Author Topic: [Deathmatch] Quasi  (Read 1174 times)

Ultris07

• View Profile
    • Awards
[Deathmatch] Quasi
« on: February 22, 2017, 07:09:54 PM »
(Texture Pack)
Rockhound

Quasi is an Old School Videogame styled Deathmatch, in which players will partake in close and ranged combat using only on map weapons to kill their opponents.
The map is basic in setup so as to facilitate quick kills, movement, and overall experience.

Rest Stops are considered safe zones, and will not allow for PVP.
Upon leaving a rest stop or Spawn you will be teleported to a random spawn location.

-=Warning=-
Be advised, entering a rest stop will clear your inventory as well as respawning, and you will have to start from the bare essentials again.

Weapons and armor will only go as high as Iron, with few exceptions

-=Notice=-
Only roads/trails, ruins, caves, quarries, and Rest Stops will make use of advanced blocks such as:
-Half slabs
-Stairs
-Cylinders
-Fences
-Corner Blocks
(Road/Trails are indicated by Dirt, Cobblestone, Concrete Brick, or Stone Wall)

Here's to hoping for a good run.

-=Notice=-
Open PVP starting today!
All players will start will wood weapons and no gear untill later notice.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:30:27 AM by Ultris07 »
One shall stand, one shall fall!
A warrior takes sword in hand, clasping a gem to his heart. Engraving vanishing memories into the sword, he places finely honed skills into the stone. Spoken from the sword, handed down from the stone... Now the story can be told...
Doth thou desire the power?

Rollins

• “The things you used to own, now they own you.”
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
Re: Quasi
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 11:25:48 PM »
I Seen Quasi before it was even made. I always check up on Ultris and say hi, post memes and look around. I was always waiting for the final product. Guess I'll hook up my Lawnmower. Can't wait to play.
"You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways" -Fight Club

He's trying to P6 ban u bro! That's 5 levels above a P1 ban! You're done -Gary March 24, 2017

December Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:01:26 AM »
Sounds decent. I'm really not a fan of deathmines but it's always cool to see what new and different ideas people come up with for a DM. I'll join and check it out sometime.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:58:53 AM »
Sounds decent. I'm really not a fan of deathmines but it's always cool to see what new and different ideas people come up with for a DM. I'll join and check it out sometime.

Did you not see the thing saying "Old School Videogame styled Deathmatch"?

Creator of the term "Deathmine ©"
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

December Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 08:53:53 AM »

Did you not see the thing saying "Old School Videogame styled Deathmatch"?

I didn't even see that... And yet it's the first thing that was said, my bad.. But yeah, it sounds good enough though.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

Ultris07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 01:20:56 AM »
Added a temp spawn at the WIP location for viewing construction of the map.
will allow PVP in the next couple of days whilst construction continues.
-=Notice=-
Only wood weapons will be available during construction of the map, untill a more substantial form of the map is complete.

Will update the post when PVP is available, please feel free to stop by and murder your friends when able.
A warrior takes sword in hand, clasping a gem to his heart. Engraving vanishing memories into the sword, he places finely honed skills into the stone. Spoken from the sword, handed down from the stone... Now the story can be told...

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 07:45:06 AM »
Instead of limiting what weapons are available, Why not use the "Item" command to balance them all the way you want them?

Ultris07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 11:11:02 AM »
Instead of limiting what weapons are available, Why not use the "Item" command to balance them all the way you want them?
Whilst that is a nice idea, I feel like that is one of the issues with many games these days, where they just have too many of the same weapons, and too many weapons in general.
Now I'm not saying that's completely a bad thing, (Diablo, Destiny, Borderlands, etc.), however I don't feel like their really needs to be everything up to Diamond or higher.

Iron is the gonna be the highest with few exceptions, such as maybe the Battleaxe or Claymore. (Which I will tweak)
I will also incorporate some form of check system to stop people from hoarding weapons and armor so that it is fair for all.

Thanks for the input though, stop by if you want to help or chat.

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 01:53:50 PM »
Whilst that is a nice idea, I feel like that is one of the issues with many games these days, where they just have too many of the same weapons, and too many weapons in general.
Now I'm not saying that's completely a bad thing, (Diablo, Destiny, Borderlands, etc.), however I don't feel like their really needs to be everything up to Diamond or higher.

Iron is the gonna be the highest with few exceptions, such as maybe the Battleaxe or Claymore. (Which I will tweak)
I will also incorporate some form of check system to stop people from hoarding weapons and armor so that it is fair for all.

Thanks for the input though, stop by if you want to help or chat.

I was talking more about the vast assortment of steel weapons there are. It would make things a little more interesting.

For reference, In my map the weapon tiers go as follows.
Rusted Iron (Bronze), Black Iron, Steel, Light Energy (Diamond), Dark Energy (Ruby), Depleted Uranium (Greenstone Gold), Titanite (Titanium).

More variety in powerful weapons gives certain areas more value, Making them contested hot spots in the map.

Ultris07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 04:21:32 PM »
I was talking more about the vast assortment of steel weapons there are. It would make things a little more interesting.

For reference, In my map the weapon tiers go as follows.
Rusted Iron (Bronze), Black Iron, Steel, Light Energy (Diamond), Dark Energy (Ruby), Depleted Uranium (Greenstone Gold), Titanite (Titanium).

More variety in powerful weapons gives certain areas more value, Making them contested hot spots in the map.
Again that just seems like overkill if you ask me.
While I will be including certain items, I'm trying to refrain from the higher value stuff.
There will be many areas with equipment, but if I were to add the other stuff, I would probably just add them as different item styles, rather than different items all together, but there will be plenty of weapons already, what with bows, swords, spears, axes, picks, and then the armor, from Leather, to Iron, so as not to feel too OP.

Might lower Steel down to Iron standards and add them as different Iron styles such as polished Iron, and the Rusted Iron for Bronze is a nice idea.
But I'm trying not to add so many items, so that's why I haven't thought about stuff like Diamond, Titanium, etc....

Thanks for the ideas though.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 10:45:21 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Ultris07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »

Lookin' good, thanks for the pics.
Will ask for more in the future when more is done.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 11:06:24 AM »

Lookin' good, thanks for the pics.
Will ask for more in the future when more is done.
just dont make this deathmatch dark/hard to see is all i ask xD

Ultris07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 11:12:36 AM »
just dont make this deathmatch dark/hard to see is all i ask xD
It'll all be lit for the most part, untill the night comes, or I might leave it perma-day, don't know yet.