:43 PM »
First thing I'm pasting 8)

First thing I'm copying. 8) :P

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 06:00:46 PM »
I'll have to remake my treehouse fortress of solitude on the new map
Evesy, have you been on  Communicraft 2.0 ? and im looking forward to it :P

Looks awesome ASG, btw.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim